Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets and Giants - interesting stat

4 posters

Go down

Jets and Giants - interesting stat Empty Jets and Giants - interesting stat

Post by guppy Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Since 2009, the year Rex Ryan came to the Jets, the Jets are 36-31, and have won 4 post season games.

What about New York's "other" team, the Giants in that same time frame?

36-31, with 4 post season wins.

Creepy. Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Jets and Giants - interesting stat Empty Re: Jets and Giants - interesting stat

Post by LRJets Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Know what's also creepy?

The Jets in 1994, fired Pete Carrol for the "faked spike" by  Dan Marino and the Dolphins, and went into hot pursuit for Rich Kotite.

Where are each of them today? Rolling Eyes 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:28 pm

guppy wrote:Since 2009, the year Rex Ryan came to the Jets, the Jets are 36-31, and have won 4 post season games.

Creepy. Very Happy 

Surprising to me.  I was thinking the Giants numbers would be higher as far as wins. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:22 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:Since 2009, the year Rex Ryan came to the Jets, the Jets are 36-31, and have won 4 post season games.

Creepy. Very Happy 

Surprising to me.  I was thinking the Giants numbers would be higher as far as wins. 

You would think so.  But of course one of those 4 post season wins for the Giants was the Superbowl in 2012 (I forget who they played), something last claimed by the Jets 44+ years ago. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm

You would think so. But of course one of those 4 post season wins for the Giants was the Superbowl in 2012 (I forget who they played), something last claimed by the Jets 44+ years ago. 

Gup, you're too vague.  Count off the only Jets SB win in actual months beyond 44 years.

While at it, peruse this fun fact:

Pats-Jets record with each other-liftetime.

53-51-1

That's with Brady.

Brady is 17-4 vs. Jets.  It is what it is, so I won't speculate what the record would have been sans Brady, because you have Brady.
But it's not a "super-ultra domination".
Oh...who won the game the last time the Jets and Pats played in a playoff?  Speaking of "claiming" we can also claim that fun fact.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 pm

LRJets wrote:You would think so. But of course one of those 4 post season wins for the Giants was the Superbowl in 2012 (I forget who they played), something last claimed by the Jets 44+ years ago. 

Gup, you're too vague.  Count off the only Jets SB win in actual months beyond 44 years.

While at it, peruse this fun fact:

Pats-Jets record with each other-liftetime.

53-51-1

That's with Brady.

Brady is 17-4 vs. Jets.  It is what it is, so I won't speculate what the record would have been sans Brady, because you have Brady.
But it's not a "super-ultra domination".
Oh...who won the game the last time the Jets and Pats played in a playoff?  Speaking of "claiming" we can also claim that fun fact.

Actually, I think the updated numbers now make it 56-52-1.  Same difference basically.  I was aware of the record of the Jets-Pats head to head and how close it is lifetime.   I'll let you count the wins by the New York Titans even though they weren't the "Jets".  LOL. 

In total points of all games played its Pats: 2,479; Jets: 2,288, a difference of only 191 points over 53 years.

If you break it down by decade, the Jets won the 60s, 70s and 90s.  The Pats won the 80s, 2000s, and 2010s. 

The Pats sucked for years, as I am all to familiar with.  Not much to cheer about in those old days except for Jim Nance, Sam "Bam" Cunningham, Stanley "Steamer" Morgan (before he was crippled by Jack Tatum), Steve Grogan, and HOFers Mike Haynes and John Hannah, and thats about it.  

The Pats under Robert Kraft now have more wins in his 19 years of ownership than the franchize had under the 34 years of combined ownership by all other owners.   As fans, that's why we love the guy.  He turned things around.  If he didn't buy the team we could be the Cleveland Browns, and I would be having more interest in baseball right now than football.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:48 am

The Pats under Robert Kraft now have more wins in his 19 years of ownership than the franchize had under the 34 years of combined ownership by all other owners. As fans, that's why we love the guy. He turned things around. If he didn't buy the team we could be the Cleveland Browns, and I would be having more interest in baseball right now than football.

Boy, it's been awhile (due to the absence of Fern and Rags here), but.....we used to go over annually the manner and style how BB left the Jets.  I got to actually respect BB more over recent years to anger myself any longer over Le Affaire Napkin.

