Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the penalty here ?

5 posters

Go down

What is the penalty here  ? Empty What is the penalty here ?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

INDIANAOPLIS, IN - OCTOBER 7: Andrew Luck #12 of the Indianapolis Colts looses the ball as he is hit by Nick

Unnessary roughness ??

No

Back to top Go down

What is the penalty here  ? Empty Re: What is the penalty here ?

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:47 am

He led with the crown of his helmet. A couple of frames earlier would show it.

I still hated that call, though.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:13 pm

NJPackfan wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

INDIANAOPLIS, IN - OCTOBER 7: Andrew Luck #12 of the Indianapolis Colts looses the ball as he is hit by Nick

Unnessary roughness ??

No

There was no foul there whatsoever. The helmet went into the shoulder area just below the chin. In real time--it obviously appeared to the back judge that it was helmet to helmet. In short--he blew the call on a picture perfect crushing form hit on the QB... That's just the way you want it done. Flag or no flag--in film sessions when I got to this hit--I'd have Perry stand up in the room and initiate an ovation for him. You can't coach to the fear of some pansy fucking official dropping the hanky because a bone-crushing tackle was just too damn good... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Whatever the hit was, I thought Luck was done for. His head snapped back and I thought for sure he's be out with a concussion or a neck injury. It's to his credit that he shook it off like it was a mosquito bite.

Fantastic play by Perry. If we can get more production like that out of him, our defense will start intimidating people.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 pm

It is not the call but the rule that is wrong. They are so intent on player safety. But this is football. It is a violent game. If you don't want to take that risk you can be like the rest of us and play non-contact sports. How do Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Nitschke feel? They probably would not want to play in today's game.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 am

milani wrote:It is not the call but the rule that is wrong. They are so intent on player safety. But this is football. It is a violent game. If you don't want to take that risk you can be like the rest of us and play non-contact sports. How do Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Nitschke feel? They probably would not want to play in today's game.

Maybe my memory is just bad, but I don't remember so many rules being so "murky" under other commissioners. No one knows what pass interference is anymore, no one knows what constitutes a legit hit on the QB, no one knows what a catch or an interception is , no one knows what a fumble is anymore, no one knows shit anymore. Might as well turn it into the National Calvinball League.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:13 am

I felt that hit all the way in the philippines,the league sucks,the rules are called by a set of eyes,they need to go to the monitor and see a replay of personal fouls and pass interferance to make the correct call,yeah i know it will add another hour to the games but this has become fuckin hard to watch and has takin the enjoyment out of the game.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm

throttleplate wrote:I felt that hit all the way in the philippines,the league sucks,the rules are called by a set of eyes,they need to go to the monitor and see a replay of personal fouls and pass interferance to make the correct call,yeah i know it will add another hour to the games but this has become fuckin hard to watch and has takin the enjoyment out of the game.

Yeah, but at least you have those San Miguels and the pretty Filipino girls to cut the edge.

How are you, Throttle? Haven't heard from you in a while.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 am

hi duck,i have been back in the philippines since may this year,things are goin good here.The beer is cheap and so is the rent for housing and the girls are so plentiful that i have to beat them off me with a coconut.Maybe thor should visit here as their are also alot of ladyboys for him to date.

I purchased the nfl online package for $199.00 and it is pretty damn good as i can watch live or archive the games,all games and then i get all the nfl shows and whats really kool is i can watch coaches tape of the game which comes out 2 days after the game was played which is very interesting if you want to really see how each play is executed precisely and you can see who is fucking up.

The girls here are great,i have a steady girlfriend whom understands when football is on all lovemaking is put on hold.The philippine people dont know what american football is and i just watched my team in baseball the Orioles lose to the skankees and she was asking me what an inning is?try to explain that and then football.

I lost faith in Mcfattys playcalling,he is hard headed and unless he can get the team to do another magic turnaround i see another year for him and then a evaluation for him to stay or go and as far as capers goes,if its the horses that we dont have then cant really blame him but then maybe this team needs to go back to a 4-3.

I enjoy your posts and hope all s well for you back in the states.Take care
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 am

throttleplate wrote:hi duck,i have been back in the philippines since may this year,things are goin good here.The beer is cheap and so is the rent for housing and the girls are so plentiful that i have to beat them off me with a coconut.Maybe thor should visit here as their are also alot of ladyboys for him to date.

I purchased the nfl online package for $199.00 and it is pretty damn good as i can watch live or archive the games,all games and then i get all the nfl shows and whats really kool is i can watch coaches tape of the game which comes out 2 days after the game was played which is very interesting if you want to really see how each play is executed precisely and you can see who is fucking up.

The girls here are great,i have a steady girlfriend whom understands when football is on all lovemaking is put on hold.The philippine people dont know what american football is and i just watched my team in baseball the Orioles lose to the skankees and she was asking me what an inning is?try to explain that and then football.

I lost faith in Mcfattys playcalling,he is hard headed and unless he can get the team to do another magic turnaround i see another year for him and then a evaluation for him to stay or go and as far as capers goes,if its the horses that we dont have then cant really blame him but then maybe this team needs to go back to a 4-3.

I enjoy your posts and hope all s well for you back in the states.Take care

Rough life you have there, Throttle!

Regarding the 4-3 vs. the 3-4, I don't think that's the issue for the Packers, nor do I think switching back would help. The problem with the 4-3 is that it requires you find four stud big guys who can not only play the run but rush the passer. These guys don't grow on trees and an injury to a 4-3 lineman can leave you very vulnerable. The 3-4 puts the pass rushing duties on the linebackers so the linemen are not depended upon to get the sacks. The 3-4 defense is ideally suited for tweeners, of which there is a much greater supply.

I think the 3-4 defense is right for us, in particular with our talent pool. We just have to play it right.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down