Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Rex Just plain stupid?

5 posters

Go down

Is Rex Just plain stupid? Empty Is Rex Just plain stupid?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Check out his statement.

The New York Jets will release quarterback Brady Quinn on Saturday, Rich Cmini of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reports citing a league source. The plan is to re-sign him Monday.

The Jets didn't plan to activate Quinn for the season opener Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so they will cut him before 4 p.m. ET Saturday -- the deadline when veterans' salaries become guaranteed.

With Mark Sanchez sidelined with a shoulder injury, the Jets signed Quinn on Monday to a one-year, $715,000 contract. He's veteran insurance until Sanchez heals because neither of the Jets' other two quarterbacks, rookie Geno Smith and Matt Simms, has played a single snap in an NFL game.

On Friday, Rex Ryan indicated he was leaning toward dressing only two quarterbacks, starting Smith and using Simms as the No. 2. The playbook is new to Quinn, who has had only four practices with the Jets. But at least he has game experience as a six-year veteran. The Jets are taking a chance.

Ryan said he doesn't like to dress three quarterbacks because "if you're (planning) on playing your third quarterback, you're probably not going to win. That's generally the reason. … That's why, unless you have an injury going in, normally you don't dress three."

Back to top Go down

Is Rex Just plain stupid? Empty Re: Is Rex Just plain stupid?

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Dmounts wrote:Check out his statement.

The New York Jets will release quarterback Brady Quinn on Saturday, Rich Cmini of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reports citing a league source. The plan is to re-sign him Monday.

The Jets didn't plan to activate Quinn for the season opener Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so they will cut him before 4 p.m. ET Saturday -- the deadline when veterans' salaries become guaranteed.

With Mark Sanchez sidelined with a shoulder injury, the Jets signed Quinn on Monday to a one-year, $715,000 contract. He's veteran insurance until Sanchez heals because neither of the Jets' other two quarterbacks, rookie Geno Smith and Matt Simms, has played a single snap in an NFL game.

On Friday, Rex Ryan indicated he was leaning toward dressing only two quarterbacks, starting Smith and using Simms as the No. 2. The playbook is new to Quinn, who has had only four practices with the Jets. But at least he has game experience as a six-year veteran. The Jets are taking a chance.

Ryan said he doesn't like to dress three quarterbacks because "if you're (planning) on playing your third quarterback, you're probably not going to win. That's generally the reason. … That's why, unless you have an injury going in, normally you don't dress three."

I think you'll find many that would say, 'yes he is.' 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:13 am

I think you'll find many that would say, 'yes he is.'

Yet our board is on your "to post" list with many others.  But, if it makes you feel good attacking the Jets, have at it!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:40 am

LRJets wrote:I think you'll find many that would say, 'yes he is.'

Yet our board is on your "to post" list with many others.  But, if it makes you feel good attacking the Jets, have at it!

Aw LR, I don't dislike the Jets at all.  I grew up in a home with two brothers being Jets fans and two brothers being Giants fans.  I just happen to lean more towards the Giants.  I didn't say *I found him stupid.  I do feel though at times he doesn't think before he speaks or acts, but that could probably be said about a lot of peeps, myself included!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Is Rex Just plain stupid? Empty Smart management

Post by RickC Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 am

The cut of Brady Quinn is a smart team management decision. Quinn is only on the roster until Sanchez can return. Releasing Quinn now keeps his entire salary from being guaranteed for the year. They weren't going to dress him anyway. No one was exactly banging on Quinn's door so he'll be there on Monday to be re-signed. As soon as Sanchez is healthy Quinn gets cut and they only owe him for the time he is on the roster.

So the ignorance is with the original author of this thread. Not a surprise.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Aw LR, I don't dislike the Jets at all.  I grew up in a home with two brothers being Jets fans and two brothers being Giants fans.  I just happen to lean more towards the Giants.  I didn't say *I found him stupid.  I do feel though at times he doesn't think before he speaks or acts, but that could probably be said about a lot of peeps, myself included!  lol
I don't dislike the Giants, just as long as they aren't in the Jets way. Your posts are more than welcomed here. Plus what you said about Ryan is true.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

I don't dislike the Giants, just as long as they aren't in the Jets way. Your posts are more than welcomed here. Plus what you said about Ryan is true.

Thanks. 
Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 pm

RickC wrote:The cut of Brady Quinn is a smart team management decision. Quinn is only on the roster until Sanchez can return. Releasing Quinn now keeps his entire salary from being guaranteed for the year. They weren't going to dress him anyway. No one was exactly banging on Quinn's door so he'll be there on Monday to be re-signed. As soon as Sanchez is healthy Quinn gets cut and they only owe him for the time he is on the roster.

So the ignorance is with the original author of this thread. Not a surprise.
WRONG!!!!!!!! Quinn was cut Saturday so that the Jets didn't have too pay Brady his remaining of his Contracts. Jets signs QB, Brady Quinn back today on Monday.  He remain as the back up for Smith whlie Sanchez remain on IR He is done as a Jets QB, Jets will either trades him or release him at the end of the season.  Jets finally have a GM, who know what he doing.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down