Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The schedule

Go down

The schedule Empty The schedule

Post by duck Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 am

Let the discussion of the new schedule begin!

For starters, it is considered to be the second easiest schedule overall, in terms of "strength of schedule". Personally, I think that is one of the most misleading statistics thrown around because it's always based on the previous year's performance... and in today's NFL, team fortunes rise and fall overnight. I guarantee you that some of the games we circle as tough contests will end up being laughers and some of the games we expect to be cake walks will be nail biters.

However, accepting the SOS rating for what it is, I don't like the fact that our tougher games are supposedly front loaded. More to the point, I don't like the fact that that means the rest of our schedule is softer. I would much rather see Green Bay play lots of quality opponents at the end of the season, instead of the beginning. The relative performances of the 2010 and 2011 squads perfectly describe my concern: the 2010 team had a series of "must win" games at the end and had to keep its mental edge; the 2011 team had compiled a lofty record and was on cruise control. McCarthy will never admit it but I feel complacency and overconfidence became issues for this team at the end.

Five prime time match ups are a good thing, for both the players and especially the fans, and that was to be expected for a team of Green Bay's calibre. I like the fact that most of the games are on Sunday, as that adds consistency to the players' routine.

I like the late bye week too. The later the season goes, the more injuries accumulate, and so the later rest week could be more beneficial.

Finally, I love the fact that the Packers open against the Niners. I've already got the first play sketched out. Niners send Moss deep and the Packers' replacement for Collins (whoever TT drafts) gets overzealous and hammers the bejeezus out of the old man. No catch. Pass interference. Moss goes out with a career ending injury. Packers later win the game. HD weeps from his barstool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The schedule Empty Re: The schedule

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Finally, I love the fact that the Packers open against the Niners. I've already got the first play sketched out. Niners send Moss deep and the Packers' replacement for Collins (whoever TT drafts) gets overzealous and hammers the bejeezus out of the old man. No catch. Pass interference. Moss goes out with a career ending injury. Packers later win the game. HD weeps from his barstool.

You have a very active fantasy module, my friend... That is a very good quality to have. In your honor--I will do my best to spend those 4 clams somehow related to the fulfillment of a yet unlived fantasy. Hmmmm...just off the top--how much do you suppose Mr. Tinucci would charge to paint BBQ sauce all over Thor and let Randy's dog lick him clean? That might be amusing on an otherwise dull night... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Well, it might be worth $400 to watch if Mr. Tinucci smears BBQ sauce all over the dog and Thor licks it off.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:47 pm

duck wrote:Well, it might be worth $400 to watch if Mr. Tinucci smears BBQ sauce all over the dog and Thor licks it off.

Thor requires new experiences to keep his giddy-up shifted in GO...and I see right here that BBQ fur tongue is nothing new to a superduper hero like our boy Thor... study

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Thor11 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Well, it might be worth $400 to watch if Mr. Tinucci smears BBQ sauce all over the dog and Thor licks it off.

Thor requires new experiences to keep his giddy-up shifted in GO...and I see right here that BBQ fur tongue is nothing new to a superduper hero like our boy Thor... study

I'm glad to see you and Duck have learned a thing two about you're beloved friend Thor (skewed somewhat...as usual)...but at least my aura is always round about you and that I'm in your heads....mission accomplished...

So don't forget it,,,, my dear midgits.

Skewed somewhat? Come on Thor--you know I'd never judge you... If you like to lick a little poodle ass from time-to-time--who I am to say what condiments you should choose to help make that li'l doggie bark at the the moon with a satisfied li'l doggie smile, eh? Very Happy

THOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down