Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is going to be a long season I'm afraid...

3 posters

Go down

This is going to be a long season I'm afraid... Empty This is going to be a long season I'm afraid...

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Once again, we have players committing horrible penalties at key times destroying drives that would have been first downs. 

Tomlin has been just absolutely horrible getting these players to stop this nonsense for years.

Last edited by diehardsteersfan on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

This is going to be a long season I'm afraid... Empty Re: This is going to be a long season I'm afraid...

Post by leejr Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 am

Once again, we have players committing horrible penalties at key times destroying drives that would have been first downs. 

Tomlin has been just absolutely horrible getting these players to stop this nonsense for years.

What you're not understanding,a coach can drill drill,and drill. But,it's the play from the players that's called making plays.There's no one on that field that wants to take charge. They are playing on reputation,rather than just playing fundamental football. Bottomline, the Steelers don't scare teams anymore
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

This is going to be a long season I'm afraid... Empty Re: This is going to be a long season I'm afraid...

Post by wyckedheart8 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:09 pm

leejr wrote:Once again, we have players committing horrible penalties at key times destroying drives that would have been first downs. 

What you're not understanding,a coach can drill drill,and drill. But,it's the play from the players that's called making plays.There's no one on that field that wants to take charge. They are playing on reputation,rather than just playing fundamental football. Bottomline, the Steelers don't scare teams anymore
You are right they dont intimidate on the O-Line or at the WR spot and no depth at all on that line, the D IMO is still good and defense wins games but you still need the QB to put points on the board but Benny needs to stay on his feet longer then 3 seconds.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 pm

leejr wrote:Once again, we have players committing horrible penalties at key times destroying drives that would have been first downs. 

That's true but when do you start holding the coach responsible for the constant mistakes, the constant flags?  We've been at or near the bottom of the league in penalities committed the last 3-years.  There comes a time, when the coaches have to start getting held responsible for these mistakes.  It all comes back to them in the end.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Bottomline Die, this club can have a coach that gets into a players face,or not,But, if that player hasn't done what he needs to do it's the player,or players fault. Coach loses game with bad decisions,poor clock management not jumpimg off sides holding etc
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:52 pm

leejr wrote:Bottomline Die, this club can have a coach that gets into a players face,or not,But, if that player hasn't done what he needs to do it's the player,or players fault. Coach loses game with bad decisions,poor clock management not jumpimg off sides holding etc

If you look at the list of least penalized teams to the most, you'll find that your better coaches have their teams near the top or at the top of the least penalized teams in the NFL every year.  I think the coach is responsible to get the player coached up and focusing not only the play itself but making sure that player understands all the rules and plays within that framework.

LOL!  The stats just made a liar out of me.  So I went to stats to find out the least penalized teams and the Steelers ranked last year in the top 6 NFL teams.  I could have sworn last season we were at or near the bottom the entire season but apparently not. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down