Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROETHLISBERGER ASKS HIS WR's TO BE PATIENT WITH HIM

Go down

ROETHLISBERGER ASKS HIS WR's TO BE PATIENT WITH HIM Empty ROETHLISBERGER ASKS HIS WR's TO BE PATIENT WITH HIM

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

<p>

(function() {
/* define adPath */
nfl.createVideoPlayer({
contentId: "09000d5d8294c8a2",

related: "game",

adSetting: "1",

size: "large",
dartURL: "http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/nfl.news/story;s1=story;slot=inpage;url=story;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;prtnr=around-the-league;team=pit;conf=afc;dvsn=acn;plyr=isaac_redman;plyr=benjamin_roethlisberger;tile=10;test=;sz=640x360;ord=" + (nfl.constants.AD_RANDOM || window.adRandom) + "?",
html5DartURL: ("http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/nfl.news/story/html5;s1=story;player=html5;slot=inpage;url=story;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;prtnr=around-the-league;team=pit;conf=afc;dvsn=acn;plyr=isaac_redman;plyr=benjamin_roethlisberger;tile=10;test=;sz=640x360{dcopt};ord=" + (window.adRandom || nfl.constants.AD_RANDOM) + "?").replace('{dcopt}',''),
uniqid: "v09000d5d8294f068"
});
}());

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]HQ video delivered by Akamai

Two days into OTAs, it sounds like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hasn't quite cracked the "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" that is the new [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] offense. He's been trying to tell his receivers to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

"I tried to tell (them) don't get frustrated because I know you're used to getting a lot more balls, but this is how it was my rookie year," Roethlisberger said, via The Associated Press. "I know what one guy does and I go to him. If he's not open, I start scrambling."

That's what Roethlisberger excels at. But new offensive coordinator Todd Haley is trying to teach Roethlisberger to play more from the pocket.

"I know that I'm supposed to get rid of the ball, stay in the pockets and not get hits," Roethlisberger. "I guess I better learn where the protections are coming from so I don't get hit."

These quotes may inspire some hang-wringing that the Steelers are taking away what Big Ben does best. But it's May, and it makes sense for the team to be focusing on the fundamentals of staying in the pocket. When the games start, he can start improvising again.

Still, it's clear that fundamental aspects of the Steelers offense is changing. They have added fullbacks. They have more tight ends on the field. And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the team is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Everything old is new again in Pittsburgh. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <-----JUST IN CASE VIDEO DONT OPEN
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down