Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated Steeler Draft Board

Go down

Updated Steeler Draft Board Empty Updated Steeler Draft Board

Post by RLON39 Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:59 pm

I just watched the Manti Te'o press conference, so I'm updating my 1-17 Steeler draft board because he handled it so well:

1. Jarvis Jones OLB (looks like Lawrence Taylor, but not a workout warrior, which, when combined with the medical flag, could work to our advantage)

2. Cordella Patterson WR (perfect runner after the catch, exceptional return ability)

3. Jonathan Cooper OG (perfect LG for zone blocking scheme, athletic and strong)

4. Lane Johnson OT (high ceiling, Joe Staley type, will be the third legit LT off the board)

5. Manti Te'o ILB (possible significant trade down option, and, believe it or not, a natural leader)

6. Kenny Vaccaro SS/FS (possible trade down option, but only if a couple spots, as he is very well rounded)

I wouldn't draft one of the three 'killer Es" at tight end in the first...there also isn't a DT worth taking ahead of these six guys. Corners don't represent a big need, even if Lewis leaves. Hopefully, one of the top four on the above list is on the board when the Steelers pick. If not, they should look towards trade down offers...IMO.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down