Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Chmura

2 posters

Go down

Mark Chmura Empty Mark Chmura

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 am

Talk about a career killer. What a dumb ass. He was hot though.  Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Mark Chmura Empty Re: Mark Chmura

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Packers claimed it was an injury why they released him.   Who do you believe ?
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 pm

RagnarLodbrok2 wrote:Packers claimed it was an injury why they released him.   Who do you believe ?

I thought he was released because of the rape trial, which I never believed that girl was telling the truth. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Hmmm, did a little research, they claim it was due to an injury...yet it was while he waiting to go to trial for rape. Guess it depends on what you believe. Either way he was stupid for hot tubbing in his underwear with underage teens and going into the bathroom with an underage girl. Yes, I'd say his career was ruined because of it. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Hmmm, did a little research, they claim it was due to an injury...yet it was while he waiting to go to trial for rape. Guess it depends on what you believe. Either way he was stupid for hot tubbing in his underwear with underage teens and going into the bathroom with an underage girl. Yes, I'd say his career was ruined because of it. 

No question about it.  The injury was simply the convenient explanation for dumping someone whom the organization determined had become toxic to their image...and, for the same reason, he was basically black-balled throughout the league after that...

Unless he is hung like *Dinky* of the seven dwarfs--the minute the testimony was delivered that the girl's hymen remained intact--it was clear that Chmura would be found not guilty.  However, based on my recollection of the testimony...the fact that the act wasn't consummated was speculated to be largely because of this girl's male friend trying to take the door to the bathroom down right at the point that Chmura was trying to get down--and disrupted it.  If intent was a crime, IMO, the dude was toast...so he gets what he deserves...but I have no doubt this girl wasn't, at least in part, a willing participant and was pressured after the fact to make the claims she did in order to protect her family virtue...

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:09 pm

_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:Hmmm, did a little research, they claim it was due to an injury...yet it was while he waiting to go to trial for rape. Guess it depends on what you believe. Either way he was stupid for hot tubbing in his underwear with underage teens and going into the bathroom with an underage girl. Yes, I'd say his career was ruined because of it. 

No question about it.  The injury was simply the convenient explanation for dumping someone whom the organization determined had become toxic to their image...and, for the same reason, he was basically black-balled throughout the league after that...

Unless he is hung like *Dinky* of the seven dwarfs--the minute the testimony was delivered that the girl's hymen remained intact--it was clear that Chmura would be found not guilty.  However, based on my recollection of the testimony...the fact that the act wasn't consummated was speculated to be largely because of this girl's male friend trying to take the door to the bathroom down right at the point that Chmura was trying to get down--and disrupted it.  If intent was a crime, IMO, the dude was toast...so he gets what he deserves...but I have no doubt this girl wasn't, at least in part, a willing participant and was pressured after the fact to make the claims she did in order to protect her family virtue...
I watched the entire trial and don't remember the issue of her still being 'intact'...in fact I thought I remembered that witnesses came forward and claimed she had been sexually active with other people, seems unlikely she'd remain intact if that was the case. I do remember that he's a very big man and according to the evidence it was a very small bathroom and that no one heard any type of sounds relating to a struggle or sounds of any kind inside that bathroom, the girl was obviously lying. Sad that happened to him but it was his fault any way you slice it, you make poor choices then you have to deal with the consequences of those choices. I am glad he wasn't convicted, too bad his career took a nose dive because of it. He's lucky his wife chose to stay with a man who kissed an underage girl, who just happened to be their babysitter, in the bathroom of a home where a teen party was being hosted. I'm not sure I could have. 

CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I watched the entire trial and don't remember the issue of her still being 'intact'...in fact I thought I remembered that witnesses came forward and claimed she had been sexually active with other people, seems unlikely she'd remain intact if that was the case. I do remember that he's a very big man and according to the evidence it was a very small bathroom and that no one heard any type of sounds relating to a struggle or sounds of any kind inside that bathroom, the girl was obviously lying. Sad that happened to him but it was his fault any way you slice it, you make poor choices then you have to deal with the consequences of those choices. I am glad he wasn't convicted, too bad his career took a nose dive because of it. He's lucky his wife chose to stay with a man who kissed an underage girl, who just happened to be their babysitter, in the bathroom of a home where a teen party was being hosted. I'm not sure I could have. 

