Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchild Management 101

4 posters

Go down

Manchild Management 101 Empty Manchild Management 101

Post by JnC4GB Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 am

Well HD, maybe McCarthy isn't managing Finley properly as you say, but there's no denying #12 is workin' it like a mutha here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Manchild Management 101 Empty Re: Manchild Management 101

Post by duck Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am

Yup, Rodgers is working it. However, I think he also legitimately appreciates Finley's potential. How could he not? He's out there game after game, practice after practice, throwing the ball to him.

I wonder if Rodgers' parting comment could be prophetic: "I think he’s going to be important to us as we make this stretch run."

Personally, I think Finley working the middle on short stick routes is exactly what our offense should be doing right now and I'd love to see Rodgers back up his words with multiple targeted passes to Finley every game.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 pm

[quote="JnC4GB"]Well HD, maybe McCarthy isn't managing Finley properly as you say, but there's no denying #12 is workin' it like a mutha here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/quote]

Yeah-- He just needs to be coddled a little bit... As I've said--Finley isn't a bad person or a divisive locker room presence--he's just a little more needy and high-maintenance than ideal. Players like Finley don't play for themselves--they play for you...and you therefore have to give him what he needs to play for. The guy's heart is in the right place--the Shrekker just needs to clue in... Thankfully Rodgers has apparently figured it out... You give a player with that level of talent what they need--and they have the ability to blow the doors off... Wink

Last edited by _HD_ on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 pm

duck wrote:Yup, Rodgers is working it. However, I think he also legitimately appreciates Finley's potential. How could he not? He's out there game after game, practice after practice, throwing the ball to him.

I wonder if Rodgers' parting comment could be prophetic: "I think he’s going to be important to us as we make this stretch run."

Personally, I think Finley working the middle on short stick routes is exactly what our offense should be doing right now and I'd love to see Rodgers back up his words with multiple targeted passes to Finley every game.

Exactly. You want to drive the other side from the cover 2 that's killing your play-caller? Just complete a couple of passes to Finley in the middle and they'll get out of it...

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Watching the Falcons vs Saints the other night.......hearing all about Tony Gonzalez all-time reception stats......sickening......just effen sickening.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Green Bay – Meet the boring, bland Jermichael Finley.

After the Packers disposed of the Minnesota Vikings, 23-14 Sunday at Lambeau, and the celebrating, enigmatic star tight end grabbed 6 catches for 60 yards, he was clearly on a mission.

To not say anything.

Nearly every question in the post-game locker room earned this response:

“It's a credit to Aaron Rodgers and the offense, and I’m just glad to be a part of it.”

Or,

“We’ve got a great player like Aaron Rodgers and I’m just happy to be a part of it.”

Or,

“We played a great game today … a somewhat great game … and we just have to keep it going.”

The tweeting and normally talkative Finley is, apparently, content to let his game, and the Packers' victory, do all the talking. But he would compliment receiver James Jones on that acrobatic 50-50 ball in the end zone which Jones hauled down for a 32-yard touchdown and the early 7-0 lead.

“Oh that was sweet. James has made a ton of great plays this year and he’s having one of those great breakout seasons,” said Finley. He added that Jones shows that ability when he plays pickup basketball as well.

“I’ve seen him jumping up and dunking, grabbing balls over people.”

As for getting the running game going (152 yards today), or the Packers aquiring 435 net yards on offense, Finley was back in to cliché mode:

“It was a great day for everybody. I was just glad to be a part of it.”

See? Looks like Shrek has finally taken him aside and talked to him... All Finley needs is direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 am

_HD_ wrote:Green Bay – Meet the boring, bland Jermichael Finley.

After the Packers disposed of the Minnesota Vikings, 23-14 Sunday at Lambeau, and the celebrating, enigmatic star tight end grabbed 6 catches for 60 yards, he was clearly on a mission.

To not say anything.

“It's a credit to Aaron Rodgers and the offense, and I’m just glad to be a part of it.”

Or,

“We’ve got a great player like Aaron Rodgers and I’m just happy to be a part of it.”

Or,

“We played a great game today … a somewhat great game … and we just have to keep it going.”

The tweeting and normally talkative Finley is, apparently, content to let his game, and the Packers' victory, do all the talking. But he would compliment receiver James Jones on that acrobatic 50-50 ball in the end zone which Jones hauled down for a 32-yard touchdown and the early 7-0 lead.

“Oh that was sweet. James has made a ton of great plays this year and he’s having one of those great breakout seasons,” said Finley. He added that Jones shows that ability when he plays pickup basketball as well.

As for getting the running game going (152 yards today), or the Packers aquiring 435 net yards on offense, Finley was back in to cliché mode:

See? Looks like Shrek has finally taken him aside and talked to him... All Finley needs is direction.

I'm willing to see if this becomes a new trend.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am

To not say anything.

Or,

Or,

It does appear that a switch has been flipped. Finley has had three solid games in a row and perhaps Rodgers' remark that Finley will be a major contributor down the stretch will be prophetic.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:42 pm

duck wrote:

To not say anything.

Or,

Or,

It does appear that a switch has been flipped. Finley has had three solid games in a row and perhaps Rodgers' remark that Finley will be a major contributor down the stretch will be prophetic.

All Finley was doing was crying out for direction that he wasn't receiving. As I said--his sudden performance decline coupled with the nature of his public twitter comments, etc...was reflective of a conflicted individual who merely required the astutiveness of a leader who understood the need to re-set his direction and restore the harmony in his conflicted, simple mind...

Like I've often said--the Shrekker is slow, no doubt...but he does often prove to eventually get it... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down