Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* Morris Claiborne : "I'm not holding out"

Go down

* Morris Claiborne : "I'm not holding out" Empty * Morris Claiborne : "I'm not holding out"

Post by KeithUCF Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne, the sixth overall pick in the NFL draft, vows that ongoing contract negotiations won't prevent him from reporting to camp on time.

"I'll patiently wait," Claiborne told the Shreveport Times this week at an appearance in his hometown. "I'm not in no hurry. You hear a lot of talk about people saying I'm holding out. No, I'm not holding out. I'm going to camp signed or not signed. It don''t matter."

Bus Cook, Claiborne's agent, told ESPNDallas.com last week that he didn't know whether the former LSU star would be signed by the time the Cowboys opened training camp.

Eight of the top 10 picks in the draft, including Claiborne, have yet to sign. The primary issue in these negotiations is the offset language of the deals, which addresses whether the team is responsible for the full guaranteed value of the contract if the player is cut and signs with another team. NFL teams typically want any salary the player earns with another team to be subtracted from the amount the drafting team is obligated to pay.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down