Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PATS-BELICHICK

3 posters

Go down

PATS-BELICHICK Empty PATS-BELICHICK

Post by LRJets Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am

The Jets showed an efficient ground game yesterday.

Feels good they won.

But.........In three days they face an explosive offense in the Patriots. The Jets have to rely more on the passing game with Brady of course. Brady seems to be always on fire.

Belichick- had to run up the score on the Colts? Now Gronkowski broke his forearm. I guess a huge lead isn't good enough.

The famous NE poster Rags (hope he's ok), stated many times "if you want the score to be held down, stop them". True, it's legal, but does it give a chance for others to play? I hardly think they'd lose if BB sat, or rotated at least some starters.

Karma?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

PATS-BELICHICK Empty Re: PATS-BELICHICK

Post by George1963 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 am

Belichick- had to run up the score on the Colts? Now Gronkowski broke his forearm. I guess a huge lead isn't good enough.

The
famous NE poster Rags (hope he's ok), stated many times "if you want
the score to be held down, stop them". True, it's legal, but does it
give a chance for others to play? I hardly think they'd lose if BB
sat, or rotated at least some starters.

I was at this game in my brothers seats Lloyd. The Pats fans around me, unlike our buddy Rags, f@cking HATE this.
I didn't even bring it up, they all started bitching about it shortly after all the starters came out on the field for that drive.
BTW, don't believe the BS out of Foxboro that Gronk got hurt on the extra point. He was out there for the first play and left holding his arm funny. That's what started all the Pats fans complaining. He came back out for the PAT, which calmed them down some, but then went straight for the staircase behind the bench.
Funny line from a lady behind me on the extra point. She said "I'm surprised they're not going for 2."

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 pm

[quote="George1963"]Belichick- had to run up the score on the Colts? Now Gronkowski broke his forearm. I guess a huge lead isn't good enough.

The
famous NE poster Rags (hope he's ok), stated many times "if you want
the score to be held down, stop them". True, it's legal, but does it
give a chance for others to play? I hardly think they'd lose if BB
sat, or rotated at least some starters.

I was at this game in my brothers seats Lloyd. The Pats fans around me, unlike our buddy Rags, f@cking HATE this.
I didn't even bring it up, they all started bitching about it shortly after all the starters came out on the field for that drive.
BTW, don't believe the BS out of Foxboro that Gronk got hurt on the extra point. He was out there for the first play and left holding his arm funny. That's what started all the Pats fans complaining. He came back out for the PAT, which calmed them down some, but then went straight for the staircase behind the bench.
Funny line from a lady behind me on the extra point. She said "I'm surprised they're not going for 2."

That bastard Belichick, he should have ordered the offense to start taking knees at the 10 minute mark so as not to hurt the feelings of the opponents. On the other hand, maybe he thoughtletting up would be taken as offensive, like saying to the opponent, "You suck so bad, you're not even worthy of our best effort." But we'll never know I guess. As for one person's take, after the Jets game, Rex Ryan himself was asked about it, and without a beat, his only response was, "Its our job to stop them." Its really funny to me how the people that complain about the Pats playing for 60 minutes are rarely, if ever, players or coaches of the team getting blown out. The biggest complainers are fans (like you) and some media, not players or coaches. As one who dispises the Pats, I understand how this is your most important issue, and after the Pats most recent destruction of the Rams, Colts and Jets, the Pats running their offense to keep the defense off the field is the ONE PRIMARY THING you want to talk up from up there on your high horse. Anyway, time to put petty bias aside and congratulate Bill on his milestone achievment, his 200th victory as a HC, something only a handful of have accomplished.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Anyway, time to put petty bias aside and congratulate Bill on his milestone achievment, his 200th victory as a HC, something only a handful of have accomplished.

Bet not one in that handful was ever caught illegally filming. But you're 100% right, and you even posted on the right board this time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:20 pm

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Anyway, time to put petty bias aside and congratulate Bill on his milestone achievment, his 200th victory as a HC, something only a handful of have accomplished.

Bet not one in that handful was ever caught illegally filming. But you're 100% right, and you even posted on the right board this time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! Filming what? Something done in plain view of a stadium full of 70,000 people (sideline coach holding fingers in the air to signal his defensive players on the field)? Who cares? Sleep Film it. Write it down on paper. Dictate it to a secretary. Whatever. Not a big deal. Most overblown story ever. Thank goodness it died long ago. Thank goodness also that Patriot success post-filming proved it was never needed in the first place in order to be successful, also proving its lack of impact. Doesn't excuse it. But simply not the big deal it was made out to be.

