Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO REGRETS FOR JIMMY HASLAM

Go down

NO REGRETS FOR JIMMY HASLAM Empty NO REGRETS FOR JIMMY HASLAM

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] New Browns owner Jimmy Haslam III has received a rude welcome to life in the NFL.

In the seven days since he bought the Browns for $1 billion, linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has gone down with a season-ending Achilles injury, top draft pick [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been scheduled for surgery to clean out his left knee and cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has reportedly failed a drug test, which could lead to a four-game suspension.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A change in ownership apparently hasn't changed the Browns' run of bad luck. Haslam, though, isn't expressing buyer's remorse.

"That's part of football," Haslam told reporters at Family Fun Night practice at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Stadium on Wednesday night. "I'm confident listening to everybody that we have a good, young team that's headed in the right direction."

Many have assumed that Haslam will want to put his stamp on the franchise and overhaul the major decision-makers on the team, which Browns fans are quite used to over the years. While Haslam hasn't made any decisions yet, he hinted that he won't make a change simply to make a change.

"They've averaged a new coach once every 2.8 years [since the franchise returned to Cleveland in 1999],'' Haslam told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], "and that's just not a good recipe."

Haslam added, "One thing I learned from watching the Steelers is the importance of consistency in coaching, and how much it sets you back when you're always making a change. When you change coaches, it can be a three- or four-year deal to get back."
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NO REGRETS FOR JIMMY HASLAM Empty Re: NO REGRETS FOR JIMMY HASLAM

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 pm

GeeeZZZZZZZ he doesn't own the Browns yet. Maybe they should wait until it's official?

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Dmounts wrote:GeeeZZZZZZZ he doesn't own the Browns yet. Maybe they should wait until it's official?
LOL, I didnt write the article, but we all know its going to happen, I dont think the NFL would allow it to not go through, even if every owner voted no, the NFL would pull a lotto Stern and put it through anyhow, the NFL knows Cleveland is good for them and regardless will happen, they would even allow a Don King to own them at this point.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:49 pm

The NFL OK'ed it, but I believe it won't take effect until October.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down