Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go?

Go down

Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go? Empty Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 pm

By
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](Contributor) on December 22, 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mike Tomlin Looking Down When He Should Be in Control

Is it time for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to let [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] go? I can’t help but to think that it may be an option that is left on the proverbial owner’s table. As the season draws to a close, I am once again underwhelmed by a team with such great talent. Many will say, with good reason, that Steeler fans expect too much and they are correct. However, when I look at what the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have been able to do with lesser talent in key areas, I can’t help but to think that the responsibility rests on the shoulders of Coach Tomlin.

When I was in the military as a young officer, I was taught that the unit’s morale started and ended at the top. The top takes the credit for both victory and defeat. Mike Tomlin talks a good game about the ‘standard being the standard’, but has not quite delivered on the standard lately. Under his command, the Steelers seem unmotivated, absent minded and lacking attention to detail.

It’s more than obvious that he has lost control of the Steelers with Mendenhall’s disregard for showing up to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] game; a game the Steelers should have never lost. Mike Tomlin may have won a Super Bowl---in which he almost lost as wellBut, he did lose one to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which saw an unmotivated, undisciplined Steelers team take on a much more intense Packers team.

Am I spoiled to expect the best from the Steelers? Of course I am! But, they set the standard for high expectations back in the 70’s. Sure, they dropped off in the 80’s and that is why Chuck Noll had to go. Bill Cowher had his down years. But, neither teams had good quarterbacks, and this one does. Therefore, I state that there is no excuse when you have a top [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quarterback and defense to finish lower than 10-6.

Mike Tomlin, it’s time to go. Not because you’re not winning, but because your teams don’t seem like they want to play and that is your fault.

Back to top Go down

Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go? Empty Re: Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go?

Post by DaBurgh Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm

WOW! I'm surprised anyone is actually bringing this up. This is exactly what people have been saying: they look unprepared, too many mental lapses.
BUT, the Steelers are 62-32 under Tomlin. Cowher had a few bad stretches during his tenure. I'm not so sure that the Rooney's are going to look at his record and say he's gotta go. I think after next year if we have a repeat of this nonsense and we fail to make the playoffs, then they can't ignore it any longer.

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:

By
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](Contributor) on December 22, 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mike Tomlin Looking Down When He Should Be in Control

Is it time for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to let [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] go? I can’t help but to think that it may be an option that is left on the proverbial owner’s table. As the season draws to a close, I am once again underwhelmed by a team with such great talent. Many will say, with good reason, that Steeler fans expect too much and they are correct. However, when I look at what the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have been able to do with lesser talent in key areas, I can’t help but to think that the responsibility rests on the shoulders of Coach Tomlin.

When I was in the military as a young officer, I was taught that the unit’s morale started and ended at the top. The top takes the credit for both victory and defeat. Mike Tomlin talks a good game about the ‘standard being the standard’, but has not quite delivered on the standard lately. Under his command, the Steelers seem unmotivated, absent minded and lacking attention to detail.

It’s more than obvious that he has lost control of the Steelers with Mendenhall’s disregard for showing up to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] game; a game the Steelers should have never lost. Mike Tomlin may have won a Super Bowl---in which he almost lost as wellBut, he did lose one to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which saw an unmotivated, undisciplined Steelers team take on a much more intense Packers team.

Am I spoiled to expect the best from the Steelers? Of course I am! But, they set the standard for high expectations back in the 70’s. Sure, they dropped off in the 80’s and that is why Chuck Noll had to go. Bill Cowher had his down years. But, neither teams had good quarterbacks, and this one does. Therefore, I state that there is no excuse when you have a top [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quarterback and defense to finish lower than 10-6.

Mike Tomlin, it’s time to go. Not because you’re not winning, but because your teams don’t seem like they want to play and that is your fault.
DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go? Empty Re: Is It Time for the Steelers to Let Mike Tomlin Go?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:04 pm

He just signed a big contract, it anit like they can just cut ties with him. The Rooneys will not get rid of him until his contract is over, no matter what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down