Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be practicing?

2 posters

Go down

Who will be practicing? Empty Who will be practicing?

Post by meiden Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 am

It's going to be interesting to see who is practicing by the time full practices start in about 8 or 9 days. There are some pretty big question marks surrounding some guys.

I know Vanden Bosch will likely follow the schedule from last year which is fine...it means he is ready to play. The guys who have had health problems in the final stages of last year that may be at least limited are Fairley, Houston, Cherilus, Delmas, Berry, Spievey, Backus and maybe another one or two. I think most of those were participating in OTAs w/o missing work so I guess they will all be fully participating in camp. Backus may be the one they hold back a little.

Bigger injury question marks are Broyles, Leshoure, and best all of whom might start on the PUP.

Finally we have Rieff and Avril who are still not signed.

Did I miss anybody?

The Lions really need as many of the potential contributors in camp as possible. Let's see where we stand in a little over a week. My guess is that Avril, Broyles, Leshoure, Best, Backus, Delmas and Fairley are at least limited and maybe a few on the PUP.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Who will be practicing? Empty Re: Who will be practicing?

Post by Dawildboar Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:54 pm

The Lions really need as many of the potential contributors in camp as possible. Let's see where we stand in a little over a week. My guess is that Avril, Broyles, Leshoure, Best, Backus, Delmas and Fairley are at least limited and maybe a few on the PUP.

Avril won't be there until after the 2nd presseason game, I wouldn't.

Broyles, would be nice to see but I think they go slow, he'll probably get the training camp that Titus did, not much of one.

Leshoure, he's a big part of the team, get him in the flow the sooner the better. He's arranged a 2 week rest at the beginning of the season...My guess is the 3rd week they start testing him.

Best...Not sure at all, part of me wants him to retire. If he starts on the PUP, he's got serious issues and I don't think I'd want to be the one to put him in a game.

I'd like to see them rest Backus like they do Vanden Bosch, what the hell does he have to prove?

Big year for Delmas, I think he starts slow in training camp but he's out there from day one.

I want to see Fairley sweating and I'd be surprised to see him off the field except to gather his breath and take a drink of water.

FEARLESS FORECAST: Reiff won't miss a day....
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 pm

[quote="Dawildboar"]The Lions really need as many of the potential contributors in camp as possible. Let's see where we stand in a little over a week. My guess is that Avril, Broyles, Leshoure, Best, Backus, Delmas and Fairley are at least limited and maybe a few on the PUP.

Boar, why do you think it's OK for Avril to miss all of camp? Don't you think it's important that the Lions have as little distraction as possible and that they should all be working for the same goal? I absolutely will lose some respect for Avril if he holds out for more than a couple of days. I see no personal good that can come from a holdout. It would be just childish on Avril's part.

Broyles, would be nice to see but I think they go slow, he'll probably get the training camp that Titus did, not much of one.

Which would make this even more of a waste of a draft pick. We all saw how that effected Titus. He was MUCH more effective and consistent in the second half of the season.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 am

Boar, why do you think it's OK for Avril to miss all of camp? Don't you think it's important that the Lions have as little distraction as possible and that they should all be working for the same goal? I absolutely will lose some respect for Avril if he holds out for more than a couple of days. I see no personal good that can come from a holdout. It would be just childish on Avril's part.

He's not under contract...Why risk getting injured during training camp? Avril has every reason to be in shape and ready to play at a high level for the season. He also has every reason to make sure he's healthy at the end of the season. The best way to insure that, is to limit the chances to get injured...show up for the 3rd game of preseason in football shape, which I'm sure he is in. It's not a new system, he knows what he's got to do.

Which would make this even more of a waste of a draft pick. We all saw how that effected Titus. He was MUCH more effective and consistent in the second half of the season.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:34 pm

reiff has signed and will be there on time.

Back to top Go down

Who will be practicing? Empty 3 Rookies not participating

Post by meiden Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Didn't expect this. Three rookies will be watching for at least the first part of camp. Not like they need the work!

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down