Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now this is what I talk about

Go down

Now this is what I talk about Empty Now this is what I talk about

Post by meiden Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So often I'm just the doomsayer...the crumudgeon...the pessimist when I call BS when the Lions pick up scraps and all of the sudden a problem area is fixed. Schwartz, Cunningham and many posters talked about how Barnes just needed a change of scenery or was a cap casualty and he upgraded the defensive backfield. I said he was cut for a reason...he stunk. Now we will hear about Mayhew adding competition and building depth by adding Murphy. I again say hogwash. I may be proven wrong on the rare occassion that one of these castoffs become something but in the vast majority of cases...if we are picking up someone late in the preseason or after the season starts it's because that person is a scrub.

Mayhew completely neglected the defensive back seven again this offseason. His only moves in this area were whitewash. Lacey stinks out loud. Barnes and Florence are just bodies at this point. Jonte Greene is an athletic rookie who doesn't play the position very well. The only potential player in the mix is Bentley and he is a decent prospect who plays like a rookie.

The safety position is just as bad with an average safety being their best in Delmas who can't get back onto the field and the rest are scrubs.

Similarly Mayhew did precious little to upgrade the LB position for this year. Could a Whitehead or Lewis turn into something? Possibly but certainly not a sure thing and the three guys in front of them aren't much to write home about.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down