Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally the offense closed out a game

3 posters

Go down

Finally the offense closed out a game Empty Finally the offense closed out a game

Post by guppy Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 am

Finally, in Miami, the offense closed out a game in the fourth quarter with a decisive scoring drive that took up over seven minutes, forced Miami to use all three of its time outs, and put the Pats up by two scores. This is what they failed to do at the beginning of the year. We are definitely going to need more of the same in December and January.

Cause for concern: Gostkowski is having a bad year. He's going to have to fix whatever it is that is making him miss. If it doesn't, it WILL hust us at some point.

Congrats to Tom Terrific, passing Joe Montana to become first QB in NFL history to win 10 division titles.

Get well soon Gronk. You're needed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Finally the offense closed out a game Empty Re: Finally the offense closed out a game

Post by guppy Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 am

hurt, not hust. Sorry for the typo.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Finally the offense closed out a game Empty Re: Finally the offense closed out a game

Post by George1963 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 am

guppy wrote:hurt, not hust. Sorry for the typo.

Thanks. I was confused, and Gostkowski been pretty inconsistent since they got him, hasn't he?

Hust

Genital sweat, usually having an intense odor. Caused by prolonged physical activity or poor hygiene.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 am

[quote="George1963"]
guppy wrote:hurt, not hust. Sorry for the typo.

Thanks. I was confused, and Gostkowski been pretty inconsistent since they got him, hasn't he?

Hust

Genital sweat, usually having an intense odor. Caused by prolonged physical activity or poor hygiene.

Genital sweat producing an intense odor? E[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You learn something everyday around here. When the Pats are in a close game late, I admit I have "sweated my balls off". But I dont' think I produced any hust. lol.

Gostkowski? Without looking it up, I think he has already missed as many FGs this year, as he did all last year. I'm sure he can fix whatever it is... like a golfer, just needing to tweak his swing a bit. If I were coaching him, I would tell him, "Steve, not too hard, just smooth it up there. Let the leg do the work."
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Congrats to Tom Terrific, passing Joe Montana to become first QB in NFL history to win 10 division titles.

Gup, as great as Brady is, have to take one exception speaking of "one" There is only one Tom Terrific, last name is Seaver.

Just like there is only one LT....not the former Charger who had some coffee with the Jets.Evil or Very Mad
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

LRJets wrote:Congrats to Tom Terrific, passing Joe Montana to become first QB in NFL history to win 10 division titles.

Gup, as great as Brady is, have to take one exception speaking of "one" There is only one Tom Terrific, last name is Seaver.

Just like there is only one LT....not the former Charger who had some coffee with the Jets.Evil or Very Mad

Well, LR, its a fair point, from a NY perspective that is. Seaver pitched for 4 different teams over his 20 year career. Owns one championship ring (69). Was Rookie of the Year in 67. Three time NL Cy Young winner. In the Hall of Fame. His number is retired by the Mets. He played his last MLB game on September 19, 1986 as a Boston Red Sox. Brady won't do 20 years, but football players can't stay in the sport as long as baseball players. Brady has more championships. He has 2 MVPs (compared to 3 Cy Youngs). He will also go in his sport's Hall of Fame. The Pats will retire his number.

Since not only is Brady from a different sport, he is from a different generation, and therefore, I think its acceptable for him to also have the "Tom Terrific" moniker. After all, back in the day, there were two great "Reds" from the same era in the same sport, both running the respective professional basketball operations in Boston and New York. It seemed OK back then that they both carried the nickname "Red". Can you picture it, Holtzman calls up Auerbach on the phone: "Hello, Red? This is Red".
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:21 pm

LR, you got me thinking about nicknames, and I never thought twice about it before, but back in the 80's the faithful at Boston Garden would chant the nickname C-H-I-E-F when he scored. But to whom do I refer? There were actually two "Chiefs" playing in the same building, but different sports. Robert Parish in basketball, one of the original "Big Three", and the longtime Captain of the Bruins, Johnny Bucyk.

BTW, my favorite nickname, probably of all time, was the Pistons Vinny "Microwave" Johnson. He could get hot in a hurry. lol. When I was playing pick up basketball in the gym, I wanted my buddies to call me "Windex"......Why?...... Because I cleaned the glass. LOL.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down