Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crunch Time

2 posters

Go down

Crunch Time Empty Crunch Time

Post by milani Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:40 pm

The free agency frenzy will shortly become official. My gut feeling is that Cobb and Tramon will go. Cobb will wind up with a bottom feeder with no one to throw to him ( Similar to Jennings and Jones ). TT spent the bulk on ARod, Matthews, and Nelson. I believe he will go with draft picks and possibly get a bargain basement pick up in July or August.

As for Bulaga I think this can and should be done. Good right tackles in Packer history are rare much to say great. If you find a Forrest Gregg you keep him for life. Rodgers has to be protected and Lacy needs that opening to deliver knock out blows to the secondary. Tauscher and Earl Dotson were pretty good but not great.

On the other hand we have usually found receivers. Although not necessarily great they have had the luxury of catching balls from HOF QBs.
It's unfortunate that James Lofton and Paul Coffman never really got to play with one.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Crunch Time Empty Re: Crunch Time

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:24 pm

I would hate to see Cobb go elsewhere.   Cobb gets Rodgers and McCarthy out of tight jams time after time after time.   Cobbs intangibles are worth an inflated salary IMHO.   We shall see how this free agency and draft period plays out.  Without Bulaga the line would likely revert back to T-I- H-S forcing fits by others.    Oh well.........LOL LOL   Basketball
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Crunch Time Empty Re: Crunch Time

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick