Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HASLAM BEING THE BROWNS NEW OWNER

Go down

HASLAM BEING THE BROWNS NEW OWNER Empty HASLAM BEING THE BROWNS NEW OWNER

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I am excited that the Browns has a new owner, but without Al Learner we might not have had a team in 1999 and for that I will always be greatful, we will never know how our Browns would have ended up if Mr.Learner wouldnt have passed away but we all know what a downfall the Browns organization took when his son took over, he didnt even live in Cleveland and only showed up when he HAD TOO, I honestly believe that Mr. Haslam will do the righht thing and finally hire the right people to run the so called WAR ROOM on draft day, the so called powers that were and still are in the front office did nothing but draft to fill needs 99% of the time and you CAN NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS by drafting for need, to win championships you HAVE TO DRAFT TO THEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE, and the same goes for free agency, I can only remember one time this team drafted the best available and one was this year when they took Trent ritchardson, they did get very lucky when they went after DQuell Jackson, he has turned into a damn fine LB since he has got over his injuries, they have traded draft picks to move up in the draft to take players like Quinn, Hardesty and so fourth and they were trash players just like I said they would be even before Cleveland drafted them, I can name more and the players I said the team should draft but the list is endless of players that should have been Mr. Irrelevant, like the time they passed up on Ladanilan Tomlinson and drafted Gerald Warren, Warren was a decent player but Tomlinson was the BEST player Available, I think Mr.Haslim is going to finally be that guy that makes sure that finally happens, all Browns fans have to agree that drafting for need does OT build winners, and Mr.Haslim is finally going to put this great rivalry between Pitt and Cleveland right back where it once was, THE BEST RIVALRY IN THE NFL, Not to mention build another one with Baltimore!!!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

HASLAM BEING THE BROWNS NEW OWNER Empty Re: HASLAM BEING THE BROWNS NEW OWNER

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:55 pm

I hate Lerner he should have never have been named owner. It was on his plane that the true cleveland browns fate was decided.

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Dmounts wrote:I hate Lerner he should have never have been named owner. It was on his plane that the true cleveland browns fate was decided.
Are you talking about Learner Sr or Jr? I think this would have been a totally different team if Al Learner Sr would have lived, sure they got off to a horrible start in 99 but the NFL had a little to do with that by not giving them enough notice like they did when Jacksonville and Carolina was given a franchise, but its all water now and it couldnt have came at a better time, well, yeah it could, like right after Sr passed away.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:46 pm

I think its major speculation to say the owner has to be here to win. Or that Haslam means a winner in any sense of the term. As usual fans see what they want to regardless of the facts.

I hope haslam means a winner but its hardly a fact at this point.

Al Lerner was big behind us losing the Browns in 95...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Tjeco wrote:I think its major speculation to say the owner has to be here to win. Or that Haslam means a winner in any sense of the term. As usual fans see what they want to regardless of the facts.

I hope haslam means a winner but its hardly a fact at this point.

Al Lerner was big behind us losing the Browns in 95...

Yes he was. He was our Bennidict Arnold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down