Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program

4 posters

Go down

Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program Empty Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• By Dan Hanzus NFL.com
  • Published: March 4, 2012 at 05:12 p.m.
  • Updated: March 4, 2012 at 06:46 p.m.
  • By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

His unrivaled persecution complex on shimmering display, Steelers linebacker James Harrison wants you to know he's anxious to find out how the NFL will discipline the Saints and former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

The NFL [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] following a two-year investigation. Harrison -- often the target for league discipline involving late hits -- believes his career would be irreparably damaged were he caught up in such a scandal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]James Harrison

@jharrison9292

I'll just say this, if that was me I would have been kicked out of the NFL!!!

"I'll just say this" isn't what it used to be. Harrison continued:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]James Harrison

@jharrison9292

We'll see how concerned the NFL is about player safety when they decide what the punishment for the saints is..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Harrison isn't the only infamous defender sharing his opinion on the issue.

Lions defensive tackle [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- who has accumulated nine personal-foul penalties and one very high-profile suspension during his first two NFL seasons -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sunday that his teammates never have intentionally tried to hurt players.

"It's unfortunate to hear these things come out," said Suh, who served as the grand marshal at Sunday's NASCAR Subway Fresh Fit 500 Sprint Cup race. "Me personally, I don't take part in those things, and knowing my teammates and knowing my coaches, we wouldn't allow that.

"I understand it's a tough situation the commissioner has to deal with," Suh added. "As he has in the past, he's going to deal with it with a stiff hand. Hopefully, people can learn from the mistakes and make an example out of it."

Back to top Go down

Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program Empty Re: Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 pm

I've always heard that the guilty speak first.Wink

Back to top Go down

Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program Empty Re: Harrison, Suh sound off on Williams' 'bounty' program

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:42 am

Please tell me you do not actually read these idiots twitter comments regularly Die?

Next people will be using a bowel movement site to alert the world of how well they are evacuating...

Pretty much what twitter is now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 am

Tjeco wrote:Please tell me you do not actually read these idiots twitter comments regularly Die?

Next people will be using a bowel movement site to alert the world of how well they are evacuating...

Sounds gothfruitish...Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 am

Tjeco wrote:Please tell me you do not actually read these idiots twitter comments regularly Die?

So Mummy has a Twitter account now?? LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Tony Dungy stated the other night that the hit that started all these medical procedures on Manning came against the Redskins while Williams was the D coordinator ........They then showed the footage and it was indeed a cheap shot.......Peyton was being tackled by the legs and as he was going to the turf the DE came in late with a head shot that bent Mannings neck back and ripped his helmet off.....It was pretty blatant and the refs never threw a flag on the play.....Dungy said that was when the neck problems began.......

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm

The bounty hunting go's - way back to the Packers who pretty much invented it, even before Buddy Ryan implemented it on his teams.
Do any of you remember the last incident where the Packers tried taking out Adrian Peterson's knee? When the Vikings spoke out about it, even after the NFC Championship game where the Referee's wouldn't call roughing the passer, they were told to "shut up". Childress spoke his mind about it and even took a heavy fine and, Goodell reinvented a way to go after the Williams bro.'s, even after he was told in court to quit. Finally the Willaims didn't give a shit anymore so they took the suspension just to get Goodell off their backs.
In that NFC Championship game, the Vikings defeated the Saints in every single aspect of the game however they couldnt defeat the Referee's.
You can bet, almost anything, the Saints will "never" even win 6 games this next season.
IMO,...Goodell should take just as much blame for rigging the Vikes vs. Saints Championship game.
rodevos1
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Any player who went after bounties to injure players should be suspend for the year. For the amount of money and games that Harrison's hits have cost, he never had clear intent to injure. Bounties leave no question about intent, so the penalties need to be much harsher...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 pm

RLON39 wrote:Any player who went after bounties to injure players should be suspend for the year. For the amount of money and games that Harrison's hits have cost, he never had clear intent to injure. Bounties leave no question about intent, so the penalties need to be much harsher...

you dont know his "intent". My only question is did he get paid less because he wasnt taken out on a stretcher? What a Face I will agree if they have proof, the Saints are going to get blasted! and maybe Browns LB Scott Fujita gets hit too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

dnn3m wrote:
RLON39 wrote:Any player who went after bounties to injure players should be suspend for the year. For the amount of money and games that Harrison's hits have cost, he never had clear intent to injure. Bounties leave no question about intent, so the penalties need to be much harsher...

you dont know his "intent". My only question is did he get paid less because he wasnt taken out on a stretcher? What a Face I will agree if they have proof, the Saints are going to get blasted! and maybe Browns LB Scott Fujita gets hit too

There's no difference in the hits that the Saints dish out than any other team, including my own and the Steelers. There are probably a lot of other teams that encourage that sort of thing.

Let's face it, the real reason that the NFL is giving serious lip service to this now is because of the lawyers. The NFL's top priority is the same now as it has always been, to protect their own asses and keep the cash flowing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:14 pm

I don't follow twitter at all. I just posted an article that happened to have Harrision's tweets. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down