My only point with the posts I read here was that I am amused that the idea of playing the game for 60 minutes in the situation when you have a big lead is apparently THE BIGGEST ISSUE for some fans, and they huff and puff and get on their high horse and take great umbridge to so-called "running up the score". For others, the whole idea is either at the bottom of their priority list, or in the case of nearly all, if not ALL players and coaches, it is no issue at all. "Its our job to stop them." -- Rex Ryan.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:03 pm

That bastard
Belichick, he should have ordered the offense to start taking knees at
the 10 minute mark so as not to hurt the feelings of the opponents. On
the other hand, maybe he thoughtletting up would be taken as offensive,
like saying to the opponent, "You suck so bad, you're not even worthy of
our best effort." But we'll never know I guess. As for one
person's take, after the Jets game, Rex Ryan himself was asked about it,
and without a beat, his only response was, "Its our job to stop them."
Its really funny to me how the people that complain about the Pats
playing for 60 minutes are rarely, if ever, players or coaches of the
team getting blown out. The biggest complainers are fans (like you) and
some media, not players or coaches. As one who dispises the Pats, I
understand how this is your most important issue, and after the Pats
most recent destruction of the Rams, Colts and Jets, the Pats running
their offense to keep the defense off the field is the ONE PRIMARY THING
you want to talk up from up there on your high horse. Anyway, time
to put petty bias aside and congratulate Bill on his milestone
achievment, his 200th victory as a HC, something only a handful of have
accomplished.

Hey Gup. How ya been?
Too much to address here in the little time I have, so I'll just ask you, because I want to be sure;
you're cool with them having their best skill position offensive players on the field in a game that is
well in hand?
I'll put it another way;
you're ok with them risking injury to guys they can't possibly win in the playoffs without in a game that Ryan Mallet and Danny Fells couldn't blow if they tried?

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm more concerned with the Jets lousy play to allow the Patriots to score 59. It wasn't illegal to run up a score. There was collateral damage affecting Gronkowski, evidently not the team.

I always maintained that Brady is one of the best pure pocket passer I ever saw. I saw Unitas in his prime, but I knew even less about football then than I know now.Very Happy Peyton would be on that list as well as Dan Fouts and a couple of others.

I couldn't even see how quickly the media and many fans pushed Brady and Manning aside for Rodgers. Not taking anything from Rodgers, he is great, but the crown was placed on his head a mite too fast IMO.

'Nuff said.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Filming what? Something done in plain view
of a stadium full of 70,000 people (sideline coach holding fingers in
the air to signal his defensive players on the field)? Who cares? Sleep
Film it. Write it down on paper. Dictate it to a secretary.
Whatever. Not a big deal. Most overblown story ever. Thank goodness
it died long ago. Thank goodness also that Patriot success post-filming
proved it was never needed in the first place in order to be
successful, also proving its lack of impact.
Doesn't excuse it. But
simply not the big deal it was made out to be.

From 2001 to 2006 the Patriots were 6-2* in the playoffs against teams they had gone 4-5 against in the regular season.

Post camera they've been 2-4 in the playoffs against teams they were 5-2 against during the year.
Strange.

The post filming success you're talking about is during the regular season. Thing about that though, their road winning % is almost exactly the same as it was before. It's at home where they've gone through the roof.
Stranger.

*By '05, when it was pretty well known around the league that the Pats were up to something, teams started taking away their toys when they were in their stadiums. Including in the '05 divisional game in Denver and the '06 AFCCG game in Indy.
Those were the two losses.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:30 pm

George1963 wrote:That bastard
Belichick, he should have ordered the offense to start taking knees at
the 10 minute mark so as not to hurt the feelings of the opponents. On
the other hand, maybe he thoughtletting up would be taken as offensive,
like saying to the opponent, "You suck so bad, you're not even worthy of
our best effort." But we'll never know I guess. As for one
person's take, after the Jets game, Rex Ryan himself was asked about it,
and without a beat, his only response was, "Its our job to stop them."
Its really funny to me how the people that complain about the Pats
playing for 60 minutes are rarely, if ever, players or coaches of the
team getting blown out. The biggest complainers are fans (like you) and
some media, not players or coaches. As one who dispises the Pats, I
understand how this is your most important issue, and after the Pats
most recent destruction of the Rams, Colts and Jets, the Pats running
their offense to keep the defense off the field is the ONE PRIMARY THING
you want to talk up from up there on your high horse. Anyway, time
to put petty bias aside and congratulate Bill on his milestone
achievment, his 200th victory as a HC, something only a handful of have
accomplished.

