Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left

4 posters

Go down

When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left Empty When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left

Post by guppy Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left Empty Re: When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left

Post by Toddseahawks Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Seattle lost to Seattle. That was a great game though..
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left Empty Re: When you strip away all the bullshit, this is what's left

Post by guppy Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:04 am

Toddseahawks wrote:Seattle lost to Seattle. That was a great game though..

Great game for sure.  Beastmode would have been stuffed at the line of scrimage or behind it had he been given the ball.  Warren Moon, Seattle's radio game announcer, said the pass play was a good play call for the situation.  His words, not mine.  But Wilson and Lockett paid the price for terrible execution of it.  

So actually Seattle did not lose to Seattle, they lost to undrafted free agent Malcolm Butler.   The young man stopped the hawks from a position on the field that the only reason they were there in the first place was a lucky one-in-a-million bobbling catch.  Seattle lost because of that.  Oh, and because of the G.O.A.T. QB playing and passing brilliantly and flawlessly (8 for 8 ) against the fabled LOB on the game winning drive late in the 4th Q.

You oversimplify.  Your attempt to somehow diminish the Patriots victory, as if the plays NE actually made somehow count less than the plays Seattle did not make fails.

But, I agree, great game.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 pm

You oversimplify.  Your attempt to somehow diminish the Patriots victory, as if the plays NE actually made somehow count less than the plays Seattle did not make fails.

You're funny. Well, not really, but you make me laugh anyway. 

Beastmode would have been stuffed at the line of scrimage or behind it had he been given the ball.

Stop! Please! lol!
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 pm

George1963 wrote:You oversimplify.  Your attempt to somehow diminish the Patriots victory, as if the plays NE actually made somehow count less than the plays Seattle did not make fails.

You're funny. Well, not really, but you make me laugh anyway. 

Beastmode would have been stuffed at the line of scrimage or behind it had he been given the ball.

Stop! Please! lol!

f]]Speaking of funny, I didn't even have to read your post, I just saw your name there that you posted, and knew automatically the tone and basic substance of it.  

Totally predicable, considering the source.  

So I guess you place more emphasis on plays that weren't made where no one can be certain how they would turn out than plays that actually are made?  Got it.  You know what we call that?   Well, never mind.  Who cares?  I say let everyone live in their own fantasies of "IF ONLY...".  Makes no difference to me.  

Can't wait for that 4th banner to be unfurled at Gillette in September.  The fireworks.  The noise.  The crowd.  The atmosphere.  Its going to be just spectacular.  

So just like our Seahawks friend Todd whose post consisted only of "Seattle beat Seattle", not a single word of congratulations to the Patriots, you're in the same boat.  Not a single word of giving the proper credit to the Patriots for actually making the plays that won the game.  Nope.  Focus on a "play" that Seattle didn't run, never took place, and even if it did, obviously there's no guarantee how it would turn out against a goal line defense (Lynch was 1-5, something like that, from the 1 yard line during the season).  Just being Captain Obvious and saying in general "great game" is nothing.  Believe me, I could not care less.  Lacks class, is all.  But no surprise there, so whatever.  

Over all, I have more sensible discussions with bitter rival NY Jets fans and Giants fans than I've ever had with any Colts or Steelers fans (very fragile psyches, those people).  So predictable.  lol!

As far as Seahawk fans in general, I spoke to a friend (big Pats fan) who was at the game in Arizona, and after the game he said the Seahawks fans were extremely nice to him and to all the Patriots fans.  They were all congratulating him and the Patriots and were extremely gracious, he said.  It would be the rare exception to see anywhere near that same degree of class from butt hurt Colts or fragile Steeler fans.

[b][b]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:54 pm

So I guess you place more emphasis on plays that weren't made where no one can be certain how they would turn out than plays that actually are made?  Got it.  You know what we call that?   Well, never mind.  Who cares?  I say let everyone live in their own fantasies of "IF ONLY...".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I've heard you say, more than once, that the Pats were two plays away from having 5 Super Bowls.*
Am I wrong about that?

Speaking of funny, I didn't even have to read your post, I just saw your name there that you posted, and knew automatically the tone and basic substance of it.

I could have written this myself.

*Funny thing is, you could have just as easily said they were 3, now 4, plays away from having none. Not that you ever would.

But you could.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:15 pm

(Lynch was 1-5, something like that, from the 1 yard line during the season)

He didn't run all those plays against the Pats. Had he, he might have done better. They were 1-6 against rushes from the 1.
And BTW, the 4 times Lynch was stuffed at the 1 in 2014? The Seahawks scored on the next play every time.

Last edited by George1963 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:20 pm

So I guess you place more emphasis on plays that weren't made where no one can be certain how they would turn out than plays that actually are made?

