Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN apologizes to the Patriots

2 posters

Go down

ESPN apologizes to the Patriots Empty ESPN apologizes to the Patriots

Post by guppy Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 pm

ESPN has reported so many lies about the Pats I'm not sure which ones they are even apologizing for?  Was it Bill Polian constantly saying the Pats were caught taping the Rams practice even though that never happened?  Was it the Chris Mortensen’s totally erroneous report about PSI’s?  Was it Kelly Naqi’s false report about the Pats trying to sneak unapproved kicking balls into the game?  Well anyway, thanks for your 17 second apology in the dead of night when everybody was asleep. 

Jeezus.  It is still absolutely mind boggling to me that the Boston Herald retracted the "Rams walkthrough" LIE and apologized for it in 2008,......but yet there still exit morons actually holding jobs on a national sports network that to this day remain completely clueless to that fact.  Unreal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ESPN apologizes to the Patriots Empty Re: ESPN apologizes to the Patriots

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Was it the Chris Mortensen’s totally erroneous report about PSI’s?

Yea. The NFL should have instanty refuted that. Just as they should have shot down Ian Rappaports equally erroneous report a few days later.
Because when you're just starting an investigation your main focus should be what the press is saying about it.

I'm still curious as to why you only bring up the false report that made the patriots look bad though.
(I'm not really curious. I know why.)

Was it Kelly Naqi’s false report about the Pats trying to sneak unapproved kicking balls into the game?

I've asked you this before, but without using your well known mind reading abilities to to assign intent to Naqi, point out what's false in this report.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You always insist on video. Evidently, it exists.

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, here’s what happened.  After the opening kickoff, a league employee named Scott Miller called for the football that was used.  It was the football marked “K1” by the game officials before the commencement of the contest.  According to the source, video shows Miller getting the football.
It’s not unusual for footballs to be removed from play for later sale in support of charitable endeavors.  Typically, however, the teams are informed of the fact that footballs will be removed — especially when the “K” balls will be taken out of service.  If the team is told that a “K” ball will be removed, the equipment staff prepares multiple “K” balls for use in the game during the limited time teams have to get the new, out-of-the-box footballs ready for use.
In this specific case, the Patriots weren’t told that the ball marked K1 would be removed from play.  After the Patriots scored the first touchdown of the game, the Patriots noticed on the extra-point attempt that the ball had not been prepped the same way that K1 had been prepped.  So the Patriots raised the issue with the game officials, and the process commenced of trying to track down the K1 ball.
In-stadium video, according to the source, shows Miller later bringing the ball back toward the playing area.  In-stadium video also shows Patriots part-time, game-day employee Jim McNally giving a football to the game officials.  Video does not exist of Miller giving the football he had taken to McNally, but it’s possible to infer that Miller gave the same football to McNally that McNally then tried to give to the game officials.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:42 pm

George1963 wrote:

I've asked you this before, but without using your well known mind reading abilities to to assign intent to Naqi, point out what's false in this report.

Good grief, this again?  You act as if you don't understand the English language.  Don't you know by now that I don't fall for your pretense.

From Naqi's article:

In the first half of the AFC Championship Game, the sources said, McNally tried to give the unapproved football to an alternate official who was in charge of the special-teams footballs.

Jeezus.  If you don't think the plain, common, everyday English meaning of Naqi's words are that she is obviously and without any question, assigning wrongful intent and rule breaking to McNally, (tried to sneak an unapproved ball into the game) then I simply can't help you.  You have no interest or desire in being reasonable or using common sense.  Naqi lied.  Just like Mort.  Just like Hannah Storm.  Then the gutless ESPN "apologizes" in the middle of the night.  Woop Dee Doo.  Thanks for nothing ESPN.  Meanwhile, brain dead and low I.Q. haters continue to ignore the retractions, corrections, clarifications, and apologies, and cite to those lies, using them as "facts" for their pathetic screeches of "cheaters".  The ignominious stupidity of these sheep has no limits.  Middle finger to all of them.   

In any event, further discussion of this matter here accomplishes nothing.  Your slanted view is already well established.  You lost all credibility with me a long ago when you decided to pick and choose which part of the Wells Report* you gleefully swallowed whole hog (Brady 'generally aware' of something, and although unspoken, we'll just "assume" (as per NFL attorney Nash's argument - "assume") that whatever amorphous "knowledge" Brady was supposedly "generally aware" of did actually refer specifically to the Jan 18 game, even though the Report* fails to so state that (the judge totally exposed this fundamental flaw in the Report*); and which part of the Report* you outright REJECTED based on your agenda (No Patriot coaching staff knowledge or involvement whatsoever of ball psi) when you declared with such confidence - but without factual support - "I'm sure Belichick knew."  Hey, if you're "sure" Belichick knew, then you should call the NFL and clue them into the unique knowledge you possess which they obviously don't.  Maybe once they get your insightful information, they can then move to impose some blame followed by over-the-top discipline on Belichick.  That's what you want, isn't it?  You're such a big Goodell fan, I say help him out if you can.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Jeezus.  If you don't think the plain, common, everyday English meaning of Naqi's words are that she is obviously and without any question, assigning wrongful intent and rule breaking to McNally, (tried to sneak an unapproved ball into the game) then I simply can't help you.

