Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilbert a backup?

2 posters

Go down

Gilbert a backup? Empty Gilbert a backup?

Post by RLON39 Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 am

Rumor has it Adams has grabbed the LT position and that Beachum may eventually win out on the right side. The must be pretty big on Beachum, given his performance last year as a rookie. Gilbert was the one starter who worried me the most, and it's good to see that, unlike in previous years, the Steelers are not as much focused on status quo/continuity than getting the best five on the field. Gilbert can back up every position aside from center, with Malecki backing up center and guard. That leaves one open spot, and you would think it would be for a tackle capable lineman. Here's hoping one of the young guys beats out Whimper, who is shit.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Gilbert a backup? Empty Re: Gilbert a backup?

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 pm

RLON39 wrote:Rumor has it Adams has grabbed the LT position and that Beachum may eventually win out on the right side. The must be pretty big on Beachum, given his performance last year as a rookie. Gilbert was the one starter who worried me the most, and it's good to see that, unlike in previous years, the Steelers are not as much focused on status quo/continuity than getting the best five on the field. Gilbert can back up every position aside from center, with Malecki backing up center and guard. That leaves one open spot, and you would think it would be for a tackle capable lineman. Here's hoping one of the young guys beats out Whimper, who is shit.

Whimper cannot make this team.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:13 am

Well, they need some experience, and, unfortunately, that may lead to Whimper, who reminds me of some terrible recent Steeler free agent linemen. I was reading a bit about Adams and Gilbert, and it seems that handedness may play a big role in the decision, while also explaining why Adams struggled in pass protection when on the right side last year, a change for him. He is left handed and more comfortable on the left. Gilbert is right handed and plays both sides. I really want the 2013 OL depth char to look like this:

LT Adams         Gilbert
LG Foster         Malecki
OC Pouncey      Malecki
RG DeCastro     Gilbert
RT Beachum     Gilbert

ONE MORE SPOT, AND I'M PULLING FOR GOLIC JUNIOR, BUT I THINK IT WILL GO TO A TACKLE CAPABLE PLAYER.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down