Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers in a must

2 posters

Go down

Steelers in a must Empty Steelers in a must

Post by leejr Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If Pittsburgh Steelers Lose in Week 15, They Can Kiss Playoffs Goodbye

2 mins ago by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]0[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]0[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]0[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

This coming game for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can be looked upon as a do-or-die game. The Steelers will [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to Texas to face the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sunday, and try to keep their dwindling postseason hopes alive.

Yesterday, the division rival [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] struck a mighty blow to Pittsburgh by beating the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], putting major pressure on the Steelers to win this week just to keep a grasp of the final wildcard playoff spot.

Pittsburgh is currently in a slump, losing three of their last four games. This definitely works against them considering the fact that their next two opponents are on the other end of the spectrum. The Cowboys has won four of their last five games. Cincinnati, Pittsburgh’s Week 16 opponent, has won five of their last six games.

I mentioned before that the last quarter of the regular season could be look upon as the playoffs for the Steelers. My opinion of this is even stronger than before. If Pittsburgh loses this game in Dallas, they could kiss their season goodbye. With a loss this week, the Bengals will bump the Steelers out of the last seed in the AFC playoffs, and will take that momentum into Pittsburgh to face the Steelers in Week 16.

The fact that the Steelers are still in the playoff hunt with everything that they have gone through the season says a lot about the character of this team. Although their backs are against the wall, Pittsburgh can make a dramatic turn for the better with a victory over the Cowboys. If they win, they can still keep a hold of the final playoff spot in the AFC, and can have a better chance of still winning the division with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] loss this week.

However, none of that will matter if the Steelers don’t take care of business in Dallas this week. No win, no playoffs. It’s just that simple.

Follow me on Twitter @ClydeASpeller
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Steelers in a must Empty Re: Steelers in a must

Post by RLON39 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 pm

This game means nothing. They can lose it and if they win their last two homes games, they go to the playoffs. They have tie break advantages against the Jets and the Bengals if they win their final two games. If they win out, they can win the division, as Baltimore is worse than the Steelers and may just lose out. Neither is Super Bowl material right now, the Ravens because of presonnel and the Steelers because of coaching.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 pm

RLON39 wrote:This game means nothing. They can lose it and if they win their last two homes games, they go to the playoffs. They have tie break advantages against the Jets and the Bengals if they win their final two games. If they win out, they can win the division, as Baltimore is worse than the Steelers and may just lose out. Neither is Super Bowl material right now, the Ravens because of presonnel and the Steelers because of coaching.

Saying that the Steelers are not Super Bowl material is what I consider a misnomer. The injuries on this team have been staggering. What player on this team has played the whole season without sitting out at least one game? I don't know the answer but there are many who have been injured. Right now, we're going into this game with both of our starting corners not playing. It's no wonder San Diego was able to put up so many points on us. So I think that if we can win enough games to get into the postseason and get some key players back in time for the playoffs, then we'll be a very dangerous team.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 pm

If,that word carries a lot of volume. The same as you said the Ravens can lose out,so can the Steelers. These last 3 won't be a gimmie. The Steelers will have to come and play in all 3 games
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:05 pm

leejr wrote:If,that word carries a lot of volume. The same as you said the Ravens can lose out,so can the Steelers. These last 3 won't be a gimmie. The Steelers will have to come and play in all 3 games

It's going to have to take a dominating effort by our offense. I'm not expecting much from our defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 am

I expect our defense to bring desperate pressure in this one.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down