Signed contract- 24 hours later resigned.  Told Jets office at the same time as the rest of the world.
How much did Kraft play in this other than offering a contract to BB before the ink was dry on the signed contract with the Jets?

If he didn't buy the team we could be the Cleveland Browns, and I would be having more interest in baseball right now than football.

Huh?  Got a bit side-tracked on this.  You mean to say if the Patriots didn't enjoy their success of late, you'd be "counting days 'til spring training"???
Have to wonder if you were a NY resident.  Guess you'd be a Giants fan for sure.  You wouldn't sniff the Jets.
In the early days of the AFL....The Giants fans were old time NYers and the "Westchester elite".  Jets fans were generally younger from the boroughs and Long Island.  The Maras were upper crust Westchester all the way. 
In my case I was a Giants fan with little x and o knowledge, but became a Jets for the "under dog" factor. I hopped on about a year before the Namath signing.  Beens suffering since.Sad 
Exceptions of all cases above of course.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:10 pm

LRJets wrote:The Pats under Robert Kraft now have more wins in his 19 years of ownership than the franchize had under the 34 years of combined ownership by all other owners. As fans, that's why we love the guy. He turned things around. If he didn't buy the team we could be the Cleveland Browns, and I would be having more interest in baseball right now than football.

Boy, it's been awhile (due to the absence of Fern and Rags here), but.....we used to go over annually the manner and style how BB left the Jets.  I got to actually respect BB more over recent years to anger myself any longer over Le Affaire Napkin.

Signed contract- 24 hours later resigned.  Told Jets office at the same time as the rest of the world.
How much did Kraft play in this other than offering a contract to BB before the ink was dry on the signed contract with the Jets?

If he didn't buy the team we could be the Cleveland Browns, and I would be having more interest in baseball right now than football.

Huh?  Got a bit side-tracked on this.  You mean to say if the Patriots didn't enjoy their success of late, you'd be "counting days 'til spring training"???
Have to wonder if you were a NY resident.  Guess you'd be a Giants fan for sure.  You wouldn't sniff the Jets.
In the early days of the AFL....The Giants fans were old time NYers and the "Westchester elite".  Jets fans were generally younger from the boroughs and Long Island.  The Maras were upper crust Westchester all the way. 
In my case I was a Giants fan with little x and o knowledge, but became a Jets for the "under dog" factor. I hopped on about a year before the Namath signing.  Beens suffering since.Sad 
Exceptions of all cases above of course.

Well, I was talking Kraft, and you replied with Belichick and L'affaire Napkin.  I'm sticking with the subject of Kraft.  He hired other coaches before BB you know.  Went to the Superbowl with one of them as I recall.   You telling me I would be a Giants fan and not sniff the Jets is pretty elitist and uppity of you.  I'm kind of insulted.  I have already detailed on many an occasion how I was a Pats fan in the days when they sucked and played at the worst stadium in the NFL.  All I was trying to say is that the Patriots before Kraft was The Dark Ages, and the Patriots in the "Kraft Era" is a story of absolutely stunning success.  Its day vs. night.  It just is.  Most total victories  and highest overall winning percentage in the NFL since 1994 says so.  That results in the modern Patriot fan being spoiled.  But if some other fanbase had that same kind of success, the same would be true, they'd be spoiled too. 

As far as me bringing baseball into the discussion, it was really just based on this year's stunning turnaround of the Red Sox -- from worst to first in one year.  I can't help but have heightened interest in the MLB playoffs now.  Just like with the hockey playoffs last year.   By bringing up these other Boston teams does that sound like I'm being an a-hole Boston fan who is just gushing with all this success of local sports teams?  Oh well.  Call it what you want. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:51 pm

LRJets wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Have to wonder if you were a NY resident. Guess you'd be a Giants fan for sure. You wouldn't sniff the Jets.

Not too difficult.  I'll type slowly.  You said were it not for the success of Kraft and his Patriots, you'd be solely a baseball fan. 
That demonstrates to the reader, any reader that you wouldn't support a team in any sport in Bahston that is not successful immediately.

