Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR THE JETS FANS

4 posters

Go down

FOR THE JETS FANS Empty FOR THE JETS FANS

Post by LRJets Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 am

Been hearing the Jets as a possible suitor for Peyton. Wouldn't that be something? I'm still aboard for Sanchez to break out on a consistent path, but a PM doesn't come along that often. Maybe Woody can say "Let's do it for the Jets fans, we'll be in hot pursuit".
Miami seems to be the favorites as of today. It's the NFL, who knows?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

FOR THE JETS FANS Empty Re: FOR THE JETS FANS

Post by LRJets Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 am

Just read that Sanchez is due $8.75 mil in salary and a $2.75 mil salary bonus at the end of March.
So the pundits could say, "The Jets would save $9 mil by cutting him". I like Mark and his moxie most of the time. I can never forget after less pro games than his entire college career starts, he and the Jets went to the 2009 AFCCG in brutally cold weather.
If only....
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 pm

LRJets wrote:Just read that Sanchez is due $8.75 mil in salary and a $2.75 mil salary bonus at the end of March.
So the pundits could say, "The Jets would save $9 mil by cutting him". I like Mark and his moxie most of the time. I can never forget after less pro games than his entire college career starts, he and the Jets went to the 2009 AFCCG in brutally cold weather.
If only....

Ehhhh they may not save, in fact, it may be a bigger cap hit to release him this season than to pay his salary + bonus.

How much of his guaranteed money is left on the contract?

If the Jets were to cut him today, then whatever he is owed would count against this year's cap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:03 pm

As for Peyton...

Man it's tough to say no, but I still don't know if I would do it. That is if the Jets could even clear enough cap to make it happen, and he wanted to come here.

The doctors have said he is ready to go, he has said he is ready to go, but IDK. One bad hit and his career could be over, and you just scrapped the next 3-4 years. Plus, there is a possibility he doesn't play like Peyton Manning anymore, he is 36 atm and hasn't taken a snap in over a year.

The Part that is scary is if he does land in Miami and IS the same old Peyton Manning. If that happens the Jets are in trouble with Brady and Manning in the same division, and Miami has a pretty decent defense too.

If both QB's play at their normal levels for the next 3 years (making them 38 / 39 respectively) the Jets are likely to get some good draft picks. Unless Sanchez makes some serious strides, and the Jets fix the S / WR / RT issues, we would be in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Man it's tough to say no, but I still don't know if I would do it. That is if the Jets could even clear enough cap to make it happen, and he wanted to come here.

Being a Jets fan can drive anyone crazy. (For me, it's a short putt). Laughing
I agree with you Peyton is appetizing. We've been so disappointed on the field and then the season ends with frustration emerging from behind closed doors.
It's another "heart vs. head" situation.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

LRJets wrote:Man it's tough to say no, but I still don't know if I would do it. That is if the Jets could even clear enough cap to make it happen, and he wanted to come here.

Being a Jets fan can drive anyone crazy. (For me, it's a short putt). Laughing
I agree with you Peyton is appetizing. We've been so disappointed on the field and then the season ends with frustration emerging from behind closed doors.
It's another "heart vs. head" situation.

I am not a golfer, but I have heard short putts are horrible. Just that stress of knowing you should make it, can make you shank. lmao

I think you pinged the key part here with most of the Jets fans who are really big on getting Peyton. It's very much a knee jerk type reaction, because of how the second half played out last season. 09 and 2010 built us up to places we really never were before as a fan base.

We went from hoping the team could at least be competitive, to expecting the team to at least make some noise in the playoffs. When the team fell apart in the second half, we were in a position we weren't used to, and now everything has to be scrapped (according to some).

When in reality, if the Jets fix the line issue on the right side, add a solid coverage safety with some size, and pick up a little speed on the outside to stretch the field, they will be right back in the mix next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm

LRJets wrote:Been hearing the Jets as a possible suitor for Peyton. Wouldn't that be something? I'm still aboard for Sanchez to break out on a consistent path, but a PM doesn't come along that often. Maybe Woody can say "Let's do it for the Jets fans, we'll be in hot pursuit".

If Peyton is healthy, the Jets should sign him. Just a thought, but maybe they will and it's why they didn't cut Holmes.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 pm

If Peyton is healthy, the Jets should sign him. Just a thought, but maybe they will and it's why they didn't cut Holmes

Mehta of the Daily News said just before that if PM comes to the Jets, Holmes and Keller go to Hawaii this season.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

FOR THE JETS FANS Empty Manning in Miami

Post by lirok Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Manning already landed in Miami. He went directly from Indy there.
lirok
lirok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:00 am

lirok wrote:Manning already landed in Miami. He went directly from Indy there.

Any team like Maimi that isn't QB committed is perfect for Manning. I still wonder why Indy would release him outright if he could still play. Why not sign him and draft Luck for the future, or at least sign him and trade him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 pm

PatsRBest wrote:

Any team like Maimi that isn't QB committed is perfect for Manning. I still wonder why Indy would release him outright if he could still play. Why not sign him and draft Luck for the future, or at least sign him and trade him?

MONEY MONEY MONEY MUHHNAY... MUHHHNAAAYYYY lol

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:55 am

IMO, if Manning is even 75-80% of his former self and goes to Miami, they are instant contenders. Using the Ravens as a prototype, their defense is getting older and they've been in contention the last few years with Flacco as QB. They could go to the SB with Flacco, but he wouldn't lead them there. And as each year passes, their offense would be expected to improve that much to compensate for their defense getting older.
So Miami with a good defense, Peyton and probably Reggie Wayne, instantly makes them a notch better than the Ravens.
The Jets would have four games against them and the Pats.
It's almost a defensive move for the Jets to get Peyton to keep him from the Dolphins.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:16 am

GangGreen wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

They paid him 28 mil last year right? So what happened that they can't afford him now? The more I look at the way this has come down, and the fact that I haven't read anything that says he's actually healthy, or seen a video of him throwing at full strength, I have to believe he isn't really ready.

