Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanders sign offer sheet with Pats

+2
guppy
leejr
6 posters

Go down

Sanders sign offer sheet with Pats Empty Sanders sign offer sheet with Pats

Post by leejr Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The New England Patriots patiently waited for the right time to
strike with Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. On
Wednesday, the reigning AFC East champs determined the time is now.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Sanders sign offer sheet with Pats Empty Re: Sanders sign offer sheet with Pats

Post by guppy Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 pm

leejr wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The New England Patriots patiently waited for the right time to
strike with Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. On
Wednesday, the reigning AFC East champs determined the time is now.

The Steelers have to decide whether to match the offer or let him go to the Pats. If they let him go, they get a third round draft pick from NE.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Something just anit right in the steal city. In past years players would take a pay cut to stay a squeeler. I think those days are in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hosted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] restricted free-agent wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders for a visit early in the free agency process. Now they are ready to do something about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday morning the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] submitted an offer sheet for Sanders, according to a source informed of the move. It's a one-year contract. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would have to send a third-round pick to Pittsburgh in exchange for Sanders if the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were unable to match the offer.

Some thoughts:

» The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do not have much salary-cap room. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can make it very difficult -- or nearly impossible -- for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to match the offer unless the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] want to release other players to fit Sanders under the cap. Another option, according to Rapoport: Restructuring [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s contract, which would push dead money into the future.

» The fact it would be a one-year contract is surprising, but perhaps the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] believe that will make it more difficult for their AFC rivals to match. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] still can work out a long-term contract for Sanders after the 2013 season. It's hard to fathom the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] giving up a third-round pick unless they believe Sanders is a long-term solution.

Free-agent tracker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]NFL free agency is under way. Follow all of the latest rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

» After [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s departure to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] really do not want to lose Sanders. Tight end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is coming off a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don't want to have to rely on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as pass-catchers.

» The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have five days to match the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' offer.

» If the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do not match it, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don't have a pick between the third and fifth round of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'd [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the Pats.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:37 pm

We, the thing is that they are not going to be able to sign Sanders, they figure, in 2014. I could go either ay with this, as I really want the underrated WV WR in the third (has Hines Wards written all over him!).

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:18 pm

RLON39 wrote:We, the thing is that they are not going to be able to sign Sanders, they figure, in 2014. I could go either ay with this, as I really want the underrated WV WR in the third (has Hines Wards written all over him!).
I assume you're talking about Steadman Bailey... he'd be perfect for this offense. I agree with your Ward comparison too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:36 am

Stedman Bailey being paired with Antonio Brown is a dream. I think the Steelers should trade down in the first, taking either TE Eifert or WR Hunter. I would love it if they end up with Eifert, Hunter, and Bailey...lol. It is possible, as they will have an extra third, and, if they move down, a couple other extras. The other potential third rounder I love is SS Shamarko Thomas, from Syracuse. Getting Bailey and Thomas in the third is very possible.

Mock Draft:

1. TE Eifert
2. WR Hunter
3a. WR Bailey
3b. SS Thomas
4. FS Wilcox
5. OLB T. Williams
6a. OC/G Holmes
6b. P Allen
7. LB Mauti

RB Bradshaw signed in free agency.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 am

Well all is for naught as the Steelers have matched the Pats offer to Sanders. I was on the fence with this one. I didn't think the money was an issue as much as whether they can resign Sanders long term. On the plus sign we don't have to "waste" a second pick on a rookie wide receiver as we have a known quantity if not a total proven one. The question now is will he resign a long term deal or take a Mike Wallace kind of chance and hope he has a breakout year with out getting injured again. He does need to watch the fumbles but I guess that also applies to Brown as well.
I would still like our drafted WR to be Stedman Bailey out of WV....not ideal size but you can only say WOW about his collegiate production.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 pm

The kid from WV is quick, my only concern with him is his size if I am thinking of the same kid he is something like 5'9 and that usually dont last long in the NFL but there have been guys that size who has heart like they are 6'3 and can take a pounding. I am sorry the kid is 5'10 193, but he is quick and would be ideal as a kickoff/punt returner as well as a slot guy and right now Pitt needs all three of those positions filled nd if you can get him he could turn out to be a very nice draft pick, I just done see him as a late 1st rd pick. Actually I was thinking of Tavon Austing from WV, he is 5'9 and yes I think he will go in the 1st round, Tavon Austin has been clocked at 4.29.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:The kid from WV is quick, my only concern with him is his size if I am thinking of the same kid he is something like 5'9 and that usually dont last long in the NFL but there have been guys that size who has heart like they are 6'3 and can take a pounding. I am sorry the kid is 5'10 193, but he is quick and would be ideal as a kickoff/punt returner as well as a slot guy and right now Pitt needs all three of those positions filled nd if you can get him he could turn out to be a very nice draft pick, I just done see him as a late 1st rd pick. Actually I was thinking of Tavon Austing from WV, he is 5'9 and yes I think he will go in the 1st round, Tavon Austin has been clocked at 4.29.

Yeah, Bailey was their "other" receiver. Check out his overall college production....it is just incredible. A first down and touchdown machine. His red zone production was better than any of the receivers in this year's draft by a bunch. He is bigger than Austin and played a lot more games. He reminds me so much of Hines. Another Hines would be really great wouldn't it? We would be looking at him in the second or, possibly better, the third round.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Poppy wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:The kid from WV is quick, my only concern with him is his size if I am thinking of the same kid he is something like 5'9 and that usually dont last long in the NFL but there have been guys that size who has heart like they are 6'3 and can take a pounding. I am sorry the kid is 5'10 193, but he is quick and would be ideal as a kickoff/punt returner as well as a slot guy and right now Pitt needs all three of those positions filled nd if you can get him he could turn out to be a very nice draft pick, I just done see him as a late 1st rd pick. Actually I was thinking of Tavon Austing from WV, he is 5'9 and yes I think he will go in the 1st round, Tavon Austin has been clocked at 4.29.

Yeah, Bailey was their "other" receiver. Check out his overall college production....it is just incredible. A first down and touchdown machine. His red zone production was better than any of the receivers in this year's draft by a bunch. He is bigger than Austin and played a lot more games. He reminds me so much of Hines. Another Hines would be really great wouldn't it? We would be looking at him in the second or, possibly better, the third round.
After watching the two of them for the past few seasons- Austin has the explosiveness- he could score from anywhere in college... I don't know how that will translate to the pros as a receiver. Bailey is much more polished receiver of the two. He's nearly as fast as Austin and a bit bigger.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down