Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finley.....

2 posters

Go down

Finley..... Empty Finley.....

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 pm

Jermichael Finley wants to keep a lower profile
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 31, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
It used to be easy to find [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], primarily by having working ears.
But the Packers tight end has taken a different approach to this offseason, becoming intentionally boring after years of talking his way into unwanted attention.
According to Jason Wilde of ESPNWiscon, Finley offered up a whole bunch of nothing during an eight-minute group interview Wednesday.
Specifically, Finley said he was just playing football (at least 11 times), doing things the right way (five), doing what he was supposed to (three), getting better every day (three) and everything will take care of itself (four).
Afterward, he said it was deliberate.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I wasn’t doing it wrong [before], but there’s a way to go about it,” Finley said. “This is what you do for a living. Right now, I’m on a pedestal, so everything I say, . . . I just want to do everything the right way, just squash out everything.
“You live and learn. But at the same time, it’s all about doing things the right way, and that’s what I’m about right now. The football field comes easy. That’s no problem. It’s doing things the right way and how my image is in the public.
“I would say (the way I was before) wasn’t making me comfortable. . . . So why not just do it the right way? I’ve got a career that took off on path that, I mean, I didn’t know being outspoken was going to put me on. Anything I say is big-time, so it’s weird to me. But if you play football, everything else will take care of itself.”
Even coach Mike McCarthy joked that of all the things he liked about Finley in camp: “He’s not in the media every day. That’s a good thing.”

See, dumbasses?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Finley..... Empty Re: Finley.....

Post by MB20 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

_HD_ wrote:Jermichael Finley wants to keep a lower profile
It used to be easy to find [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], primarily by having working ears.
But the Packers tight end has taken a different approach to this offseason, becoming intentionally boring after years of talking his way into unwanted attention.
According to Jason Wilde of ESPNWiscon, Finley offered up a whole bunch of nothing during an eight-minute group interview Wednesday.
Specifically, Finley said he was just playing football (at least 11 times), doing things the right way (five), doing what he was supposed to (three), getting better every day (three) and everything will take care of itself (four).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I wasn’t doing it wrong [before], but there’s a way to go about it,” Finley said. “This is what you do for a living. Right now, I’m on a pedestal, so everything I say, . . . I just want to do everything the right way, just squash out everything.
“You live and learn. But at the same time, it’s all about doing things the right way, and that’s what I’m about right now. The football field comes easy. That’s no problem. It’s doing things the right way and how my image is in the public.
“I would say (the way I was before) wasn’t making me comfortable. . . . So why not just do it the right way? I’ve got a career that took off on path that, I mean, I didn’t know being outspoken was going to put me on. Anything I say is big-time, so it’s weird to me. But if you play football, everything else will take care of itself.”
Even coach Mike McCarthy joked that of all the things he liked about Finley in camp: “He’s not in the media every day. That’s a good thing.”

Clearly has built up the cred to be taken at his word based on one interview in the first week of training camp... I'm sold

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Jermichael Finley wants to keep a lower profile

Clearly has built up the cred to be taken at his word based on one interview in the first week of training camp... I'm sold

No--It started around mid last season after Fatty apparently finally sat down and talked with him and has done nothing but continue...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 am

The dude will have to put on his blocking shoes. The ball is going to Lacy more now and we don't have any more Bubba Franks to lay out LBs.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down