Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Missing Link

5 posters

Go down

The Missing Link Empty The Missing Link

Post by duck Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, I hate to get too excited about anything in the preseason.  However, since it's all about player evaluations and not scores, how can Packer fans not be pumped about the performance of Eddie Lacy?  Damn, this guy is the real deal... just the kind of power back we need and haven't had in a long time.

Eddie Lacy will mean more to the 2013 Green Bay Packer team than he would to most other offenses.  Not only will he churn out lots of yards, give us a back who can convert short yardage situations, and give us a legitimate closer but -- most importantly -- he will open up the passing game.  Pretty much all of last season Rodgers saw a lot of Cover 2 with the safeties backed up several yards, ignoring the running game.  That's going to change.  Opposing defenses are now going to have to send more players into the box and Rodgers can throw the deep ball again.  Remember that?  We used to get explosive plays by the handful until 2012.

If Lacy stays healthy and continues to display this kind of power running, we've got a huge steal and the 2013 draft has already been a success.  Micah Hyde looks pretty darned good too and I think we're going to like what we see from Datone Jones once he gets untracked.

I bet PFKIA is creaming his pants.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Missing Link Empty Re: The Missing Link

Post by JhnK307 Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Yes, Eddie Lacy  looked great and the running game looked much improved, however, the Packers still failed to convert on a big third-and-one when they lined up in a running formation with Kuhn in the backfield. The Rams defensive line got penetration and Lacy had nowhere to go.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:02 pm

The offensive line has a lot to do with our short yardage failures. This will probably be our weak link of the season. The other short yardage run by Lacy was good but called back on a very ticky tack holding call on Finley.
Sherrod has not hit the field yet either. I don't look for TT to add anyone to this mix.  It will be do or die with what we have. And we don't have a whole lot there. The Rams have a pretty good front 7 but I cringe when thinking about our line going up against Frisco or Seattle's DL.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:24 pm

milani wrote:The offensive line has a lot to do with our short yardage failures. This will probably be our weak link of the season. The other short yardage run by Lacy was good but called back on a very ticky tack holding call on Finley.
Sherrod has not hit the field yet either. I don't look for TT to add anyone to this mix.  It will be do or die with what we have. And we don't have a whole lot there. The Rams have a pretty good front 7 but I cringe when thinking about our line going up against Frisco or Seattle's DL.

Alas, Milani, you're probably right about TT rapping pat with the existing group.  Having said that, I'm thankful Bahktiari has looked good so far and that with a running game, opposing DLs won't be able to tee off on Rodgers.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Starks will not make the team.   Nor will the guy wearing #1.  Nor will the guy wearing #5.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:51 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Starks will not make the team.   
Noticed he didn't get into the game until the 3rd quarter and got his ass immediately placed on the bench after his fumble.

Not looking good for this dude at all...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Our backs should be Lacy, Franklin, and Harris. Alex Green probably won't be staying either. And we always have Kuuuhnn!.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:59 pm

milani wrote:Our backs should be Lacy, Franklin, and Harris. Alex Green probably won't be staying either. And we always have Kuuuhnn!.
I'd guess they keep 4.  Lacy will be the featured back...Harris and Franklin will share 3rd down back reps and Green will stay on because he still holds a lot of potential and is just getting back to full stride after the ACL.  I've never thought much of Starks...  He'd be who I'd move.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:Our backs should be Lacy, Franklin, and Harris. Alex Green probably won't be staying either. And we always have Kuuuhnn!.
I'd guess they keep 4.  Lacy will be the featured back...Harris and Franklin will share 3rd down back reps and Green will stay on because he still holds a lot of potential and is just getting back to full stride after the ACL.  I've never thought much of Starks...  He'd be who I'd move.

You guys are probably right but I have a strange feeling Starks will remain.  He's been a tease his entire career but when healthy he reminds me of a poor man's Eric Dickerson with that upright running style.  We certainly know he can deliver under pressure, as evidenced by the 2010 playoff run.  I think Green gets the axe.  He looks good on screens but that's about it.

Bottom line is that Lacy is the man.  As long as he stays healthy, we have a legit RB.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down