Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN No tag for Wallace

Go down

ESPN No tag for Wallace Empty ESPN No tag for Wallace

Post by leejr Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 am

<DIV class="mod-container mod-jump-menu span-6">
<UL>
<UL>
<LI>

Updated: March 1, 2012, 9:14 AM ET

<H1 class=h2>Source: No tag for Mike Wallace</H1>

By Adam Schefter
ESPN
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] plan to tender, not franchise, restricted free agent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], according to a source close to the wide receiver.

<p>

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
<H4>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

#17 WR
Pittsburgh Steelers

2011 STATS

• Rec72
  • Yds1193
  • TD8
  • Avg16.6
  • Long95
  • YAC493

This means another team could try to sign Wallace to an offer sheet that the Steelers would have the right to match -- or get a first-round pick in return.

The highest qualifying offer for Wallace is about $2.75 million, nearly matching the amount that Pittsburgh is now under the salary cap. To franchise Wallace would cost Pittsburgh $9.5 million, which it currently does not have the salary-cap space to absorb.

At the scouting combine last week, Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert sounded determined to keep Wallace.

"Having a great player like Mike Wallace is not a dilemma," Colbert said. "We're going to do everything we can to make sure that Mike Wallace remains a Pittsburgh Steeler and I think that's Mike's belief as well. Usually when you have two parties that share the same goal, it's easier to achieve that goal."

Wallace, however, acknowledged last week that he might not be playing for Pittsburgh this season.

"(Pittsburgh is) where I would like to be, but we all know that it is a business and you have certain things you have to handle," Wallace told SiriusXM NFL Radio. "So if I have to go elsewhere, you know Pittsburgh will always be in my heart, but I have to do what I have to do."

<p>Wallace had 1,193 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 2011 and was selected to his first Pro Bowl. The 25-year old has led the Steelers in receiving touchdowns the past two seasons after tying for the team lead in his rookie season.

The Steelers drafted Wallace in the third round (84th overall) in 2009 out of Mississippi.

</H4>
<UL class=bulletlinks>
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ESPN No tag for Wallace Empty Re: ESPN No tag for Wallace

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:30 am

WALLACE WASN'T USED CORRECTLY BY BRUCE ARIANS ... WITH HIS SPEED HE SHOULD'VE BEEN THROWN TO ON THE DEEP GO ROUTE SEVERAL TIMES PER QUARTER .... PER QUARTER !!!

AND THATS ONLY ON THE DEEP "GO ROUTE"

YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SUPERSTARS YOU WANT, BUT IF THE COACH CALLING THE PLAYS IS AN IDIOT ..THOSE SUPERSTARS ARE USELESS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm

HOPEFULLY WE RETAIN WALLACE... BUT IF NOT , THE PASS HAPPY THING WASN'T WORKING ANYWAY ... HE'S REPLACEABLE .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down