Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem Positions

Go down

Problem Positions Empty Problem Positions

Post by RLON39 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 am

LT - We don't have a proven left tackle to protect Ben's blind side. The three top LTs will be off the board at 1-17, and Armstead seems more suited to be a guard despite some projections. Solution = resign Starks and let him compete with Gilbert at LT. The loser backs up both tackle slots.

ILB - Spence isn't coming back any time soon, and I think Foote's play is only going to decline. Arthur Brown is a solution, but I doubt he lasts until the third.

RB - I hate to say it, but in terms of getting a feature back, there are no solutions in this draft. Speed is needed, as we already have two power backs. Bradshaw would be a FA answer, Franklyn or Barner could be mid round draft answers, 3rd and 5th, respectively.

OLB - The answer is to resign Harrison, but they won't do that. Getting a mid round guy prospect, for depth is needed. I view Robinson as more of an answer than Worilds, but my future concern revolves around the perennially out of shape and injury prone Woodley. You have to cut him if he gives a repeat performance of last year, given the money you have thrown at him.

WR - The Steelers need size and verticality in a receiver, and if they don't draft Patterson in the first, Justin Hunter, his teammate, is the perfect answer to adding a size guy that is a deep threat. Neither Antonio Brown or Manny Sanders are number one receivers. Both Tennessee receivers have that potential.

LG - Particularly when using a zone blocking scheme, you need a LG with athleticism. At 1-17, Jonathan Cooper would be the perfect solution.

P - Our punter was downright terrible last year, and no one seems to recognize this (at least no one in the media). The Steelers need to take the best punter in this draft in the 6th round. It was painful watching teams like Baltimore getting outplayed by the Steelers yet still winning the field position battle.

S - The Steelers need to draft Shamarko Thomas because he is the perfect successor to Polamalu, who coosts too much money to keep paying if he cannot stay healthy. On the other side, Clark has played the best football of his career the last two seasons, and Golden provides good depth. Darfting Shamarko Thomas in the 3rd and Wilcox in the 4th would be a dream.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down