Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured

3 posters

Go down

Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured Empty Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured

Post by JhnK307 Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2015, 7:32 PM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]AP
Packers quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has played very well in recent weeks, despite a calf injury.  So how has Rodgers played so well with the injury?
Seahawks safety [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has an apparent theory:  Rodgers isn’t injured at all.
“I’m not buying into this leg issue,” safety Earl Thomas told reporters on Thursday.  “I’m not buying into it.  I saw him scramble close to the goal line on the Cowboys, so he’s not fooling me with that.”
Reminded that Rodgers still didn’t look like his usual self, Thomas didn’t budge.
“I’m not falling into that,” Thomas said.  “I’m on my own road regardless.  I’m on my road regardless.”
The deeper message from Thomas may be that he’s not going to allow himself to think that he’ll be facing anything other than a fully-functioning Aaron Rodgers.
“We know he’s a little banged up but he looks just fine to me in that last game — he was making most of his throws, he didn’t scramble as much and get out of the pocket as he’s done in the past, but for the most part, he’s making all of his throws and he looks just fine,” linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] told reporters.  “So we’re going to treat him like he’s healthy and like he’s 100 percent.”
Added safety [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:   “That’s the mentality you’ve got to have. . . .  You don’t want any surprises so just go in with that mentality, and you won’t be surprised.
It’s smart to assume Rodgers will be healthy, since it’ll be much easier to adjust to Rodgers being less mobile than it will to be to adjust to quarterback who can both throw and run at the highest levels.
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured Empty Re: Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured

Post by milani Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Good way to think. But make no mistake. Rodgers is injured. He ran nicely for a 1st down on the late 2nd quarter TD drive against Detroit. A couple plays later he is laid out.
The dude had to hop up field to get to the line after a long play by Cobb last Sunday. A number of times he could have taken off even on the sack fumble against Dallas but he did not because of the injury. Next year we face Seattle again during the season. They'll see a more nimble QB then.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured Empty Re: Earl Thomas doesn’t believe Aaron Rodgers is injured

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 pm

He'll have time to heal his ouchy now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down