Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week One--49ers@Pack

+2
milani
duck
6 posters

Go down

Week One--49ers@Pack Empty Week One--49ers@Pack

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:03 pm

HD 24-20 49ers 0-0 *Established* that D yet ain't

Back to top Go down

Week One--49ers@Pack Empty Re: Week One--49ers@Pack

Post by duck Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Duck 20-16 Packers 0-0 Rodgers vs. Noodle Arm is the difference
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

duck wrote:HD 24-20 49ers 0-0 *Established* that D yet ain't

Alex Smith is a better QB than the media likes to portray, Duck... I don't swallow it... Throughout all those years where he was thrown to the wolves in that dysfunctional Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary era where O coordinators were gone through in SF like wet wipes in truck stop restrooms (he had FIVE different O coordinators in his first FIVE seasons)--on through to the present, Smith has shown me something... He had all the excuse he needed many times over to find the justification to just relent and fold up the tent--yet he didn't... Harbaugh foolishly jerked him around in his dalliance with Manning after, by any measure, a very respectable season...yet once again--no hint of little bitch coming forth to poison his attitude and thus, performance...

Once having the benefit of some degree of stability in the O playbook in SF--Smith has emerged as a leader and a player. Harbaugh is damn lucky to still have him (even signing a modest 3 year contract extension this May) after that trailer move (you don't pull that move unless you not hope to, but KNOW you are going to succeed with it) he pulled on Smith this off-season after producing a season like this...

Smith, Alex-2011

Yards: 3144

TD's: 17

INT's: 5

Comp %: 61.3

QB Rating: 90.7

I'd sure as shit take that season over/above some of Brent's offerings.

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Milani 26-17 49ers Akers vindicates his poor playoff game against us
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Alex Smith is a better QB than the media likes to portray, Duck... I don't swallow it... Throughout all those years where he was thrown to the wolves in that dysfunctional Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary era where O coordinators were gone through in SF like wet wipes in truck stop restrooms (he had FIVE different O coordinators in his first FIVE seasons)--on through to the present, Smith has shown me something... He had all the excuse he needed many times over to find the justification to just relent and fold up the tent--yet he didn't... Harbaugh foolishly jerked him around in his dalliance with Manning after, by any measure, a very respectable season...yet once again--no hint of little bitch coming forth to poison his attitude and thus, performance...

Once having the benefit of some degree of stability in the O playbook in SF--Smith has emerged as a leader and a player. Harbaugh is damn lucky to still have him (even signing a modest 3 year contract extension this May) after that trailer move (you don't pull that move unless you not hope to, but KNOW you are going to succeed with it) he pulled on Smith this off-season after producing a season like this...

Smith, Alex-2011

Wow. Comparing Smith to Favre is just crazy. i dislike Favre as much as anyone now but his game was light years ahead of poor Alex. Every time Favre lined up under center, the safeties moved back a couple of yards because they respected his arm. Every time Smith lines up under center, the safeties cheat up because they know he's not likely to burn them deep.

Quick question, HD... how often have you seen Alex Smith play? Living in Niner territory, I've seen him a lot. I will grant you that the guy had his development stunted in the worst possible way (as you described above) and I also acknowledge that he seems like a level headed guy and is a decent game manager. That is really all he is asked to do in Harbaugh's system and he does it well. His modest numbers suggest exactly that: not much offensive production but few mistakes.

Smith played way beyond his capabilities in the Saints playoff game, which you likely watched and colored your perspective on him, but just about every other time I've seen him, he's struck me as a B level NFL QB with a weak arm and questionable accuracy. Favre was a quantum level better than Smith and Rodgers is arguably two quantum levels better.

The Niners may very well beat the Packers in the opener but if they do so, I predict it will be from tough defense and Packer turnovers. It's highly unlikely Smith will light it up.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Smith does not have to play from behind as much with this 9er team as those prior to Harbaugh's tenure. This takes a lot of pressure off him. If he cannot make a play he is told to throw it away and let his team punt. He has a defense that can get it done. Talk about a hard life.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:11 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Smith, Alex-2011

Wow. Comparing Smith to Favre is just crazy. i dislike Favre as much as anyone now but his game was light years ahead of poor Alex. You didn't process what I said, Duck... What I said was--I'd take Alex Smith's season last year at QB before I'd take a couple of Favre's season efforts--and if you wouldn't--then you need to re-fire the burners, my friend... Very Happy Every time Favre lined up under center, the safeties moved back a couple of yards because they respected his arm. Every time Smith lines up under center, the safeties cheat up because they know he's not likely to burn them deep.

Quick question, HD... how often have you seen Alex Smith play? Living in Niner territory, I've seen him a lot. I will grant you that the guy had his development stunted in the worst possible way (as you described above) and I also acknowledge that he seems like a level headed guy and is a decent game manager. That is really all he is asked to do in Harbaugh's system and he does it well. His modest numbers suggest exactly that: not much offensive production but few mistakes.

