Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Captain loves her anyway...

Go down

the Captain loves her anyway... Empty the Captain loves her anyway...

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Mangold turns down trip to cheer on his sister during Jets’ camp

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 30, 2012, 6:59 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s sister, Holley Mangold, is a weightlifter who will compete at the London Olympics this summer. Nick won’t be there to see her, but not because the Jets won’t let him leave during training camp.

Nick said on NFL Network that Jets coach Rex Ryan offered him the chance to miss a few days of training camp to travel to London to cheer his sister on, just as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to miss time at training camp to watch his Olympic sprinter wife. But Nick didn’t think it would be right to take a vacation while his teammates were sweating through the summer heat.

“God bless Rex because he did offer it to me, but I don’t think I can leave my guys in the middle of training camp,” Mangold said. “But we’ll figure out a way to watch, and I’m real excited and real proud for her. Somehow, some way, I’ll watch it. But I don’t know if I can do the jump over the pond in the middle of training camp.”

At 5-foot-9 and 350 pounds, Holley Mangold is seven inches shorter and 43 pounds heavier than Nick. She recently told the Los Angeles Times that she’s proud to be built like an offensive lineman, which she was in high school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Holley Mangold said. “I love my body. I think it’s perfect. I don’t know what my personality would be like if I wasn’t so huge.”

Alluring is one word that comes to mind, Holley... Very Happy

Back to top Go down