Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 season prediction

5 posters

Go down

2013 season prediction  Empty 2013 season prediction

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Official prediction 8-8

Worst case record (< or = 5 wins) ---[due to significant injuries and or Ponder imploding on his way out the door]

Thor

Back to top Go down

2013 season prediction  Empty Re: 2013 season prediction

Post by Gbjerke Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Been waiting for this topic to come up.  I predicted last year a 7-9 or at best an 8-8.
Gotta go with these same numbers this year and would love to see last years 10-6.
Tough schedule and while we have drafted well, our weakness is still at QB.  Had some hopes for Ponder with experience which he now has but he has disappointed.
Whatever the case, am still anxious to see the Vikes.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:36 am

Honestly, I see a drop for you guys after an over-achieving 2012 season.  You still have without a doubt the best RB in the game but Ponder is a liability.  Tough schedule too... and teams won't take you for granted like they might have last year.

I think Gbjerke nailed it.  7-9 or 8-8.  Thor's official 8-8 is on the money too... although the waffling parameters weaken the prediction.

Still, the Vikings are on the way up after bottoming out after the Favre window crashed.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:03 am

I think Gbjerke nailed it.  7-9 or 8-8.  Thor's official 8-8 is on the money too... although the waffling parameters weaken the prediction.

Still, the Vikings are on the way up after bottoming out after the Favre window crashed.

The 'parameters' are there simply to show that, with some good luck, this Viking team could very well overachieve again (10-6). However, with Ponder seeming regression and the always looming injury bug hitting key players (especially Peterson),,,a 5 win season wouldn't blow my socks off.

Okay Duck,,,,I'll make it officially official------->  8-8.

There, book it.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:22 am

Gbjerke wrote:Been waiting for this topic to come up.  I predicted last year a 7-9 or at best an 8-8.
Gotta go with these same numbers this year and would love to see last years 10-6.
Tough schedule and while we have drafted well, our weakness is still at QB.  Had some hopes for Ponder with experience which he now has but he has disappointed.
Whatever the case, am still anxious to see the Vikes.
Very good overview Gb.....I agree with your reasoning, and I also am not optimistic of a 9 or 10 win season. But like I told Duck, Ponder's performance is very key here. Will he play in'13 like the QB who led the Vikings to 4 straight wins to end the regular season last year.....or will he look like he did over the pre-season? If it's the former and Peterson has another big year plus big contributions from the new acquisitions...10 wins wouldn't be out of the question. But if anything less than that happens....it will be a very loooong season.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:45 am

I say the Vikes finish 9 - 7 at best 10 - 6. Our schedule appears to be pretty tough. However, the pressure will be on Ponder to perform.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:05 pm

duck wrote:Honestly, I see a drop for you guys after an over-achieving 2012 season.  You still have without a doubt the best RB in the game but Ponder is a liability.  Tough schedule too... and teams won't take you for granted like they might have last year.

Adrian is not only the best RB in the game, he is also the most valuable player in the NFL. He'll carry the team on his back the same way he did last year, and his leadership will inspire the team as it did late in the season last year. The Vikes will ground and pound their way to a 13-3 season. Their offensive line and defensive line is much better than people think. With Loadholt, Kalil, and Sully, they have 3 of the top offensive linemen in the league, and they've been playing together long enough to develop a chemistry. On the defensive line, even their back-ups are strong. They'll have a decent passrush this year. I'm looking forward to seeing Floyd and Everson Griffin in the mix--and of course Mr. 69. I'm happy about the Bishop pickup, and I think Harrison Smith will have another great season, as will Chad Greenway. The only defensive weakness is their cornerback situation--Rhodes will be a good one, but he's still a rookie, and Cook needs to stay healthy. With their front four, I'm not as concerned about the cornerbacks--I think there'll be a lot of pressure up front this year, so they may not even see much action. As for Ponder, yeah, he sucks, but they finished 10-6 last year with his sucky play, and there were a few losses that could have gone either way. He had no legit starting receivers last year, so that area has improved. Jennings is an excellent route runner--and I'm really loving me some Jarius Wright and Patterson--those are the deep receivers that we were missing. This team should finish at least 3 games better than last year. Yes, I looked at the sched--not that much different than the types of teams they played last year. Remember, they blew out Sanfransico last year. This year's sched will make no difference. I'm more excited about this season than any other. I'm feeling it--ALLLLLLLLLL DAAAAYYYY, Baby!

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Vikings: 11-5
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:27 pm

ILvLamp wrote:
duck wrote:Honestly, I see a drop for you guys after an over-achieving 2012 season.  You still have without a doubt the best RB in the game but Ponder is a liability.  Tough schedule too... and teams won't take you for granted like they might have last year.

Adrian is not only the best RB in the game, he is also the most valuable player in the NFL. He'll carry the team on his back the same way he did last year, and his leadership will inspire the team as it did late in the season last year. The Vikes will ground and pound their way to a 13-3 season. Their offensive line and defensive line is much better than people think. With Loadholt, Kalil, and Sully, they have 3 of the top offensive linemen in the league, and they've been playing together long enough to develop a chemistry. On the defensive line, even their back-ups are strong. They'll have a decent passrush this year. I'm looking forward to seeing Floyd and Everson Griffin in the mix--and of course Mr. 69. I'm happy about the Bishop pickup, and I think Harrison Smith will have another great season, as will Chad Greenway. The only defensive weakness is their cornerback situation--Rhodes will be a good one, but he's still a rookie, and Cook needs to stay healthy. With their front four, I'm not as concerned about the cornerbacks--I think there'll be a lot of pressure up front this year, so they may not even see much action. As for Ponder, yeah, he sucks, but they finished 10-6 last year with his sucky play, and there were a few losses that could have gone either way. He had no legit starting receivers last year, so that area has improved. Jennings is an excellent route runner--and I'm really loving me some Jarius Wright and Patterson--those are the deep receivers that we were missing. This team should finish at least 3 games better than last year. Yes, I looked at the sched--not that much different than the types of teams they played last year. Remember, they blew out Sanfransico last year. This year's sched will make no difference. I'm more excited about this season than any other. I'm feeling it--ALLLLLLLLLL DAAAAYYYY, Baby!

Someone here is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.  The Vikes have some talent and if the breaks fall right it's not out of the question they could have a winning season... 9-7 or 10-6 perhaps.  Thor suggested as much until he was pinned down to an official 8-8 prediction.

However with a tough schedule and a weak link at the most important position in the game, 13-3 is virtually impossible.

I would propose some kind of bet on this, LV, but that simply wouldn't even be sporting. Laughing
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down