Smith played way beyond his capabilities in the Saints playoff game, LOL! What? Played well beyond his capabilities?! That's the mother of contradictory statements. Tell me Duck--how the fuck is that possible? Let me help...it's NOT...I believe you watched and colored your perspective on him, but just about every other time I've seen him, he's struck me as a B level NFL QB with a weak arm and questionable accuracy. Favre was a quantum level better than Smith and Rodgers is arguably two quantum levels better.

The Niners may very well beat the Packers in the opener but if they do so, I predict it will be from tough defense and Packer turnovers. It's highly unlikely Smith will light it up.

I never claimed he would... I merely stated that your *noodle arm* disparage is unwarranted, eh? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:02 pm

I merely stated that your *noodle arm* disparage is unwarranted, eh?

We'll see about that. Very Happy

[code][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Milani 26-17 49ers Akers vindicates his poor playoff game against us

KBen 38-24 Pack 0-0 fuck the fuckin 9rs

KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:36 pm

MB 24-21 Packers 0-0 Because I'm a homer

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Shit, they're due...

SF 26 GB 17
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 am

Shit they're due JnC........BFD !!!!!!!! FT!!!!!!!! HaHa.

It will come down to turnovers. Our running game will be key....same ole same ole.

Now the Bears game on Thursday.....we better just blow 'em out. I am looking for Jordy Nelson to play Pro Bowl ball this year (again).

GO PACJ
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am

This kind of reminds you of when we get stuck playing on Thanksgiving after a rough Sunday game 4 days previous. Only we get both games at home and one of them is the Bears.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:48 pm

I take zero comfort in seeing this loss coming. What really shocks me though is the unpreparedness. We need a TO 3 plays after halftime to avoid a delay of game while running a no-huddle? I could go on as there are plenty of other WTF examples.

Like the 1st time SF had a red zone shot I KNEW it was going to be to Moss. Talked about it all week.
How did GB not know that was what they were going to do? It was a no-brainer.

I have a bad feeling about this year...

McCarthy needs a swift kick in the ass.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I take zero comfort in seeing this loss coming. What really shocks me though is the unpreparedness. We need a TO 3 plays after halftime to avoid a delay of game while running a no-huddle? I could go on as there are plenty of other WTF examples.

Like the 1st time SF had a red zone shot I KNEW it was going to be to Moss. Talked about it all week.
How did GB not know that was what they were going to do? It was a no-brainer.

I have a bad feeling about this year...

McCarthy needs a swift kick in the ass.

The homer in me couldn't bring myself to pick against the Pack in their home opener. I had a bad feeling, though.

Everything about this sucks. Looks as if Capers hasn't done a fucking thing to fix what went wrong last season. MM still has his tendency to go for bombs on 3rd and 1. No run blocking. Missed tackles. Finley and Jones dropping passes again. Capers getting outschemed by having Nick Perry trying to cover WRs. Communication problems in the secondary. In other words, they thought the game plan against the Giants that got them beat 37-20 was so awesome they decided to run it again.

It's only one game, but I think these past two games represent a major setback for this program. They've been skunked on their home field by two championship-level teams. Everyone not named Randall Cobb and Charles Woodson fucking sucked.

And just askin', but why isn't Johnny Jolly back on this team?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 pm

And just askin', but why isn't Johnny Jolly back on this team?

MM still has his tendency to go for bombs on 3rd and 1. No run blocking.
Right on, MB. We playd the 9ers in 06' and kept Gore in check but for one run and we had a 4-8 record at the time. 3rd and 1 bombs?

Yes, if you are playing the Vikings or Rams. Even #4 was satisfied with a 1st down.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

KBen wrote:

HD 24-20 49ers *Established* that D yet ain't 1-0

Duck 20-16 Packers Rodgers vs. Noodle Arm is the difference 0-1

MB 24-21 Packers Because I'm a homer 0-1

Milani 26-17 49ers Akers vindicates his poor playoff game against us 1-0

KBen 38-24 Pack 0-0 fuck the fuckin 9rs 0-1

JnC 26-17 49ers 1-0

Ringo 100-0 Pack Homer patrol 0-1

Like KBen said in reference to the election--Insanity is doing the same thing over and over--and expecting a different result. What we saw in the preseason with this D was no different than what we saw all of last season... What we saw with the schemes/approach was also just more/same... Add to that the fact that Rodgers/O were just never entirely dialed in throughout the pre-season...and this loss was easy to foresee coming...

The more troubling thing that was clearly evident in this game--is that the 49ers wanted it more. The season opener at Lambeau Field against a primary conference challenger--and the Pack played like they were still happy polishing their knobs from the Lombardi from two seasons ago...

