Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANOTHER FA QB OFF THE BOARD

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ANOTHER FA QB OFF THE BOARD Empty ANOTHER FA QB OFF THE BOARD

Post by LRJets Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 am

The Jets lost the chance to sign FA to be Tarvaris Jackson who re-signed with the Bills. Big Deal!
Geno Smith? Who knows?
No Jackson, No Vick, Just Sanchez!
Nick Foles might be available. So will Vinny Testaverde.
Jets are screwed in the quarterback position for 2013.
Ergo Jets are screwed.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER FA QB OFF THE BOARD Empty Re: ANOTHER FA QB OFF THE BOARD

Post by wassejet Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

LRJets wrote:The Jets lost the chance to sign FA to be Tarvaris Jackson who re-signed with the Bills. Big Deal!
Geno Smith? Who knows?
Ergo Jets are screwed.

There is little point to signing name QB's who are just going to ride the bench next year. Sanchez is the QB, like it or not, and whatever you think about his abilities, he's a tough guy, so injury would be an unlikely cause of his going to the bench. Having said that, I like the idea of going after Foles if the Eagles want to part with him. He's a big guy with a strong arm, something the Jets haven't had in a QB since Vinnie. I would be happy to give up a 3 pick to get him. This way if Sanchez falters, the Jets have a young potential francise QB ready to come off the bench. Barring that, however, I would prefer the Jets use a mid to late round draft pick on a QB with good potential, not a guy like McElroy who is pretty much hopeless. For example, if E.J. Manuel is still available in the 3rd round, I would pull the trigger on him.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:13 pm

There is little point to signing name QB's who are just going to ride the bench next year. Sanchez is the QB, like it or not, and whatever you think about his abilities, he's a tough guy, so injury would be an unlikely cause of his going to the bench. Having said that, I like the idea of going after Foles if the Eagles want to part with him. He's a big guy with a strong arm, something the Jets haven't had in a QB since Vinnie. I would be happy to give up a 3 pick to get him. This way if Sanchez falters, the Jets have a young potential francise QB ready to come off the bench. Barring that, however, I would prefer the Jets use a mid to late round draft pick on a QB with good potential, not a guy like McElroy who is pretty much hopeless. For example, if E.J. Manuel is still available in the 3rd round, I would pull the trigger on him.
Aren't you tired of has beens and never was? Actually knowing Vick's propensity for injury due to his style, (as an aside, I fear RG III might have the same fate, a true runner, not a "run if you have to run" as most quarterbacks, also putting himself in the position of being a running back once out of the pocket) which as shown, leads to injury.
Getting back to my point, why is Foles second choice to Vick, after Vick's basically non-season last year?
I'd really like the Jets to get a true franchise quarterback as most teams. Stop-gap, for the time being quarterbacks, are the norm for the Jets. We all thought it would be Sanchez, more on hype than past performance. Pete Carroll, his college coach said he wasn't ready. This past season, were it not for Ryan, Tanny, and Woody's insistence to hope they didn't make a mistake by giving him an extension, he should have gotten the hook by week 6.
The whole team suffered and now it's shredded because of that scenario.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Jets are going to stay with Sanchez for one or 2 more year with I hope that way QB, Johnny Manziel will be a JR, mosly like will leave collage to the NFL. By the 2015 drafts I hope Jets will have the 1st pick in the drafts with pick Jets take QB Johnny Manziel.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

"IrishJets1129"]Jets are going to stay with Sanchez for one or 2 more year with I hope that way QB, Johnny Manziel will be a JR, mosly like will leave collage to the NFL. By the 2015 drafts I hope Jets will have the 1st pick in the drafts with pick Jets take QB Johnny Manziel.

Sanchez is guaranteed $8.25 million. The Jets will cover that in one season. He's not staying for 2 more.
Let me get this straight, you want the Jets to get the number 1 pick overall in 2015?
Um....the team that gets the first pick overall has the worst record. I do hope you don't want the Jets to have the worst record in th NFL for the next two years?
I guess you mean the Jets should trade up to that pick? That's gotta be it!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 am

LRJets wrote:Aren't you tired of has beens and never was? Actually knowing Vick's propensity for injury due to his style, (as an aside, I fear RG III might have the same fate, a true runner, not a "run if you have to run" as most quarterbacks, also putting himself in the position of being a running back once out of the pocket) which as shown, leads to injury.
Getting back to my point, why is Foles second choice to Vick, after Vick's basically non-season last year?
I'd really like the Jets to get a true franchise quarterback as most teams.......

