Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUSTER SKRINE

2 posters

Go down

BUSTER SKRINE Empty BUSTER SKRINE

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm

He played well in the 1st half, I think he is going to be a good player, the kid played for a small school in his college career, give him anothr year under his belt, I have a good feeling about old Buster, he has showed some decent talent and this year IMO is his year to get a handle on his position at the pro level, now if he cant handle it in 2013 then that is when I will say its time to give up on the kid from Tenn-Chatt.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

BUSTER SKRINE Empty Re: BUSTER SKRINE

Post by foghorn Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:13 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:He played well in the 1st half, I think he is going to be a good player, the kid played for a small school in his college career, give him anothr year under his belt, I have a good feeling about old Buster, he has showed some decent talent and this year IMO is his year to get a handle on his position at the pro level, now if he cant handle it in 2013 then that is when I will say its time to give up on the kid from Tenn-Chatt.
The problem with ANY draft pick is: they have to get acquainted to the NFL game... it takes time. when you are lacking in talent.... you have to push them into it... sometimes the succeed, sometimes they don't.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 pm

foghorn wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:He played well in the 1st half, I think he is going to be a good player, the kid played for a small school in his college career, give him anothr year under his belt, I have a good feeling about old Buster, he has showed some decent talent and this year IMO is his year to get a handle on his position at the pro level, now if he cant handle it in 2013 then that is when I will say its time to give up on the kid from Tenn-Chatt.
The problem with ANY draft pick is: they have to get acquainted to the NFL game... it takes time. when you are lacking in talent.... you have to push them into it... sometimes the succeed, sometimes they don't.
I agree, especially when they come from a small school like Tenn-Chattanooga, Skrien does have talent and needs playing time, its not like they are goinhg anyplace this year and Brown is on his last cup of fuel, actually he is running on fumes as a CB, he needs to play Nickle and Dime unless and injury forces him into CB or the safety positions, and right now safety slots are the best place for him.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 pm

I guess QB's don't get the same training time, It's 4 games and out for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Dmounts wrote:I guess QB's don't get the same training time, It's 4 games and out for them.
I was gonna say something about that. It isn't his age that's the problem... it's the fact he is a rookie. In college, skills and smarts can let you succeed.... in the NFL... everyone has skills and smarts. You have to learn to take the game to the next level. Weeden has the tools, time will tell if he can do it.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:38 pm

foghorn wrote:
Dmounts wrote:I guess QB's don't get the same training time, It's 4 games and out for them.
I was gonna say something about that. It isn't his age that's the problem... it's the fact he is a rookie. In college, skills and smarts can let you succeed.... in the NFL... everyone has skills and smarts. You have to learn to take the game to the next level. Weeden has the tools, time will tell if he can do it.
I have never doubted Weedens ability to play in the NFL, none at all!!! My problem is they took him in the 1st round and in 5 years he will be 34 years old, I watched Weeden everytime Oklahoma St wa on tv in my area and knew he was going to play in the NFL, sure this team would be better if it had a freaking wr other then mohamad that could catch ( when he isnt injured) but you need more then one wideout that understood that dropping passes isnt a good thing, and yes Weeden is going to make some big time mistakes because he is a rookie, again my ONLY problem with Weeden is he is 29 ( in a few wweks) and they waisted a 1st round pick on him when he damn well would have still been on the board in the 3rd, I would be excited as hell watching Weeden play every week even if he was 25, the guy has the tools and right now he really needs to work on his touch as in putting a little air under the ball in certain situations and not eyeballing his target especialkly those short up and outs and those passes need to be drilled to the WR.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:30 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
I have never doubted Weedens ability to play in the NFL, none at all!!! My problem is they took him in the 1st round and in 5 years he will be 34 years old, I watched Weeden everytime Oklahoma St wa on tv in my area and knew he was going to play in the NFL, sure this team would be better if it had a freaking wr other then mohamad that could catch ( when he isnt injured) but you need more then one wideout that understood that dropping passes isnt a good thing, and yes Weeden is going to make some big time mistakes because he is a rookie, again my ONLY problem with Weeden is he is 29 ( in a few wweks) and they waisted a 1st round pick on him when he damn well would have still been on the board in the 3rd, I would be excited as hell watching Weeden play every week even if he was 25, the guy has the tools and right now he really needs to work on his touch as in putting a little air under the ball in certain situations and not eyeballing his target especialkly those short up and outs and those passes need to be drilled to the WR.
But is bitching about his age gonna change it? He's the best option at QB the Browns have rt now. A cpl decent WRs would make a dramatic improvement in that team. Much more than any change in Weedens age.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:43 pm

foghorn wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
But is bitching about his age gonna change it? He's the best option at QB the Browns have rt now. A cpl decent WRs would make a dramatic improvement in that team. Much more than any change in Weedens age.

And what would have happen if another team picked up weeden? Would you have been happy going into the season with McCoy and wallace or would the rant be about how the browns sucked for letting a NFL quality quarterback slip through your hands?

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Dmounts wrote:
foghorn wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:
foghorn wrote:

And what would have happen if another team picked up weeden? Would you have been happy going into the season with McCoy and wallace or would the rant be about how the browns sucked for letting a NFL quality quarterback slip through your hands?
It wouldnt have mattered, the Browns would have been in position in 2013 to take ANY QB they wanted to, YES, I would have ratherd they have passed on Weeden in RD 1 in hopes of getting him in the 3rd round, he IS NOT the QB of the future, thewy WAISTED a 1st round pick on him, you asked me, and I told you, that is exactly how I feel!!! End of story!!! BTW, No I wouldnt have ranted and raved about a ( QUALITY 29 YEAR OLD, LMFAO, NO 29 YEAR OLD ROOKIE IS QUALITY) I DIDNT WANT HIM IN THE 1ST ROUND, I wanted the best player available, and Weeden was not that by any means of anyones imagination unless that so called NFL fan is seriously stupid, and that is exactly what Holmgren, Shurmur and the GM ( who I still cant remeber his name and isnt worth looking up) is, This team still needs a QB and that QB will be there in 2013 and I hope they go get him because odds are very good that the Browns will have the 1st pick in the 2013 draft, I just hope its not the QB from USC, they have a horrible trake record throughout the years as NFL QB's. Does that answere your question, if not I dont know what else to tell you.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 am

Let me get it right. You would have been OK with McCoy as your starter. Still not picking up a starting receiver, adding Riley Reiff or Chandler Jones (the best available players on the board) and hoping that the Browns would pick 1st in the 2013 Draft so they could pass on what the experts are saying is the best available QB in the 2013 draft?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down