Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it

3 posters

Go down

Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it Empty Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it

Post by meiden Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 am

Man this team is severely flawed. This is four offseasons for Mayhew and Schwartz and we aren't very close yet. This defense is woeful. Has been bad against good offenses and has this type of occasional bad egg against even mediocre good offenses.

Meanwhile the offense can put up some yards but is reminding me of the Michigan offenses of the last couple of years...very inconsistent. Where was the running game yesterday against a solid DL? I know...absent because Raiola and Peterman suck at run blocking and Cherilus and Backus aren't too far behind them.

Freaking ugly in a must win game.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it Empty Re: Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it

Post by SharBar57 Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:37 am

I didn't watch...did they use Reif much for the 6th OL like they did vs the Jags? Just asking.

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it Empty Re: Haven't seen it all yet and might not watch it

Post by Dawildboar Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 am

I haven't watched it eaither, was getting updates on my way back from backpacking and if I was driving it could have been a problem. I guess the team looks better against an inferior opponent, which is what the Jags are. I was worried about this game after watching the Colts roll over the Jags but thought they'd man up, being it was basically a make or break deal...They didn't, which makes me wonder about a lot of things about this team.

The D-Line is the main reason I'll watch the game. I'm thinking that they might not be good...they might not even be fairly good, they might be average or below which would confuse the hell out of me.

I'll watch to see what happened to their better, if not good, rushing game. The Lions are losing in the trenches and that's discouraging.

Sounds like CJ had a career day, while getting the hell knocked out of him.

I'm flying in to this weeks game and spending nearly $500 to attend the game, flight included...I didn't spend $500 because I wanted to watch a 4 & 5 team that has been rolled 3 times by divisional opponents...They better make up for that sorry excuse of a game this coming week!!!affraid
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 am

I watched a little of the game right before the half and a little of the second half. Every play I saw they did well, but I think as soon as I turned away they quit. I saw one play that Cultler must have thrown with his foot or something cause Suh was about to roll him into a ball and stuff him under the bench, but he managed a 1st down instead. But most the highlights I have seen sucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Like I said before the Tenn game. Beware of the second game of back to back road games, they are extremely difficult. The lions have one left against Ariz 12/16. They have lost all three of the previous ones, Tenn, Chi and now Vikings. Imagine if they had won both games against the Vikings? They'd be 6-3, instead of 4-5, big, big difference. I couldn't finish watching the 1st half, too brutal for me. A study in ineptitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 am

RLMcB wrote:Like I said before the Tenn game. Beware of the second game of back to back road games, they are extremely difficult. The lions have one left against Ariz 12/16. They have lost all three of the previous ones, Tenn, Chi and now Vikings. Imagine if they had won both games against the Vikings? They'd be 6-3, instead of 4-5, big, big difference. I couldn't finish watching the 1st half, too brutal for me. A study in ineptitude.

RL...what frustrates me and has me looking hard at Mayhew and Schwartz is that they have lost all three back-to-backs. Good teams are challenged in those games but can win a few.

I gave Mayhew a B at the beginning of the season. Unless something changes, that grade has dropped. Guys like Avril (franchised by Mayhew), KVB, Durant, Sims, Pettigrew, and Cherilus have regressed and joined a group of people that either should've been replaced (Peterman, Raiola, etc) or can't stay on the field (Leshoure, Delmas, etc). He still has a huge cap issue this year with little chance to improve the team in the offseason outside of the draft.

At this point the only players who I beleive have consistently played at or above their ability are Houston and CJ. Others who are close are Levy, Stafford, and Suh. Fairley, Williams, Tulloch, Hill and Backus have had their good moments. Otherwise...way too much inconsistency in play, chronic health issues and in some cases just plain poor play.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down