You'll have to. I never saw the word "sneak" in her article.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:09 pm

pick and choose

This coming from you, in response to a post you ignored 90% of, is beyond funny.

What about Rappaports story Guppy? Why aren't you (and Bob Kraft) outraged that the NFL didn't immediatley set the record straight on THAT bullshit?

Oh yea! You're a hypocrite!
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 pm

In the first half of the AFC Championship Game, the sources said, McNally tried to give the unapproved football to an alternate official who was in charge of the special-teams footballs.

That is a statement of fact.
He did.
Nobody has disputed this.
THERE'S FUCKING VIDEO!!!
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:57 pm

You're such a big Goodell fan, I say help him out if you can.

I think Goodell's a dimwit. I also KNOW that Bob Kraft is the one who put him where he is and gave him the power that he has.
Because he thought he could control him and thus, the league.
Sucks to be wrong.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Naqi lied.

How? McNally gave the........oh what's the fucking point?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Good grief, this again?  You act as if you don't understand the English language.  Don't you know by now that I don't fall for your pretense.

From Naqi's article:

Jeezus.  If you don't think the plain, common, everyday English meaning of Naqi's words are that she is obviously and without any question, assigning wrongful intent and rule breaking to McNally, (tried to sneak an unapproved ball into the game) then I simply can't help you. 

You'll have to. Help the less intelligent. How does she obviously and without any question, assign wrongful intent by stating what happened? IT DID HAPPEN!!
And, THE PATRIOTS DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!
She never said they did.
Just another thing for the Patriots half witted slavish defenders ( Yea, I mean you) to glom on to to try to deflect attention from the fact that their binkys think the rules only apply to the lesser beings.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Guppy tried to give the fake ten dollar bill to the clerk

might look suggestive. If you're a friggin idiot. Or too lazy to read a paragraph further

Sources said they are not sure at what point on the highway Guppy tried to introduce the impermissible currency to the tolltaker. They didn't know his motivation for doing so, either.

Lazy or idiot. On the fence with you here pal.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:08 pm

George1963 wrote:In the first half of the AFC Championship Game, the sources said, McNally tried to give the unapproved football to an alternate official who was in charge of the special-teams footballs.

That is a statement of fact.
He did.
Nobody has disputed this.
THERE'S FUCKING VIDEO!!!

The FUCKING VIDEO showed only his body movements (handing a ball off).  Naqi's article on the other hand went far further.  She assigned intent and motivation to his bodily movements that was untrue.  In other words, since she had no factual basis to assign such intent to him, she LIED. 
Everyone, including her own colleague Adam Shefter disputed the basic premise of her article.  McNally didn't "try" ("try": definition: to attempt) to do anything with wrongful intent as the article obviously implied to everyone in the world who read it, except you.  That's exactly why the story created a such firestorm you dunce.  If she merely reported that he was a non-thinking functionary - just a helper - who was handing the ball off that was given to him, it is no story.  Obviously.  The only reason it was a "story" was because it was being touted by Naqi as "breaking news" that she was the first journalist to report "another" attempt to violate a rule. 
Which the world now knows it was no such thing.  Thus her FALSE report required, and in fact was, corrected by her own colleague.

You are not stupid.  What you are is intentionally deceiving.
Not carelessly deceiving. 
Purposely and intentionally deceiving.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:32 pm

George1963 wrote:Guppy tried to give the fake ten dollar bill to the clerk

might look suggestive.

LMAO.  "Might look suggestive"?   "Suggestive"?   "Suggestive" of what exactly?  Lets try "suggestive of criminal intent".  That work?  

But first, lets put Guppy's actions that you are reporting about in proper context.  Because your analogy leaves out necessary and indispensible background. 

Guppy is currently being investigated for possibly printing his own counterfeit ten dollar bills.

Now, in addition to the ongoing investigation into criminal counterfeiting, we are now also suggesting the additional possibility that he tried to give a fake ten dollar bill to the clerk - a possible new crime in addition to the one he is already being investigated for.

In the context of Guppy being under a cloud of suspicion of printing fake ten dollar bills, the world clearly knows that you are now implying an additional crime that Guppy may be guilty of regarding his actions with the clerk.  This is breaking news that Guppy is not only being suspected of one crime, he is actually being suspected of two.  Which really makes him look a lot worse.

Problem is, the report that he tried to pass a fake ten dollar bill to the clerk (a crime) is actually not true.

You need to present a proper analogy so that it is an accurate, apples-to-apples comparison.   Not the half analogy that you presented.

Last edited by guppy on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:38 pm

George1963 wrote:Guppy tried to give the fake ten dollar bill to the clerk

might look suggestive. If you're a friggin idiot.

I guess the world is full of idiots then.  Because the whole world got her meaning.  Again, that's exactly the reason her article created a firestorm. If she's not suggesting rule breaking, there is no "story".
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:58 pm

George1963 wrote:
Sucks to be wrong.

Sure does.  lol!
guppy
guppy