It led me to wonder that if you were a NYer you'd be a Giants fan.  You'd never have the patience to have been a Jets fan. 
Do you know how many New Englanders went from cradle to grave without knowing what a pennant feels like in the land of Paul Revere?
Most people don't live for 86 years.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:49 pm

LRJets wrote:

You said were it not for the success of Kraft and his Patriots, you'd be solely a baseball fan. 

(Typing slowly)  Never said "soley".  Never implied it either.   Was trying to articulate that if the Pats were the Browns, and the Sox now have the best record in all of baseball going into the playoffs (which they do), I would be more interested in the MLB Playoffs with my team in it than a Browns-like regular season game of the local football team who sports a losing record.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't still be a fan of the football team.  Not at all.  Thats the leap in logic you made on your own.  But if the Pats with a losing record were on one channel and the Sox in the playoffs were on another channel at the same time, I would still switch back and forth between both games, but with an emphasis on the baseball game, it being a playoff game, and thus more important.   
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:19 pm

As long as I have my red correction pen out;
The Pats were never going to be the Browns. Unless it was the St Louis Browns. Which might have upset the Cleveland Browns.
Kraft didn't hire Parcells, Orthwien did. Parcells then drafted Bledsoe. Kraft has said he wouldn't have bought the team if those two weren't in place. He would have taken JBOs buyout and pursued an expansion team so you wouldn't have been teamless for long Guppy.
New England Jaguars?
Carry on.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Ohhhh, you meant they'd be like the Browns if Kraft hadn't bought them. Gotcha. Maybe they would be, but they'd be doing it in St Louis as the Stallions.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Parcells then drafted Bledsoe. Kraft has said he wouldn't have bought the team if those two weren't in place. He would have taken JBOs buyout and pursued an expansion team so you wouldn't have been teamless for long Guppy.
(George)

Ah, that explains why Rags and others in Patriots Nation despise Parcells.  He didn't remain "in place" all that long.  Birds gotta fly, Tuna gotta swim.
Rags:  Parcells= Tuna Shit

This just in!

Parcells has left a team or three along his dotted route of a Hall of Fame career.

There is definite affection from the Giants and the Jets (not sure about Dallas and Miami) today.

Patriots towards Parcells=Evil or Very Mad 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:57 pm

LRJets wrote:Parcells then drafted Bledsoe. Kraft has said he wouldn't have bought the team if those two weren't in place. He would have taken JBOs buyout and pursued an expansion team so you wouldn't have been teamless for long Guppy.
(George)

Ah, that explains why Rags and others in Patriots Nation despise Parcells.  He didn't remain "in place" all that long.  Birds gotta fly, Tuna gotta swim.
Rags:  Parcells= Tuna Shit

This just in!

Parcells has left a team or three along his dotted route of a Hall of Fame career.

There is definite affection from the Giants and the Jets (not sure about Dallas and Miami) today.

Patriots towards Parcells=Evil or Very Mad 

My general memory about Parcells leaving the Pats was that he was lining himself up to make his exit rather than preparing fully for the Superbowl.  The general feeling was his Superbowl preparation was not 100% and he was distracted because he was planning his exit.  Even after the game, he did not ride back on the plane with the rest of the team.   That's what I remember.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:30 pm

George1963 wrote:Ohhhh, you meant they'd be like the Browns if Kraft hadn't bought them. Gotcha.

Yes, that's what I was sayin.  Look, there is no doubt.  Pre Kraft = We are Loserville.  Kraft Era = Only championships will do.  Its black vs white.  There are no shades of grey here.  All NE owners prior to him were fumblers and bumblers.   I remember he wanted to build a new stadium on a site in South Boston so as to be in the city.  But the Irish politicians wouldn't let him.  So, after flirting briefly with the idea of moving to Hartford (because the governor of Connecticut was offering him ridiculous financial incentives to come, but which would have put his state into bankruptcy), he went to Foxboro.  In hindsight now, I bet he's glad the way it all worked out. 

Patriots in the post season:

In 34 seasons Pre Kraft:  4-6

In 19 seasons of Kraft Era:  20-11

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 am

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love Pauly D!  "It's T-shirt time!"  "Oh yeah!"  Very Happy
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down