Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACME Packers

3 posters

Go down

ACME Packers Empty ACME Packers

Post by milani Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Co-incidence?? The game I picked to purchase Ringo's tickets is the Browns' game with the throwback uniforms!! Hope I can get an ACME shirt that says SHERMAN on the back..I may never take it off.

We do the job..We do it right.... ACCC---MEEEEE!
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ACME Packers Empty Re: ACME Packers

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Check out this URL.........and quote by someone named Steve Milanesi (with photo with red car). [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Googling for a Sherman shirt for Milani came up empty. GO PACK GO.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Check out this URL.........and quote by someone named Steve Milanesi (with photo with red car). [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Googling for a Sherman shirt for Milani came up empty. GO PACK GO.

Nothing sweeter than sitting on the hood of a red 57' Chevy Bel Air in front of Stadium View offering Ringo a ride when he staggers out of the bar.

Good article by Harlan. The burden put on Mike was just insurmountable. Surprised it did not send him to an early grave.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed May 08, 2013 8:03 pm

I think it almost sent HD to an early grave too. Embarassed
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I think it almost sent HD to an early grave too. Embarassed

Must be something, Ringo... I just had the first person I can ever remember guess my age as being above 40 (42) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Must be something, Ringo... I just had the first person I can ever remember guess my age as being above 40 (42) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At least you're old enough to remember Mike Sherman.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 09, 2013 5:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:

You're in your early forties and you're whining about people thinking you look old??? Wait a couple of decades. Trust me, even if you are lucky enough to age *gracefully*, you are still going to age, and your relationship with the mirror will become more antagonistic. It's okay... it happens to us all... but it is not a warm and fuzzy process.

And it's even worse where the mirror doesn't reveal. At 61 I now have little aches and pains in places in my body I never even knew existed. (I hear you, Milani!) Backs and necks get beat up from life (especially if you've lived hard and/or did a lot of sports). There's no such thing as a 60-year-old person who doesn't have some little kinks and knots in his spine. And if it's not your back, it's something else. I don't know anyone my age who isn't dealing with something.

That old cliche is really true: getting old isn't for sissies.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

You're in your early forties and you're whining about people thinking you look old??? Wait a couple of decades. Trust me, even if you are lucky enough to age *gracefully*, you are still going to age, and your relationship with the mirror will become more antagonistic. It's okay... it happens to us all... but it is not a warm and fuzzy process.

LOL! Swing and a miss, Duck. I'm 48 and most people take me for my mid-late 30's--so you'll never see me *whining about people thinking I look old... Secondly--I've always marveled at those who put so much stock in their looks--often to the exclusion of those things in life that truly matter--because, let's face it--every day we are all slowly but surely becoming just a little bit uglier. It's a battle you cannot win--so why set yourself up for the fall? It's a shame how society places a burden--especially on women...to shallowly invest so much of their self-worth and resources into a fleeting commodity like their physical appearance. Once it's gone--then what? True happiness and fulfillment really only endure through relationships--and what you give, not what you take... The game is won/lost not in how you start...but in how you finish...

Chris DeGarmo and Geoff Tate wrote a tune a few years back that is brilliant in it's capture of this very thing--that those who stack their chips in riding life high on the tenuity of physical beauty and other shallow exploits are on an eventual path to emotional homelessness. Say hello to Della Brown... Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL! Swing and a miss, Duck. I'm 48 and most people take me for my mid-late 30's--so you'll never see me *whining about people thinking I look old... Secondly--I've always marveled at those who put so much stock in their looks--often to the exclusion of those things in life that truly matter--because, let's face it--every day we are all slowly but surely becoming just a little bit uglier. It's a battle you cannot win--so why set yourself up for the fall? It's a shame how society places a burden--especially on women...to shallowly invest so much of their self-worth and resources into a fleeting commodity like their physical appearance. Once it's gone--then what? True happiness and fulfillment really only endure through relationships--and what you give, not what you take... The game is won/lost not in how you start...but in how you finish...

Chris DeGarmo and Geoff Tate wrote a tune a few years back that is brilliant in it's capture of this very thing--that those who stack their chips in riding life high on the tenuity of physical beauty and other shallow exploits are on an eventual path to emotional homelessness. Say hello to Della Brown... Wink [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My recollection was that you were roughly 15 years younger than me, not 20, but I got confused with the numbers in your earlier post. Whatever. We're on the same page here. None of us are ever going to look or feel as good as we did in our younger days.

It's especially sad that women have so much emphasis placed on their physical appearance by society. And it starts very early. My daughter is in high school now and already two of her close friends have been hospitalized with life-threatening cases of anorexia. These are two sweet and intelligent girls who somehow felt their body types didn't conform to the ridiculous ideals projected upon them by our culture. It's sick.

Yeah, I know we all joke around ourselves and cross the line into political incorrectness with some of the images we post in this football forum. But it's all a matter of context. I make fun of old bald guys too. On a much more serious level, I'm totally supportive of women and the shit they have to deal with in our culture.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 7:22 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

My recollection was that you were roughly 15 years younger than me, not 20, but I got confused with the numbers in your earlier post. Whatever. We're on the same page here. None of us are ever going to look or feel as good as we did in our younger days.

It's especially sad that women have so much emphasis placed on their physical appearance by society. And it starts very early. My daughter is in high school now and already two of her close friends have been hospitalized with life-threatening cases of anorexia. These are two sweet and intelligent girls who somehow felt their body types didn't conform to the ridiculous ideals projected upon them by our culture. It's sick.

Yeah, I know we all joke around ourselves and cross the line into political incorrectness with some of the images we post in this football forum. But it's all a matter of context. I make fun of old bald guys too. On a much more serious level, I'm totally supportive of women and the shit they have to deal with in our culture.

I say it all the time... Woman are amazing creatures. It's much harder to be a woman in this society than a man...and I'm in awe how they pull it all off sometimes...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I say it all the time... Woman are amazing creatures. It's much harder to be a woman in this society than a man...and I'm in awe how they pull it all off sometimes...

Yeah, women are so much more capable and complex. Guys are quite simple, really... Just ask Mr. Balls here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Yeah, women are so much more capable and complex. Guys are quite simple, really... Just ask Mr. Balls here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*Complex* isn't necessarily a positive attribute in people--but I roll with your point... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

You've got that completely right HD. Looks or material things don't matter. It's really about people and giving (and animals and giving, i.e., a dog for example).
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down