It's my observation that McCarthy has become too cerebral in his approach to properly preparing/motivating this team. I think he's spending too much time playing patty-cake with Capers. When you watch/read his interviews--it becomes apparent that he's taken this thing WAY into overthinkland... That's the tendency of people to do when they are confused and aren't sure where to go. Hmmmm...I'll just refine it... Yeah--that's it. What I'm doing has worked--right? So--I'll just refine it...then refine it again--until everyone is buried in so many little fucking pictures that they lose sight of the big one... This is why managing success is so much more difficult for most than managing failure. Failure can be a very powerful motivator...and many coaches are very effective in using it to extract the best from the players individually and build the collective mindset of *team* through an us -vs- the world mentality...but where do you go when you've tasted the sweet fruit of success and you have become the world that all the other *us's* are rallying to take down? Shocked

This shit isn't really that complicated. Beat the man with the other hat in front of you. Maybe a few early season losses will put McCarthy back in his Shrek-ass underdog sweet spot where he can actually pull his best--and the best from everyone around him--in those crucial times when it matters most. Like against the Giants, Shrek-fuck got his coaching ass handed to him yesterday...and by a punk dockers pleated khaki-assed little fuck like Jim Harbaugh... For shame, bitches... Wink

Last edited by _HD_ on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm

_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:

HD 24-20 49ers *Established* that D yet ain't 1-0

Duck 20-16 Packers Rodgers vs. Noodle Arm is the difference 0-1

MB 24-21 Packers Because I'm a homer 0-1

Milani 26-17 49ers Akers vindicates his poor playoff game against us 1-0

KBen 38-24 Pack 0-0 fuck the fuckin 9rs 0-1

JnC 26-17 49ers 1-0

Ringo 100-0 Pack Homer patrol 0-1

Like KBen said in reference to the election--Insanity is doing the same thing over and over--and expecting a different result. What we saw in the preseason with this D was no different than what we saw all of last season... What we saw with the schemes/approach was also just more/same... Add to that the fact that Rodgers/O were just never entirely dialed in throughout the pre-season...and this loss was easy to foresee coming...

The more troubling thing that was clearly evident in this game--is that the 49ers wanted it more. The season opener at Lambeau Field against a primary conference challenger--and the Pack played like they were still happy polishing their knobs from the Lombardi from two seasons ago...

It's my observation that McCarthy has become too cerebral in his approach to properly preparing/motivating this team. I think he's spending too much time playing patty-cake with Capers. When you watch/read his interviews--it becomes apparent that he's taken this thing WAY into overthinkland... That's the tendency of people to do when they are confused and aren't sure where to go. Hmmmm...I'll just refine it... Yeah--that's it. What I'm doing has worked--right? So--I'll just refine it...then refine it again--until everyone is buried in so many little fucking pictures that they lose sight of the big one... This is why managing success is so much more difficult for most than managing failure. Failure can be a very powerful motivator...and many coaches are very effective in using it to extract the best from the players individually and build the collective mindset of *team* through an us -vs- the world mentality...but where do you go when you've tasted the sweet fruit of success and you have become the world that all the other *us's* are rallying to take down? Shocked

This shit isn't really that complicated. Beat the man with the other hat in front of you. Maybe a few early season losses will put McCarthy back in his Shrek-ass underdog sweet spot where he can actually pull his best--and the best from everyone around him--in those crucial times when it matters most. Like against the Giants, Shrek-fuck got his coaching ass handed to him yesterday...and by a punk cargo-pant khaki assed little fuck like Jim Harbaugh... For shame, bitches... Wink

You hit on one of the big issues with the Packers right now, HD. The coaches have become too cerebral and scheme-focussed. They've strayed away from the fundamental nature of football -- that it's a violent physical sport in which the idea is to stomp the shit out of the other guy. I know the game is evolving. It's gradually becoming basketball on grass. However, the team that dominates the trenches, blocks and tackles better, generally wins.

Teams take on the character of their coaches too. The Packers and Niners offered a total contrast. The Niners were physical and emotional like their coach, while the Packers played calm and cerebral because that's the way MM approaches the game. This game was a total validation of Harbaugh's approach over ours.

I don't want to see the Packers go all the way over to the other side of the pendulum (at least not until January). Harbaugh's team is at risk for emotional burnout later in the season, IMHO. However, I'd really like to see the Packers make some bone-crushing tackles and/or pile-driving runs... and then get jacked up about it. Our team lacks fire and intensity.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:44 pm

The next time I see Morgan Burnett really nail somebody WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN HIM REALLY NAIL SOMEBODY.

Softest Safety in the NFL.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:06 pm

JnC4GB wrote:The next time I see Morgan Burnett really nail somebody WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN HIM REALLY NAIL SOMEBODY.

Softest Safety in the NFL.

The secondary played scared in this game. I don't think I've ever seen such a margin as when Bush was playing off Moss whenever Randy was in there. The 9ers played this game very conservatively. I would have had Moss in there for WAY more snaps and gone for the throat to put this contest out of reach early. The 9ers seriously could have put 50 up on that defrocked fucking version of an NFL D. They almost blew it and allowed the Pack back in the game. Take away that MO-killing INT of Rodgers...and it could have been a different outcome...but fortunately the Pack lost this one and thus are forced to suffer the pain that gives them their only hope of recognizing the urgency and pulling this D together in forming some sort of identity that can see them through...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Anyone see Hawk yesterday except in the locker room after the game?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:12 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Said far better than I could have. McCarthy and Capers need to pull their heads out of their asses stat.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down