Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caption that picture 8/9

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Caption that picture 8/9 Empty Caption that picture 8/9

Post by guppy Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Caption that picture 8/9 Empty Re: Caption that picture 8/9

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 "Um no, that's not how you do it!"
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:43 pm

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"It's as if he's playing a different sport."
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 am

After seeing TimTebow in the first preseason game against Philly, I have to say I have no clue what he's doing here.  You either have natural throwing mechanics, or you don't.  He don't.  And never will.  Having him throw the ball is like having Big Papi be a pitcher.  Makes no sense.  Nice kid and all.  But in this case BB and/or Josh McDaniels are nuts...... unless you reconcile yourself to the fact that he's simply not a thrower, and you move him to another position.  That is the only thing that makes any sense at all.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

guppy wrote:After seeing TimTebow in the first preseason game against Philly, I have to say I have no clue what he's doing here.  You either have natural throwing mechanics, or you don't.  He don't.  And never will.  Having him throw the ball is like having Big Papi be a pitcher.  Makes no sense.  Nice kid and all.  But in this case BB and/or Josh McDaniels are nuts...... unless you reconcile yourself to the fact that he's simply not a thrower, and you move him to another position.  That is the only thing that makes any sense at all.

The thing about moving him is I hear people say "Move him to RB or h-back or tight end. He's such a great athlete you have to do something with him." He is a great athlete. Better than you or I anyway but the thing is if you moved him to another position tomorrow he would instantly be the most un-athletic guy at that position in the league in terms of being able to do what's required to play it.
Nice kid, and I'm sure he'll do well at whatever he chooses to do, he just needs to realize it's not going to be football.
As for why the Pats have him, I have no idea but they're wasting practice time that would be better spent getting the thousand new guys they have on offense up to speed.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 am

"I never realized how large your nostrils are."
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:09 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:After seeing TimTebow in the first preseason game against Philly, I have to say I have no clue what he's doing here.  You either have natural throwing mechanics, or you don't.  He don't.  And never will.  Having him throw the ball is like having Big Papi be a pitcher.  Makes no sense.  Nice kid and all.  But in this case BB and/or Josh McDaniels are nuts...... unless you reconcile yourself to the fact that he's simply not a thrower, and you move him to another position.  That is the only thing that makes any sense at all.

The thing about moving him is I hear people say "Move him to RB or h-back or tight end. He's such a great athlete you have to do something with him." He is a great athlete. Better than you or I anyway but the thing is if you moved him to another position tomorrow he would instantly be the most un-athletic guy at that position in the league in terms of being able to do what's required to play it.
Nice kid, and I'm sure he'll do well at whatever he chooses to do, he just needs to realize it's not going to be football.
As for why the Pats have him, I have no idea but they're wasting practice time that would be better spent getting the thousand new guys they have on offense up to speed.

Whoa!  Hold on.  A better athlete than you or I?  He might be better now only because he's less than half my age.  But back in the day, I was a friggin BEAST in neighborhood pick up games.  Softball, basketball, flag football, ping pong in the basement.  You name it.  Beast.  

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:06 am

George1963 wrote: The thing about moving him is I hear people say "Move him to RB or h-back or tight end. He's such a great athlete you have to do something with him." He is a great athlete. Better than you or I anyway but the thing is if you moved him to another position tomorrow he would instantly be the most un-athletic guy at that position in the league in terms of being able to do what's required to play it.

OK, here's my theory.  We agree that Tebow will never take the field in an actual game, right?  So the reason he is here is to play on the scout team in practice on the weeks that the Pats play a team with a running QB that occasionally runs read-option plays.  That's it.  Scout team and practice drills to prepare the defense.  That's his primary role. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote: The thing about moving him is I hear people say "Move him to RB or h-back or tight end. He's such a great athlete you have to do something with him." He is a great athlete. Better than you or I anyway but the thing is if you moved him to another position tomorrow he would instantly be the most un-athletic guy at that position in the league in terms of being able to do what's required to play it.

OK, here's my theory.  We agree that Tebow will never take the field in an actual game, right?  So the reason he is here is to play on the scout team in practice on the weeks that the Pats play a team with a running QB that occasionally runs read-option plays.  That's it.  Scout team and practice drills to prepare the defense.  That's his primary role. 

So they got him for practice during the week before the Carolina game. As good a theory as any I suppose.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

So they got him for practice during the week before the Carolina game. As good a theory as any I suppose.

Well, and the Broncos game.  Oh wait, never mind. 

Oh, did you think I was just talking about 2013?  You can never go wrong by planning too far ahead you know. drunken 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:22 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Well, and the Broncos game.  Oh wait, never mind. 