The other question with P6 is his true intent now. Does he really want to go to a team that gives him a chance to win or is he looking to find some place to be comfortable, as Tony Dungy stated on Mike and Mike? If he's looking to win he should go to one of the teams who were in the playoffs last year that needs a QB, like SF or Denver. If not he should go to a KC or Miami type team.

It's amazing to me how Manning was able to dangle his services to the Indy team and fans last year, even though he wasn't really near playing again, and now Indy has decided to allow him to walk and he's dangling his services to the highest bidder now. The craziest part of all is that he still isn't ready to play football and everyone's talking about how he's going to step on the field and produce playoff wins and SBs in Miami or anyplace else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:24 am

LRJets wrote:IMO, if Manning is even 75-80% of his former self and goes to Miami, they are instant contenders. Using the Ravens as a prototype, their defense is getting older and they've been in contention the last few years with Flacco as QB. They could go to the SB with Flacco, but he wouldn't lead them there. And as each year passes, their offense would be expected to improve that much to compensate for their defense getting older.
So Miami with a good defense, Peyton and probably Reggie Wayne, instantly makes them a notch better than the Ravens.
The Jets would have four games against them and the Pats.
It's almost a defensive move for the Jets to get Peyton to keep him from the Dolphins.

I simply can't elevate the Dolphins to Baltimore status or even close, with or without P6. Not until I see him play in a game. I'm still not sure that he's ready to play or will be. Are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:36 am

I simply can't elevate the Dolphins to Baltimore status or even close, with or without P6. Not until I see him play in a game. I'm still not sure that he's ready to play or will be. Are you?

I'd agree with you 100%, except I'm guilty of being since Wednesday, saturated by the media (TV, radio, print,) of only the upside of Manning. Few mediots have thrown up the "proceed with caution" flag for Manning.
The consensus is "get Manning and you're an instant contender".
Know what, you're probably more accurate on the situation than those pressbox guys.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 am

LRJets wrote:Been hearing the Jets as a possible suitor for Peyton. Wouldn't that be something? I'm still aboard for Sanchez to break out on a consistent path, but a PM doesn't come along that often. Maybe Woody can say "Let's do it for the Jets fans, we'll be in hot pursuit".

If the Jets aren't interested in Manning they should say so ASAP. If not it could have a negative impact on Sanchez's psyche. If it comes to that the Jets might be forced to trade Sanchez anyway.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm

PatsRBest wrote:
GangGreen wrote:
PatsRBest wrote:

They paid him 28 mil last year right? So what happened that they can't afford him now? The more I look at the way this has come down, and the fact that I haven't read anything that says he's actually healthy, or seen a video of him throwing at full strength, I have to believe he isn't really ready.

The other question with P6 is his true intent now. Does he really want to go to a team that gives him a chance to win or is he looking to find some place to be comfortable, as Tony Dungy stated on Mike and Mike? If he's looking to win he should go to one of the teams who were in the playoffs last year that needs a QB, like SF or Denver. If not he should go to a KC or Miami type team.

It's amazing to me how Manning was able to dangle his services to the Indy team and fans last year, even though he wasn't really near playing again, and now Indy has decided to allow him to walk and he's dangling his services to the highest bidder now. The craziest part of all is that he still isn't ready to play football and everyone's talking about how he's going to step on the field and produce playoff wins and SBs in Miami or anyplace else.

Last year, it was fresh off the surgery and at that time, they were still hopeful that Manning would be back that year. If you recall, they thought he would be out, but would be able to return to the team later in the season and then he needed more surgery.

If his salary this season was in the 10mil range instead of more than double that, you can bet the Colts would have held onto him, but at 28mil (I believe that is his # again this season, correct?) it was too much of an investment when nobody knows what he can / will produce.

Of course it has to do with questions regarding his health, but at the same time the big thing IMHO is the money he would have been due, because again if his salary wasn't so steep, they would have rolled the dice IMO.

As for Manning's impact on a team, like Miami for instance, I think all the analysts are starting from the standpoint that PM will be the same old PM, or at the very least pretty close. So you have a talent like Marshall, the possibility of Wayne coming with Peyton, a solid TE, a good Defense, etc. If Peyton is 80% of what he was in 2010, I believe the Dolphins would indeed be a force. With a team like SF, they need receivers, but again with their defense, Frank Gore, and if Peyton is 80% of what we remember him to be.. He made a career out of turning no names into pro bowl type WR's.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm

I think the Jets are better off getting QB, Chad Henne he still young and in the long run I believe he can be the starter IF Sanchez keep making the mistake like he did last season.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:00 am

LRJets wrote:I simply can't elevate the Dolphins to Baltimore status or even close, with or without P6. Not until I see him play in a game. I'm still not sure that he's ready to play or will be. Are you?

I'd agree with you 100%, except I'm guilty of being since Wednesday, saturated by the media (TV, radio, print,) of only the upside of Manning. Few mediots have thrown up the "proceed with caution" flag for Manning.
The consensus is "get Manning and you're an instant contender".
Know what, you're probably more accurate on the situation than those pressbox guys.

The term 'proceed with caution' doesn't even exist with the mediots. Their motto is 'rush to judgment' and has been for some time.

I'm just skeptical about the whole Manning affair. If he could actually play he'd either be in Indy or we'd see clips of him throwing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down