Despite being acquitted of rape--the testimony suggested that it went way beyond kissing while the party was still in the hot tub...  Anyway, Chewy had his problems since then as he is since divorced and is buried under a literal mountain of financial problems...

As the 17-year-old accuser's story goes, the football star arrived at a post-prom party of Roman Catholic high school students at 3:30 a.m. and, according to the complaint, appeared "really drunk," even as the kids flocked around to get their picture taken with the celebrity. The star allegedly called out to the crowd, "You call this a party? Where's all the alcohol?" The kids then produced glasses of liquor they had been concealing. According to the accuser, the football star began a game called "the drinking Ping-Pong," in which the loser chugged a drink. Later, after the kids and the athlete warmed up in the hot tub, the 17-year-old girl ended up in a bathroom with him. She claims he had beckoned her in, and she followed because she did not know what he wanted. It was then, she alleges, that he locked the door, removed her jeans and sexually assaulted her on the floor. After a visit to a rape trauma unit at a local hospital, the girl and her mother went to the police. The following day the cops arrested Mark Chmura, 31, the celebrated tight end of the Green Bay Packers.
Until then, almost everyone who met Chmura assumed--no, they knew--he was going places after pro ball. To a network broadcast booth perhaps, to political office or, with his striking looks and easy charisma, maybe even Hollywood. He also worked overtime to develop an image of Sunday-morning rectitude. In May 1997, citing a golf tournament, he skipped the President's White House reception for the Packers honoring their Super Bowl victory. "I knew it all along," Chmura said later, as the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. "It doesn't really say much for society and the morals [Bill Clinton] sets forth for our children." Just days before his arrest, Chmura had welcomed the fact that four Packers charged with relatively minor crimes--marijuana possession and obstruction of justice--would not be returning to the team under tough new head coach Mike Sherman.
Chmura had seemed to be a perpetual-motion machine of good works, turning up in pediatric wards and at charity golf matches. He and his wife Lynda appeared together in a commercial for the United Way. He also threw his weight behind conservative political causes, attracting a sell-out crowd when he spoke at a G.O.P. fund-raising dinner. But last week a circuit-court judge in Waukesha, Wis., refused to dismiss or delay Chmura's Jan. 23 trial for sexual assault and enticement of a minor. Packer fans have never quite got over the shock of seeing the local hero, the go-to guy in the green-and-gold uniform, clad in handcuffs and an orange penal-system jumpsuit as he was led into a courtroom to hear charges. Once one of the celebrated "Three Amigos" of the Packers, along with quarterback Brett Favre and center Frank Winters, Chmura is out on bail after pleading not guilty. But in June the Packers dropped him, calling it "business" and relieving themselves of his $1.6 million salary.
Chmura's defense and his version of what happened on April 9 is studded with silences. When a reporter with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel broached rumors of his previous womanizing in an interview last September, the football player pointed to his wife and their three-year-old son, saying, "O.K.? End of story." At the same interview, when asked whether he had been drinking prior to arriving at the home of his friend Robert Gessert, Chmura turned to his personal lawyer John Drana to ask if he should answer. Drana said no.
Chmura said he had expected to see his wife at Gessert's house that night in April, but she had already left for their home a few blocks away. Chmura and the Gesserts had had dinner earlier that evening. Nevertheless, he said he thought it would be "nice" to show up at the party for the sake of the kids, who included several young football players as well as Gessert's daughter. Chmura reportedly impressed the kids by phoning his teammates, including Winters, leaving funny messages on their answering machines. Chmura also knew at least one person among the partyers: the alleged victim had baby-sat at his home. His attorney points out that no DNA evidence has been discovered implicating Chmura and that a clinic exam showed that the accuser's hymen was intact.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for the clarification HD, I didn't remember seeing anything about a clinical exam for the girl revealing that info. That's crazy! You would think that if that was presented to the grand jury the charges against him would have been dismissed. I wasn't aware he was divorced and had financial issues....what a shame. Maybe next time he'll make better choices. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down