Not sure about that, but I'm sure that saying, "Beastmode would have been stuffed at the line of scrimage or behind it had he been given the ball." is moronic. Or maybe it's an opinion. And you're not allowed to have those here.
That has been made very clear.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 pm

George1963 wrote:So I guess you place more emphasis on plays that weren't made where no one can be certain how they would turn out than plays that actually are made?

Not sure about that, but I'm sure that saying, "Beastmode would have been stuffed at the line of scrimage or behind it had he been given the ball." is moronic. Or maybe it's an opinion. And you're not allowed to have those here.
That has been made very clear.

What's been made very clear, as far as giving opinions go, is that when it comes to giving opinions regarding anything whatsoever New England Patriots, you are a one trick pony.  
Bash.  Bash.  Bash.  Nothing but bash.

Been going on for years.  If I see that you posted regarding NE, even before I click on the link to open it, I pretty much always know the gist of what you're going to say.  To consistently bash the organization, owner, head coach, fans, or me is like some weird need you have.  You always spring into action to do it.  You used to bash the QB just as harshly as the others, but I would say you have toned that down.  I guess the reality of his play must have forced at least a smidgen of reluctant respect from you.  Or maybe not.  Who knows?  

If Todd can throw out a thinly veiled attempt to tarnish or diminish the Patriots victory by limiting his summary of the game to simply "Seattle beat Seattle", then I can come back with "Beastmode would have been stuffed."  Why not?  

If you want to be a sport or show good sportsmanship after losing, don't give me that "Seattle beat Seattle" crap.  Be an actual and genuine good sport and tip your cap (like Terrell Suggs and Richard Sherman both did, ironically).  If not, then hey, I'm just as entitled to come back and say things like, "Even if the Beastfellow did score, then Brady, even with the little time he would have had left, could have gotten the Pats into FG range for the tie with just a couple of laser accurate pass plays.  No doubt he would have done so. And then the Pats would have gone on win it in OT, again thanks to brilliant and clutch QB play."  Why not?  TB12 was having no trouble whatsoever slicing up the great Legion of Boom in the second half.  So I say get outta my face with that insulting "Seattle beat Seattle" crap.  New England beat Seattle.  Accept it and deal with it like a man.  Todd didn't.  I responded in kind.  Then you jumped in and did your usual thing.  

But I told you, I truly don't care.  My sports focus now is: 1) Can the Red Sox revamped lineup make any kind of run this year, and will they at least be interesting enough to watch? and 2) Just looking forward to a great ceremony when World Championship Banner Number 4 is unfurled at the stadium in September.  Been waiting a decade for it, so its going to be very cool and a celebration that I am definitely going to enjoy to the fullest.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:07 pm

What's been made very clear, as far as giving opinions go, is that when it comes to giving opinions regarding anything whatsoever New England Patriots, you are a one trick pony.  

FU. FU. FU. Nothing but FU. You're so freaking defensive about your fraud team that the first negative thing said about them you freak. That's how this escalated. Can't even talk about it before you start acting like a high school girl who got caught cheating. And that's exactly what Pats fans do when there's even an allegation. Just like a 15 year old girl. "Who said it? Well, she's a slut too! It doesn't mean anything! It's not like I fucked him! Everybody does it! OMG you're bringing THAT up again? That was like, FOREVER ago! You're the only one who even cares about this!"

Yep. Never said anything positive about the Patriots. Ever. And you don't act like a normal human most of the time and a cornered rat whenever they're caught at something.
Yep.

Just looking forward to a great ceremony when World Championship Banner Number 4 is unfurled at the stadium in September.  Been waiting a decade for it, so its going to be very cool and a celebration that I am definitely going to enjoy to the fullest.

I friend of mine works for the Las Vegas Sun. They have pre-written obituaries ready to go for famous people. There's a guy who updates them all the time so they'll be as rtg as possible if needed.
The first paragraphs of BB and TBs were changed last month.
So were the second.
Enjoy the legacy.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:58 am

George1963 wrote:

FU. FU. FU. Nothing but FU. You're so freaking defensive about your fraud team

The Patriots just had a remarkable season, going all the way in dramatic fashion, and what do we get from you?  Absolutely zero that was positive or in any way, shape or fashion giving credit where credit is due.  Zero.  In contrast, you - as you always do - go the other way.  "fraud team"?  LMAO.   When children do that just because they are disappointed in the outcome, we adults call them "poor sports" and we try to teach them to be better people.  Thanks for proving my point.  

Enjoy the legacy.

I already do.  Its the BEST there is in sports. 

And you enjoy your continual pathetic attempts to discredit it at every turn since that's obviously one of the main things you're into in life.

