Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers plan to tender Wallace

2 posters

Go down

Steelers plan to tender  Wallace  Empty Steelers plan to tender Wallace

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:38 am

from sporting News:
The Pittsburgh Steelers plan to tender restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace rather than use the more costly franchise tag on him, according to an ESPN report.

With the tender, the Steelers would have a measure of protection in their effort to keep Wallace, one of the league’s top deep threats. If another team signed Wallace to an offer sheet, the Steelers would receive a first-round pick if they decide not to match it. If the Steelers did match it, they could have a salary-cap problem that would force them to clear more space.

According to the ESPN report, the highest qualifying tender on Wallace would count $2.75 million toward the cap, which almost matches the amount the Steelers are currently under the cap. To get below the cap, the team cleared space by restructuring several contracts and releasing Hines Ward.

The Pittsburgh Steelers plan to tender restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace rather than use the more costly franchise tag on him, according to an ESPN report. (AP Photo)

Still, the Steelers currently don’t have the cap space to put the franchise tag (at a cost of $9.4 million) on Wallace.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Steelers plan to tender  Wallace  Empty Re: Steelers plan to tender Wallace

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:41 am

THIS IS OLD NEWS ... WE ALREADY KNEW THIS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 am

Wallace would be a perfect fit on the Patriots, and this is the only way they could wrestle him away from the Steelers. They have two first round picks, 27 and 31, and since the Pats pick is the 31st it would be well worth it to get a speedy guy like Wallace on the outside.

Back to top Go down

Steelers plan to tender  Wallace  Empty WALLACE

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:15 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:from sporting News:
The Pittsburgh Steelers plan to tender restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace rather than use the more costly franchise tag on him, according to an ESPN report.

With the tender, the Steelers would have a measure of protection in their effort to keep Wallace, one of the league’s top deep threats. If another team signed Wallace to an offer sheet, the Steelers would receive a first-round pick if they decide not to match it. If the Steelers did match it, they could have a salary-cap problem that would force them to clear more space.

According to the ESPN report, the highest qualifying tender on Wallace would count $2.75 million toward the cap, which almost matches the amount the Steelers are currently under the cap. To get below the cap, the team cleared space by restructuring several contracts and releasing Hines Ward.

The Pittsburgh Steelers plan to tender restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace rather than use the more costly franchise tag on him, according to an ESPN report. (AP Photo)

Still, the Steelers currently don’t have the cap space to put the franchise tag (at a cost of $9.4 million) on Wallace.

[/size" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/quote] Someone needs to make up their mind because I read yesterday where they werent going to franchise him, at least thats what I think you are talking about, if I can find the article I will post in.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Steelers plan to tender  Wallace  Empty WALLACE

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:19 pm

PatsRBest wrote:Wallace would be a perfect fit on the Patriots, and this is the only way they could wrestle him away from the Steelers. They have two first round picks, 27 and 31, and since the Pats pick is the 31st it would be well worth it to get a speedy guy like Wallace on the outside.
I'm not 100% on this but I think the NFL would make the Pats give up more then just the 31st pick for Wallace, because if the Browns were to go after him and get him they would have to give up their #4 over pick in the draft, even though they have the 22 nd pick as well the rule stats they must give up their pick and not the pick they got in a trade from another team.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 pm

I guess the best way to "Tender" a Wallace is to marinade him first...... cheers jocolor
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Steelers plan to tender  Wallace  Empty TENDER ON WALLACE

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:from sporting News:

[/size" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/quote] Ok, my fault, I misunderstood you post and actually didnt even see your link, I found the article I posted about but I was thinking Franchise tag not tender/contract, so nevermind Rolling Eyes silent
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:41 pm

The Pats would only have to use the 31st pick to get him, because it's their actually pick. The Browns would have to use their 4th round pick because its their actually pick. I've been hearing that the Pats are very interested in going after wallace.

Back to top Go down

Steelers plan to tender  Wallace  Empty PATS AND WALLACE

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Dmounts wrote:The Pats would only have to use the 31st pick to get him, because it's their actually pick. The Browns would have to use their 4th round pick because its their actually pick. I've been hearing that the Pats are very interested in going after wallace.
Well if thats all they would have to give up then why the hell not, I would to for a draft pick liker that, that being the case I think the NFL needs to tweek that rule, I mean if the Browns would have to give up a 4 and the Pats the 31st, something isnt right there, but it is what it is for now so like I said, I would go hard after him as well having to give up a draft pick like that.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down