Yes, so why bemoan the fact that the Jets lost a chance at Jackson, a never-was? There's little point in wanting a true franchise QB this year. Sanchez is it, like it or not. However, nothing wrong with getting a potential one like Foles as a back-up. Having a guy like McElroy, who'll never be an NFL starter, as a back-up is dumb.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes, so why bemoan the fact that the Jets lost a chance at Jackson, a never-was? There's little point in wanting a true franchise QB this year. Sanchez is it, like it or not. However, nothing wrong with getting a potential one like Foles as a back-up. Having a guy like McElroy, who'll never be an NFL starter, as a back-up is dumb.

I didn't spend more than 10 seconds reading Jackson re-signed nor considered it an "aw sh** we lost him moment". The Jets had plenty of QBs like him.
I just read the Colts released Collie. The times I saw him play, mostly with PM, he looked gooood!
If Sanchez can have Holmes, Edwards and another play-maker, maybe Jets fans could look for a competitive season?
Every team starts 0-0 with hopes. We have to hope the first digit moves somewhat in 2013. If they did 6-10 with the circus of last season, no Holmes, no Revis, maybe we can win a few more above the 6
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:55 pm

LRJets wrote:The Jets lost the chance to sign FA to be Tarvaris Jackson who re-signed with the Bills. Big Deal!
Geno Smith? Who knows?
Ergo Jets are screwed.

I think the Jets will draft a pass rusher in the first round and only will be able to draft Geno if they trade for another 1st round pick.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:I think the Jets will draft a pass rusher in the first round and only will be able to draft Geno if they trade for another 1st round pick.

Agree. Geno Smith would probably cost the Jets their 1 and 3 this year and 1 next year.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:01 pm

I believe Mel Kiper said on Friday, the first 4-5 teams probably won't draft a QB. He has Barclay as #1, and Geno Smith #2.
He believes we will draft a DL. there's one guy , forgot his name than can play DL and maybe OL.
The Jets haven't used their #1 for an offensive player since Sanchez.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 pm

If the Jets are going to stay with Mark Sanchez then they will needs to drafts offense with the first 2 picks. OG, Chance Warmack will be the player Jets will need to draft with the 1st pick. Keep in mind that LG, Matt Slauson and RG,Brandon Moore are both F/A most likely Slauson will be back leaving Moore else where. Or Jets could take OLB, Jarvis Jones if he falls to the 9th pick but if Jones gone I'm hoping Jets take Warmack I much rather have Jones or Warmack over OLB, Barkevious Mingo or DE, Dion Jordan as well unless CB, Dee Milliner falls to the 9th pick. So Jets are NOT going to draft a QB, with the 1st pick I don't even seeing them taking one in the 2nd Rd's as well. I could see then taking one in the 3rd or 4th Rd or did the Jets lose that one for Tebow?
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:If the Jets are going to stay with Mark Sanchez then they will needs to drafts offense with the first 2 picks. OG, Chance Warmack will be the player Jets will need to draft with the 1st pick. Keep in mind that LG, Matt Slauson and RG,Brandon Moore are both F/A most likely Slauson will be back leaving Moore else where. Or Jets could take OLB, Jarvis Jones if he falls to the 9th pick but if Jones gone I'm hoping Jets take Warmack I much rather have Jones or Warmack over OLB, Barkevious Mingo or DE, Dion Jordan as well unless CB, Dee Milliner falls to the 9th pick. So Jets are NOT going to draft a QB, with the 1st pick I don't even seeing them taking one in the 2nd Rd's as well. I could see then taking one in the 3rd or 4th Rd or did the Jets lose that one for Tebow?

