Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft - 1st Round

2 posters

Go down

Draft - 1st Round Empty Draft - 1st Round

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Milliner and Richardson. Two defensive standouts who will help a good defense (8th in the league) be better, but unfortunately will not help an anemic offense. I understand there was not much on offense to choose from. We can read from the Jets passing on Geno Smith that they are committed to Sanchez for at least one more year. The Jets will probably pick up a pretty well known QB in the later rounds since it seems all QB's are falling in this draft, but it is obvious they are not drafting one with the expectation that he will replace Sanchez. Nevertheless, Milliner replaces the best DB in the league and Richardson while probably a very good DT, pretty much negates a 3rd round pick from 2 years ago (Kendrick Ellis.) So it's hard to see what's been gained here. I can only speculate that these are players that Idzik feels are good values and wants here in NY to represent his football philosphy.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Draft - 1st Round Empty Re: Draft - 1st Round

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 am

I went to Mike Florio's Jet-hating website, PFT, and the Jets haters who were knocking Revis these past few weeks as being, selfish, over-rated, injured, etc., now say we should have kept Revis.
They say Milliner had 5 surguries, etc. etc.
Richardson? I looked him up as I'm not familiar with him. Mixed reviews. Good at covering the field from side-to-side, good tackler, and then his weaknesses. I still hope for Chris Ivory.
Seems like Rex his putting his survival as the HC on defense once again.
Buffalo, made sure at #8 to get Tavon out of the AFCE.
Typical NE. Picked up 4 picks to their original 5. Patriot Way.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am

LRJets wrote:I went to Mike Florio's Jet-hating website, PFT, and the Jets haters who were knocking Revis these past few weeks as being, selfish, over-rated, injured, etc., now say we should have kept Revis.
They say Milliner had 5 surguries, etc. etc.
Richardson? I looked him up as I'm not familiar with him. Mixed reviews. Good at covering the field from side-to-side, good tackler, and then his weaknesses. I still hope for Chris Ivory.
Seems like Rex his putting his survival as the HC on defense once again.
Buffalo, made sure at #8 to get Tavon out of the AFCE.
Typical NE. Picked up 4 picks to their original 5. Patriot Way.

No way the Jets should have kept Revis, so let them say whatever they want. Yes, Milliner had 5 surgeries, but they say they were all minor and shouldn't impact his readiness. He was rated the best DB on most draft websites. Whether he was good enough for a #9 pick is debateable. Richardson seems to be one of those non-stop motor guys and blessed with unusual speed for a guy his size. However, many draft analysts said he doesn't seem to fit the Jets 3-4 because he's big but not that big. Star Lotulelei, they said would have been a better fit. The Jets passed on him. They say Richardson is quick enough to play in a linebackers stance. The only conclusion we can reach is that Rex has a plan to use him in some unusual way.

I was surprised to learn NE only had 5 picks in this draft. I'm not sure this constant trading down is getting them the results they are hoping for. Still no championships since 2004 despite dominating the league almost every year.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 am

I agree with your assessment of Richardson.
Maybe the Jets can now go into a 4-3?
(The reason we got rid of Vilma).

The Jets haters on PFT call the Jets a circus, clowns, Sanchez, etc.
I chalk it to Rex's mouth and the fact NY is hated in all sports.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 am

LRJets wrote:....The Jets haters on PFT call the Jets a circus, clowns, Sanchez, etc.

You don't have to be a Jet hater to call them a circus. Some of the moves the Jets have made over the last 4 years rivals anything seen under the big top.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:27 am

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:....The Jets haters on PFT call the Jets a circus, clowns, Sanchez, etc.

You don't have to be a Jet hater to call them a circus. Some of the moves the Jets have made over the last 4 years rivals anything seen under the big top.

Well the circus is back for a rerun! The first two picks for defense can be rationalized: there isn't a lot of 1st round O talent out there. OK, we get that, but the Geno Smith pick is mind boggling. If the Jets are committing to Sanchez (even for one year), then they should be drafting guys who can help him: RB's, OT's OG's, WR's, TE's. Geno Smith belongs on team that needs an immediate starting QB, not competing with a struggling QB, whose struggles, by the way, were created by bad personnel moves and untimley injuries. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:59 am

Well the circus is back for a rerun! The first two picks for defense can be rationalized: there isn't a lot of 1st round O talent out there. OK, we get that, but the Geno Smith pick is mind boggling. If the Jets are committing to Sanchez (even for one year), then they should be drafting guys who can help him: RB's, OT's OG's, WR's, TE's. Geno Smith belongs on team that needs an immediate starting QB, not competing with a struggling QB, whose struggles, by the way, were created by bad personnel moves and untimley injuries. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.
My mindset this off-season has been resigned to the Jets going through motions in 2013. We'd get our "quarterback" the following season.
I was so impressed with Geno's six TD passes at WVa on opening day, I wished we had from that point on. Yes he settled back to the rest of the pack, but my interest level in him went back above the radar recently and who knows? Maybe he can develop and be the one?
I think one of the scenarios is Sanchez will either be cut, Girrard (sp) will start, and Geno will be back-up. Admittedly, Sanchez has a smaller window now for mistakes in practices.
I am thrilled about Chris Ivory. Saints fans call him a beast and wished Mark Ingraham would have left.
Remember also, this is next year for Ryan. 16 precious games for him to create his destiny.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 am

LRJets wrote:....Remember also, this is next year for Ryan. 16 precious games for him to create his destiny.

I heard one "expert" on WFAN say that Ryan is safe no matter what happens this season. So, we'll see.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:15 am

....Remember also, this is next year for Ryan. 16 precious games for him to create his destiny.

I heard one "expert" on WFAN say that Ryan is safe no matter what happens this season. So, we'll see.

The most logical conclusion for Rex to survive 2013 is if the Jets show some competitiveness and Idzik and Woody would factor in the dramatic change of the roster.
If they win say less than 5-6 games, he's gone.

As far as the "experts" go, even before games any panel has some members in disagreement to the outcome in most games. They might know more intricacies than the viewers, but as far as picking they're like us civilians. Anything else such as the fate of Rex is inside info.
Things change quickly in the NFL.
Whoda thunk the Jets would draft a QB in this draft?
In consolation, we did get the best QB and CB in the draft.
Hopefully they'll flourish.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 am

LRJets wrote:....Things change quickly in the NFL.
Whoda thunk the Jets would draft a QB in this draft?...

Me! However, I thought they would draft one in the 3rd or 4th round like EJ Manuel (never expected him to get drafted that high, although I did like him), Mike Glennon, Tyler Wilson or even Tyler Bray. Those are guys they say could benefit from a year holding a clip board. But Geno Smith, despite where he was drafted, is one of those "start right away" guys.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down