Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat

Go down

Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat  Empty Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 pm

New York Jets' fans waited all spring and summer to see Tim Tebow unleashed in the team's new Wildcat offense. They're still waiting.

Head coach Rex Ryan didn't run the Tebow-based Wildcat at all on Friday night against the Cincinnati Bengals and claims the reason was an unusual agreement he made with his opposing coach, Marvin Lewis, before the exhibition game.

Ryan explained that the bengals coach called and asked him not too. The Jets coach has been boasting all summer about how afraid opposing defenses are going to be handling Tebow this season and claims Lewis' plea is just evidence of that fear.

"I know nobody's worried about Wildcat and all that stuff. It's real easy to stop," a sarcastic Ryan said last week. 'That's why I got a call at 7 a.m. the day before we played by Marvin not wanting to see the Wildcat. I guess I'm the only guy who thinks it has a place in the NFL... me and every defensive coach in the league."

Back to top Go down

Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat  Empty Re: Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Green is groovy, go, Jets, go! bounce

Back to top Go down

Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat  Empty Speaking of Wildcats

Post by LRJets Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat  Empty Re: Rex Ryan: Marvin Lewis asked me not to run the Wildcat

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down