Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A win's a win.

3 posters

Go down

A win's a win. Empty A win's a win.

Post by Rick Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:39 am

Just when I thought it was safe to come in off the ledge they do that.
Ah well, it looks like Brady's no longer trade bait (or his stock is rising tongue ) and it's a AFCE win, so I'll take it.

Rick

Back to top Go down

A win's a win. Empty Re: A win's a win.

Post by guppy Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Rick wrote:Just when I thought it was safe to come in off the ledge they do that.
Ah well, it looks like Brady's no longer trade bait (or his stock is rising tongue ) and it's a AFCE win, so I'll take it.

So are you on the ledge or taken a step back?  I never thought it was going to be a blowout, and even though its a cliche, you really do throw records out the window when these two play.  But the Jets did not punt at all in the first half, and I really thought our defense would have a better showing than that, even without Mayo.  But give the Jets and Geno credit for sustaining those drives.  And the Offensive Coordinator too for calling some nice plays for Geno.   

Definitely we'll take it, considering how our linebackers sans Mayo got gashed by Chris Ivory and the Jets O-Line.  Now I want to keep an eye on the Jets run game vs. other teams and see how they do because they really did look strong.  Our defense could not get off the field on third downs, thus the huge Time of Possession for NY, but at least they held them to FGs time after time instead of TDs, so that's something at least.

One other good thing was that this year Chris Jones was not flagged for 15 yds for "unsportsmanlike for pushing a teammate into the formation", thus giving Folk a second chance at a much easier kick to win it, like what happened last year.  What goes around comes around.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Find an end zone angle on this play. Not 100% sure when officials started warning players to move before they got a penalty, but it is what it is.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Rick wrote:Just when I thought it was safe to come in off the ledge they do that.
Hey! The Patriots are in great shape. They got through the iron of their schedule 5-2, now they get to play the weak sisters for a while.
I can easily see them at 11-2 in December.
Really:lol!:
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

George1963 wrote:
Hey! The Patriots are in great shape. They got through the iron of their schedule 5-2, now they get to play the weak sisters for a while.

Oh, here we go.  George getting all brave and uppity now just because he's riding high on what looks to be the best offense in the NFL.  LOL. 

Remember one thing George in between your evil cackles.   You're still a dome team, and winter is coming.  LOL. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:12 pm

George1963 wrote:Find an end zone angle on this play. Not 100% sure when officials started warning players to move before they got a penalty, but it is what it is.

Another tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist?  I thought you were better than that.  LOL.

If I were the Jets in that situation I'd be embarrassed to be aided by five cheap undeserved yards on some pre-snap technicality bullshit.  I'd want to actually win the game with my play, unaided by some undeserved artificial help. 

It is what it is for sure.  Chris Jones would have blocked the FG try regardless.  As I said, after the screw job last year, what goes around comes around.  Very Happy
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:30 pm

George1963 wrote:Find an end zone angle on this play. Not 100% sure when officials started warning players to move before they got a penalty, but it is what it is.

I couldn't find a suitable end zone angle.

But I did find a good side line one.  Hope this helps.
Smile

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:48 pm

George1963 wrote:

Not 100% sure when officials started warning players to move before they got a penalty, but it is what it is.

The officials should actually do it more. 

Don't slow down the pace of the game with stupid technical calls about formations before the ball is snapped.  Let the actual execution of the plays decide the outcome.

Here is an official doing it in the Broncos-Cardinals game with 7:30 to go in the second quarter.

Here is one in the Car-Cincy game with 3:54 remaining.

And in any case, Hightower is more than a yard back away from the snapper, so he's OK right there.

Finally, Hightower, the guy that the ref tapped on the shoulder, is just standing there on the play and not doing anything as far as trying to block the FG.  WTF Hightower?  But don't worry, your teammates made the clean block without your help.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:15 am

Not 100% sure when officials started warning players to move before they got a penalty, but it is what it is.

No. They shouldn't do it at all.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:32 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Oh, here we go.  George getting all brave and uppity now just because he's riding high on what looks to be the best offense in the NFL.  LOL. 

Remember one thing George in between your evil cackles.   You're still a dome team, and winter is coming.  LOL. 

If things work out, winter for the Colts will consist of one game in early December.
In Cleveland.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:31 pm

George1963 wrote:Not 100% sure when officials started warning players to move before they got a penalty, but it is what it is.

No. They shouldn't do it at all.

Player safety man.  Player safety.

More important than minor pre-snap technicalities.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

George1963 wrote:

If things work out, winter for the Colts will consist of one game in early December.
In Cleveland.

You want a first round bye and home field too? 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down