Hey Gup. How ya been?
Too much to address here in the little time I have, so I'll just ask you, because I want to be sure;
you're cool with them having their best skill position offensive players on the field in a game that is
well in hand?
I'll put it another way;
you're ok with them risking injury to guys they can't possibly win in the playoffs without in a game that Ryan Mallet and Danny Fells couldn't blow if they tried?

I'm good George. To answer your question, I'm OK with whatever works, basically. As far as "risk" goes, there's risk everywhere and all around, and nobody has a crystal ball as to when risk materializes into harm. Its only "unreasonable" risk, where the risk outweighs the potential benefit, that is not worth taking. And what is "reasonable" is different in each case, and what is reasonable to one, may be unreasonable to another. Would I like to see Ryan Mallet throw a few balls? Sure. Do I think there was opportunity to get him in there to throw a few balls? Ya. But I'm not the HC. So there, I just disagreed with one of his decisions. But that's a substitution decision, not a "running up the score" issue. Two different things. Like most, I think star players ought to be protected from unreasonable risk late in games that are out of hand. When is the exact series when that trigger is pulled? What is the "proper" offensive possession to do it? I don't know. Whatever. People will always complain that it should have been done one possession sooner, or whatever. The question over which possession to make the change is not something that keeps me up at night, frankly. But the separate point remains, whoever is on the field in the 4th Q, be it first, second or third stringer, run the plays that move the ball, whatever those plays may be. Its up to the opposing defense to stop them, just as Rex Ryan said in his post game comments.

Hey, on the other hand, there is the simple solution to this "controversy" that you, as a Pats despiser, I'm sure would advocate. Kraft should just fire Belichick. The coach may know a thing or two about football, we'll give him that, but there's just too much downside with the guy. You're on board with that, right?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 pm

George1963 wrote:Filming what? Something done in plain view
of a stadium full of 70,000 people (sideline coach holding fingers in
the air to signal his defensive players on the field)? Who cares? Sleep
Film it. Write it down on paper. Dictate it to a secretary.
Whatever. Not a big deal. Most overblown story ever. Thank goodness
it died long ago. Thank goodness also that Patriot success post-filming
proved it was never needed in the first place in order to be
successful, also proving its lack of impact.
Doesn't excuse it. But
simply not the big deal it was made out to be.

From 2001 to 2006 the Patriots were 6-2* in the playoffs against teams they had gone 4-5 against in the regular season.

Post camera they've been 2-4 in the playoffs against teams they were 5-2 against during the year.
Strange.

The post filming success you're talking about is during the regular season. Thing about that though, their road winning % is almost exactly the same as it was before. It's at home where they've gone through the roof.
Stranger.

*By '05, when it was pretty well known around the league that the Pats were up to something, teams started taking away their toys when they were in their stadiums. Including in the '05 divisional game in Denver and the '06 AFCCG game in Indy.
Those were the two losses.

Please. This spin job is too funny. More of your typical reaching in the case of the Pats. Its been pretty much accepted by 99% of rational human beings that filming a sideline coach doing something in plain view of a stadium full of people does not give you any special secret intel that is going to give you the golden key and one-of-a-kind "how to" guide to defeating that opponent the next time you play them (assuming those sideline coaches use the same hand signals every game, and never change them up like they do in baseball). I understand you hate Belichick because he broke a rule. Everyone gets that. But its been proven over time beyond the shadow of a doubt that, sadly, he didn't need the filming to be successful. He was otherwise coaching good enough, and his team was otherwise good enough to win without it. Hey, take this year. I see lots of rookies and other new names on the field for the Pats. Lots of player turnover, but in the hunt once again. Just like every year.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey, on the other hand, there is the simple
solution to this "controversy" that you, as a Pats despiser, I'm sure
would advocate. Kraft should just fire Belichick. The coach may know a
thing or two about football, we'll give him that, but there's just too
much downside with the guy. You're on board with that, right?

I would have done it years ago. If an employee embarrassed me, put me in the position that I had to apologize to my peers, I don't care how much money he's made me in the past or stands to make me in the future, he's done.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 pm

George1963 wrote:Hey, on the other hand, there is the simple
solution to this "controversy" that you, as a Pats despiser, I'm sure
would advocate. Kraft should just fire Belichick. The coach may know a
thing or two about football, we'll give him that, but there's just too
much downside with the guy. You're on board with that, right?

I would have done it years ago. If an employee embarrassed me, put me in the position that I had to apologize to my peers, I don't care how much money he's made me in the past or stands to make me in the future, he's done.

You would? Self righteous, "I'm-better-than-all-of-you" bloke that you are. lol

Sorry G., just not buying it. No cred from you on anything Pats-related. Been that way since forever.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down