Oh, did you think I was just talking about 2013?  You can never go wrong by planning too far ahead you know. drunken 
Maybe they got him to to be a good influence on his old college teammate Aaron Hernandez.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 am

George1963 wrote:
Maybe they got him to to be a good influence on his old college teammate Aaron Hernandez.

That purpose is now moot, so that's out the window. 

No, I think he's here for a far higher  purpose. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:25 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

No, it can't be that. I'm sure Tim likes Mr Kraft, he likes everybody, but why would he waste his healing powers on somebody who's just going to hell with all the rest of the non-believers and brown people?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:45 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

No, it can't be that. I'm sure Tim likes Mr Kraft, he likes everybody, but why would he waste his healing powers on somebody who's just going to hell with all the rest of the non-believers and brown people?

what? "brown people"?  as in...........??

BTW Tim prays for everybody, even his old colllege teammate now sitting in 10 x 15 foot cell 22 hours a day.

Well, if he's not here to heal, maybe he's here to be the......

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:54 pm

guppy wrote:

BTW Tim prays for everybody, even his old colllege teammate now sitting in 10 x 15 foot cell 22 hours a day.

This is great!  Very Happy
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Curse of Ham Gup. 
I'm joking, I don't think Timmy's one of those.
Or is he?

All kidding aside, I think McDaniel would like to somehow show he didn't make the biggest draft screw up in the last 10 years and that BB would like to show he can get something out of a guy that Rex failed with.
I really think it's as simple as that.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:24 pm

George1963 wrote:All kidding aside, I think McDaniel would like to somehow show he didn't make the biggest draft screw up in the last 10 years and that BB would like to show he can get something out of a guy that Rex failed with.
I really think it's as simple as that.

I'll buy into the McDaniel part.   But I'm not convinced about the Belichick wanting to show Rex up part.  What did Rex ever do to BB?  Nothing.  Even though BB loves to beat the Jets as a team, I don't think he is at all consumed by anything personal having to do with Rex. 

In fact, you will recall that when that "mouthy punk" Wes Welker made the foot jokes about Rex, BB sat his ass down for the entire first quarter of a playoff game.  Rex interpreted that as his fellow HC bretheren, B. Belichick sticking up for him, even to the point of sitting a star player in a playoff game as discipline.

You think BB takes this personally?  lol

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:09 am

I'll buy into the McDaniel part.   But I'm not convinced about the Belichick wanting to show Rex up part.  What did Rex ever do to BB?  Nothing.  Even though BB loves to beat the Jets as a team, I don't think he is at all consumed by anything personal having to do with Rex. 

By all accounts they're friends. I like nothing better than making my friends look foolish. Don't you?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 am

George1963 wrote:I'll buy into the McDaniel part.   But I'm not convinced about the Belichick wanting to show Rex up part.  What did Rex ever do to BB?  Nothing.  Even though BB loves to beat the Jets as a team, I don't think he is at all consumed by anything personal having to do with Rex. 

By all accounts they're friends. I like nothing better than making my friends look foolish. Don't you?

You got a point there George.  That's how I made most of my friends.  As strangers, first I made them look foolish.  Then we got over it and bonded.  That's kinda the process.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:I'll buy into the McDaniel part.   But I'm not convinced about the Belichick wanting to show Rex up part.  What did Rex ever do to BB?  Nothing.  Even though BB loves to beat the Jets as a team, I don't think he is at all consumed by anything personal having to do with Rex. 

You got a point there George.  That's how I made most of my friends.  As strangers, first I made them look foolish.  Then we got over it and bonded.  That's kinda the process.

I don't consider you a friend until you've hidden a bag full of lobster shells in my trunk.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

I don't consider you a friend until you've hidden a bag full of lobster shells in my trunk.

Peee Uuuu!!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:01 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Would you still get the humor if I made them diseased lobster shells? Laughing 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:23 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Would you still get the humor if I made them diseased lobster shells? Laughing 

Nice.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:26 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Peee Uuuu!!!

Oh it was horrifying Sheila. I could have set that thing on fire and it wouldn't have killed the smell.
Pretty funny though.
I gave the car to my daughter to take to college so it all worked out OK.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 am

George1963 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Peee Uuuu!!!

Oh it was horrifying Sheila. I could have set that thing on fire and it wouldn't have killed the smell.
Pretty funny though.
I gave the car to my daughter to take to college so it all worked out OK.

Oh...you dirty dawg!! 
Reminds me of my dad.  First car he gave me was a 1976 Ford Pinto, you know the one where if you got hit from behind it would blow up!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next