Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now...

2 posters

Go down

One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now... Empty One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now...

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 am

There will be no delusions at the end of the season about making it to the Super Bowl because it is quite obvious that there's just not enough talent. Or that's the way I see it.

Back to top Go down

One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now... Empty Re: One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now...

Post by RLON39 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 am

I don't know about that...thin air, injuries, stadium charged with Manning's return, offense a work in progress and defense rusty...they still had fight, so I don't think this game reveals much about the way the season will end up being. Aside from the interception, Ben was a warrior who came up big on third and longs all game, with limited support and an offensive line that moved...well, backwards.

One thing is for sure, Ryan Mundy and Chris Carter need not start another game. Harrison needs to be healthy. With two healthy stud outside linebackers, in Woodley and Harrison, and a safety to cover Troy's back (Clark for now), so to speak, this is still a top tier, if not elite, defense.

I really think they need to still focus on upgrading Safety, ILB, and OG positions, going forward. They need a further infusion of young talent at these positions (injuries to Decastro and Spence did not help). I like OG Lee on the practice squad, and he might be the answer now rather than later. I think he could outplay any of our linemen that were on the field Sunday night. I watched him and Beachum in the preseason, Lee was head and shoulders above him, a freakin' mauler.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now... Empty Re: One thing good about knowing our team pretty much sucks right now...

Post by leejr Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 am

The team doesn't suck,but should've been upgraded in certain positions yrs.ago.Now certain components have age,and now it's starting to show
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 am

RLON39 wrote:I don't know about that...thin air, injuries, stadium charged with Manning's return, offense a work in progress and defense rusty...they still had fight, so I don't think this game reveals much about the way the season will end up being. Aside from the interception, Ben was a warrior who came up big on third and longs all game, with limited support and an offensive line that moved...well, backwards.

One thing is for sure, Ryan Mundy and Chris Carter need not start another game. Harrison needs to be healthy. With two healthy stud outside linebackers, in Woodley and Harrison, and a safety to cover Troy's back (Clark for now), so to speak, this is still a top tier, if not elite, defense.

I really think they need to still focus on upgrading Safety, ILB, and OG positions, going forward. They need a further infusion of young talent at these positions (injuries to Decastro and Spence did not help). I like OG Lee on the practice squad, and he might be the answer now rather than later. I think he could outplay any of our linemen that were on the field Sunday night. I watched him and Beachum in the preseason, Lee was head and shoulders above him, a freakin' mauler.

I hope you're right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 am

leejr wrote:The team doesn't suck,but should've been upgraded in certain positions yrs.ago.Now certain components have age,and now it's starting to show

Like I'm sure you already know, trying to upgrade positions when we draft so low every year is almost impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down