Well, at least one opponent showed some class after being defeated, and by doing so gained my respect:

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 am

George1963 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I've heard you say, more than once, that the Pats were two plays away from having 5 Super Bowls.*
Am I wrong about that?

I will correct you.  At the same time I no doubt said the Pats were two plays away from having 5 Superbowls, I also said the Giants get all the credit in the world and deserved their victories because they made the plays that won the games.  They were actual plays that were made....just like Jermaine Kerse's bobbling catch, which was a play that was actually made.  Unlike the idea of handing the ball off to Lynch, which was not a play, not even an attempt at a play, just a thought in people's heads.  The play was never run, the attempt was never made.  THE PLAY  that was actually made was made by Malcolm Butler.  So just like David Tyree made the play, and Mario Maningham made the play, Malcolm Butler made the play.  I said I agreed with Tedy Bruschi who said, the Giants were the better team each time, and that's why they won.  Giants were better, period.  Yes, the Pats were two plays away from 5, but bottom line, they did not make those plays.  End of story.  The Giants were the deserving champs and nothing takes away from that. 

The amount of credit and congratulations I gave the Giants is light years greater than any credit or nod you ever gave to the Patriots.

And fuck you with that * above.  More garbage.  And YOU talk about high school girls!  Pffft. smh.

As the Patriots flag is now flying at NFL Films Headquarters in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, I don't see any * there, do you? 

Now lets all get ready for George's angry comeback because I called him out on his bullshit, in 3...2...1.....

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 pm

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't tell anyone but I agree 100%.  Congrats on having one of the best teams in NFL history.  

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:08 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:

Don't tell anyone but I agree 100%.  Congrats on having one of the best teams in NFL history.  

Thank you Die.  Much appreciated -- even more so coming from a Steelers fan.  Its funny, but you're the only one single person on this entire forum to offer congrats after the superbowl.  Correction, Sheila, a Giants fan, was very classy too, as she always is. 

Its been fun.  The only thing that would make it even more fun is if Mummy was still around.  I'd be interested in his current views on Brady's "decline" that he was predicting with such certainty, oh about six or seven years ago, something like that.  LOL.

And don't worry, you're secret's safe with me.  Wink

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:54 pm

guppy wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Thank you Die.  Much appreciated -- even more so coming from a Steelers fan.  Its funny, but you're the only one single person on this entire forum to offer congrats after the superbowl.  Correction, Sheila, a Giants fan, was very classy too, as she always is. 

Its been fun.  The only thing that would make it even more fun is if Mummy was still around.  I'd be interested in his current views on Brady's "decline" that he was predicting with such certainty, oh about six or seven years ago, something like that.  LOL.

And don't worry, you're secret's safe with me.  Wink

Mummy would never admit he was wrong on anything without qualifying it with some sort of excuse.  And I promise you that no matter what evidence we offered up to prove that Tom Brady is indeed on of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, he would refuse to ever accept that as fact unless somehow Tom Brady ended up playing for the Steelers.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Mummy would never admit he was wrong on anything without qualifying it with some sort of excuse.  And I promise you that no matter what evidence we offered up to prove that Tom Brady is indeed on of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, he would refuse to ever accept that as fact unless somehow Tom Brady ended up playing for the Steelers.

Oh, I know, he's one of a kind alright.  His take was/is always 100% predictable since there is no real thinking going on there.  He's merely a parrot repeating the same nonsense over and over, reality be damned.  We always knew what we were getting though: the same act over and over - just like a wind-up toy monkey.  Funny at first, because he was so ridiculous, he became boring pretty quickly.  Sick fuck that I am, I just liked to poke him and force him to confront his own mistakes and errors so as to provoke his typical signature denials that I could then make a mockery of, especially regarding Brady.  Sick, right?  I know.  The more obvious the facts were, the stronger his denials became.  In the end, pretty much everyone who read his stuff realized that it was his own words, not mine or others, whereby he reduced himself to being nothing more than the court jester.  Good for a few laughs, not to be taken seriously. jocolor  

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:16 pm

guppy wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Oh, I know, he's one of a kind alright.  His take was/is always 100% predictable since there is no real thinking going on there.  He's merely a parrot repeating the same nonsense over and over, reality be damned.  We always knew what we were getting though: the same act over and over - just like a wind-up toy monkey.  Funny at first, because he was so ridiculous, he became boring pretty quickly.  Sick fuck that I am, I just liked to poke him and force him to confront his own mistakes and errors so as to provoke his typical signature denials that I could then make a mockery of, especially regarding Brady.  Sick, right?  I know.  The more obvious the facts were, the stronger his denials became.  In the end, pretty much everyone who read his stuff realized that it was his own words, not mine or others, whereby he reduced himself to being nothing more than the court jester.  Good for a few laughs, not to be taken seriously. jocolor  

Lol...you've got it.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down