Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giants/ Steelers preseason game day thread

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Giants/ Steelers preseason game day thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Giants/ Steelers preseason game day thread

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Another ugly screen play...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Giants/ Steelers preseason game day thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Giants/ Steelers preseason game day thread

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Marcus Wheaton needs to learn the rules...get set you stay set

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Steelers starting OL getting a lot of work...seem to need it too.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Great 4th down catch by wheaton

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Terrible cut by dwyer

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Gradkowski was a goog signing...our field goal kicker in money...punt sucks

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:41 pm

RLON39 wrote:Gradkowski was a goog signing...our field goal kicker in money...punt sucks
 I've been impressed with Gradkowski so far.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh my god...where is the punt return blocking? Embarrassing....

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:51 pm

I like me some Wheaton. Hate the middle screens.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:57 pm

RLON39 wrote:I like me some Wheaton. Hate the middle screens.
 I think he'll get his chance now that Burress is out.  So far though, these receivers aren't showing anything great.  We need some deep threats.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 pm

First half thoughts...hard to evaluate tackles...a little too much pressure up the middle. Running game looked good. On the second team, I like how gradkowski moves around. Stephens-howling is quick and decisive...he and Bell seem beter suited to current trend/approach than either Redman or Dwyer, the latter of whom looks lethargic too me, despite still showing good balance and vision when he runs. I liked the look of plays designed for will Johnson, and I like the speed and route running of rookie Marcus Wheaton. I'm not so sure that foster at guard, or Golbert at tackle, are better than Beachum, as he is more athletic than both of them and quite possibly will end up a starter if they truly want t
He most athletic five on the field. the screen play designs and executions suck, not matter who the QB is. They need to clean that shit up. Manny Sanders is going to have a good year and the leave this organization because he gets overpaid by some team.

A word on special teams....aside from the kicker, special teams remains an embarrassment. I'm holding my breath to see this studs Dunn return a kickoff, as he got no blocking on that punt return. Poor preparation led to a blocked punt already. And speaking of punting, the punter must go. He has no hang time, and he booted another opportunity straight into the end zone, Stevenson Sylvester remains a stus on coverage teams.

As to the defense, I liked some of what I saw. The depletion at corner is obviously a problem, but even when healthy, the steelers have taken a step back with Willie gay and/or Curtis brown as the number 3 guy. They are no longer 3 solid deep at corner, but I think they are deep enough at safety to mitigate sme of that loss. Jarvis jones fell on a fumble. Aside from that, he looked quite slow to me in pursuit. Before the play, he seemed to be looking around and rather confused...dissapointing to see. Worilds got an easy sack from the left side, with the second team, go,den broke nicely and in good anticipation of a route, not holding onto the pick. Troy looks healthy. I think Taamu is the better backup nose tackle based on what I saw of the present second team...hopefully he plays well in the second half.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:15 pm

And just like that, you guys are back in the game!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:40 pm

~Sheila~ wrote: And just like that, you guys are back in the game!
 Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  It really doesn't matter at this point.  We're dealing with alot of players that won't make the club.    Wink

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 pm

What I'm seeing right now is an 8 and 8 team...but surely that can change.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:10 pm

RLON39 wrote:What I'm seeing right now is an 8 and 8 team...but surely that can change.
 That's possible.  I thought that with all the changes we've made in the last two years that below 500 wouldn't surprise me much.  I think that Tomlin will take some heat if that happens.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Tomlin will take some,but they are going through phases like any other team does when getting old. The Steelers should've address certain positions years ago.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:25 pm

leejr wrote:Tomlin will take some,but they are going through phases like any other team does when getting old. The Steelers should've address certain positions years ago.
 I think it is typical of any successful team to grow old and have to rebuild.  When you are constantly drafting at or near the bottom of the board every year, it is bound to happen.  So it wasn't like they intended for this to happen.  Give us a couple more years of good drafting and then we can become a very good team again.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
leejr wrote:Tomlin will take some,but they are going through phases like any other team does when getting old. The Steelers should've address certain positions years ago.
 I think it is typical of any successful team to grow old and have to rebuild.  When you are constantly drafting at or near the bottom of the board every year, it is bound to happen.  So it wasn't like they intended for this to happen.  Give us a couple more years of good drafting and then we can become a very good team again.
Sorry Lee, I guess that's what you were basically saying.  What's tough is if the team is going to find the best available player, they don't always have the option to draft for position.  The teams that have the worst records can do those things but winning causes teams to have to hold onto players longer than they intend to because of lack of talent at the back end.  Of course it didn't help the Steelers to have a year or two of complete wasted picks and nothing to show for it.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote: And just like that, you guys are back in the game!
 Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  It really doesn't matter at this point.  We're dealing with alot of players that won't make the club.    Wink

Yep! 

Felt good though seeing the guys take the field! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2