Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revis: Jets may not have done enough to help Sanchez, offense

Go down

Revis: Jets may not have done enough to help Sanchez, offense Empty Revis: Jets may not have done enough to help Sanchez, offense

Post by Phil2010 Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:52 am

New York Jets fans are worried about the team’s offense. Jets star cornerback Darrelle Revis sounds worried, too.

Revis told Kimberly Martin of Newsday that he is uncertain the team’s front office has done enough to help quarterback Mark Sanchez be successful.

Darrelle Revis has been unafraid to speak his mind in the past, and that is again the case as he discussed the state of the team's offense. (AP Photo)
“You’ve got to do what’s best for the team, and I don’t know if we’ve been wise in that department,’’ Revis told Newsday.

Not a ringing endorsement from the team’s best player. With the Jets facing serious questions at wide receiver and right tackle, is there enough around Sanchez for him to be a top-10 quarterback?

“I don’t know,’’ Revis told Newsday, described as shaking his head.

“I don’t really know how this is going to pan out. I just hope they do what they need to do on offense. And not to divide this—I’m supporting those guys. I think the only thing you can do is be supportive. Right now it’s still preseason.”

However, the regular season is getting closer, and the Jets have not scored a touchdown in two preseason games. Another lackluster performance against the Panthers on Sunday night will only increase the concern.

The Jets have taken a major risk bringing Tim Tebow into the offensive mix, because of the attention he brings, and the criticism that will follow if their offense fizzles. General manager Mike Tannenbaum, coach Rex Ryan, and new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano have a lot riding on the Jets’ offensive performance. Right now, Revis does not sound convinced things will turn out well.

<<

Phil2010

Back to top Go down