I agree about the Jets needing offense. However, when you have a #9 pick, you need to draft an impact player such as QB, RB or WR. We all know the Jets are not going to draft a QB and there is not enough talent at the RB and WR positions in this draft to warrant a pick this high. Warmack, as good as he may be, an OG is not a position that you draft this high unless you are solid at all other positions. The other option is for the Jets to move down and select Warmack with a low 1st round pick. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Last year, DeCastro was considered one of the best OG's to come out in the last ten years. The Steelers took him at #24 (and he spent most of the year on the DL.) The Jets did well to draft Wilkerson and Coples, but we know that the Jets can still use a pass rusher who can scare opposition offenses. This draft seems to be deep in guys who can get at the QB, so all things remaining equal, drafting a DE or OLB is not a bad option for the Jets.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm

There isn't any impact player at the positions at QB, RB, or WR, that worth taking so high in the drafts. You names me one or 2 players of each positions at QB, RB, and WR? that would be a good fix for the Jets with the 9th pick? Its never a bad idea to drafts a offensive of lineman with the 1st pick the Jets drafted two a few years ago taking the Brick and Mangold in the 1st Rd's that turn out pertty good both are pro-bowlers. Yes Jets need a passer in a big way the guy I like alot is OLB, Jarvis Jones not to crazy about OLB, Barkevious Mingo need to read more about him. But if both of these guys are gone I would want Chance Warmack and yes the Jets should trade down and hope they still can get Warmack. But I'm seeing that the Tennessee Titans could take Warmack with the 10th pick. To have a good QB, RB's and WR's & TE's you needs a very good offensive lines.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Geno Smith? Who knows?
Ergo Jets are screwed.

Travaris jackson......lmao! I would keep sanchez over that dill bobber. COME ON.........PLEASE!!!!!
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Travaris jackson......lmao! I would keep sanchez over that dill bobber. COME ON.........PLEASE!!!!!

In the spirit of assisting you and another poster with some reading comprehension, I mentioned the Jets lost the chance to sign Jackson, followed by, "big deal". Those two last words indicate sarcasm in the sentence.
Let's try again.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 pm

LRJets wrote:Tarvaris jackson......lmao! I would keep sanchez over that dill bobber. COME ON.........PLEASE!!!!!

In the spirit of assisting you and another poster with some reading comprehension, I mentioned the Jets lost the chance to sign Jackson, followed by, "big deal". Those two last words indicate sarcasm in the sentence.
Let's try again.

LOL. Why even put it out there? That's like ...saying......lets get 20 cents on a buck!!!! Makes no sense...
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Anyone who wants Jackson.....hes free....no draft picks...take over what ever payments . Vick included...free of charge.
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

And Vick...seattle didn't want any part of a dog killer. Don't blame them at all. We don't need a SB that bad......
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 am

"Toddseahawks"]And Vick...seattle didn't want any part of a dog killer. Don't blame them at all. We don't need a SB that bad......

Vick re-signed with the Eagles for an incentive-laden contract guaranteeing $4.5 million, with a chance to make $10 mill.
They are crazy on more than one front for doing that.
He'll play if lucky, his usual 9 games.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 am

You guys post like that Travaris Jackson was going to come to the Jets and win a Superbowl. Glad Jets didn't tired to him. Let just wait till March 12th and see what going to happens.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:41 am

[quote="IrishJets1129"]You guys post like that Travaris Jackson was going to come to the Jets and win a Superbowl. Glad Jets didn't tired to him. Let just wait till March 12th and see what going to happens.
Please cite who thought/wanted Jackson to come to the Jets. I'm curious. Perhaps I missed the post you're referring to. Thank you.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

LRJets wrote:Travaris jackson......lmao! I would keep sanchez over that dill bobber. COME ON.........PLEASE!!!!!

Let's try again.
Here you go I mentioned the jets lost the chance to sign Jackson.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Why you much keep talking about Jackson if you all didn't want him anyway? let move on. And the 49ers are not going to trades Alex Smith unless someone is Stupid enough to gives away a 1st Rd and another one for 2014 then some. I don't think anyone out there in F/A is worth getting right now. IF the Jets somehow manage to trade Tebow then I see then trying to get a low cap QB, from F/A or make a trade for Foles. Or they could take a QB, with the 2nd or 3rd rds with I think they are better off doing.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Why you much keep talking about Jackson if you all didn't want him anyway? let move on. And the 49ers are not going to trades Alex Smith unless someone is Stupid enough to gives away a 1st Rd and another one for 2014 then some. I don't think anyone out there in F/A is worth getting right now. IF the Jets somehow manage to trade Tebow then I see then trying to get a low cap QB, from F/A or make a trade for Foles. Or they could take a QB, with the 2nd or 3rd rds with I think they are better off doing.

Flacco is a Free Agent.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Flacco is a Free Agent. (DMounts)
Splendid! Spread the word to Wyckedheart, and you guys could drum up some props for Cleveland to try to get him.
Besides that, it was a good post!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next