Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George's plan

4 posters

Go down

George's plan Empty George's plan

Post by Rick Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:13 pm

I thought you said the Colts were on a four year plan. It looks like they're pretty close in year three.

Rick

Back to top Go down

George's plan Empty Re: George's plan

Post by guppy Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Rick wrote:I thought you said the Colts were on a four year plan. It looks like they're pretty close in year three.

Andrew Luck is special, no question. 

If you polled Indy fans right now, today, would they say not re-signing Peyton was the right move or the wrong move?  What % would say "right move"?  What % would say "wrong move"?

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:57 am

Rick wrote:I thought you said the Colts were on a four year plan. It looks like they're pretty close in year three.

This is year four. Year one was when they deviously got the number 1 pick by deliberately tanking the 2011 season. Remember?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:03 am

guppy wrote:

If you polled Indy fans right now, today, would they say not re-signing Peyton was the right move or the wrong move?  What % would say "right move"?  What % would say "wrong move"?

There's a discussion on a Colts board right now.
It's about 75/25 right/wrong.
The 25 can't seem to grasp the concept that while Luck isn't as good as Manning just yet, Luck plus $18,000,000 in cap space is much better than Manning.
Much, MUCH better
Shitloads better.
They just can't get that.
Stupid 25%.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 am

George1963 wrote:
Year one was when they deviously got the number 1 pick by deliberately tanking the 2011 season. Remember?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:38 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
Year one was when they deviously got the number 1 pick by deliberately tanking the 2011 season. Remember?

Right.

On to Cincinnati.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 pm

George1963 wrote:
On to Cincinnati.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." 
                               -  BB

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
On to Cincinnati.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." 
                               -  BB

Imitation,  derision, who can tell the difference?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 am

George1963 wrote:

Imitation,  derision, who can tell the difference?

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 am

Article:   "Ten teams that could become a dynasty within the next ten years"

1. Indianapolis Colts
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Andrew Luck could be the best NFL QB ever when it’s all said and done
There used to be some debate as to who the best quarterback of the 2012 class was. Andrew Luck, who’s made an enormous leap forward in his third season, has settled that question. He’s the best young passer in the game and will only get better as time goes on and he learns the finer points of beating NFL defenses. Luck has a ridiculous array of wide receivers and a great working relationship with Chuck Pagano. Now that the defense is finally pulling its weight the sky is the limit for the Colts.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

The 25 can't seem to grasp the concept that while Luck isn't as good as Manning just yet, Luck plus $18,000,000 in cap space is much better than Manning.
Much, MUCH better
Shitloads better.
Stupid 25%.

Besides the reasons you already mentioned,   it came down to Manning for another 3 or 4 years or Luck for a possible 15 more years......I didn`t like it at the time but I also understood it was the right thing to do......No player is greater than the team.....It was the right move due to the salary considerations and for the long term stability of the franchise.....It`s worked out for everyone involved......Still root for Peyton except for when he faces the Colts.........Hello everyone,  it`s been awhile.

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 am

Stampede wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Much, MUCH better
Shitloads better.
Stupid 25%.

Besides the reasons you already mentioned,   it came down to Manning for another 3 or 4 years or Luck for a possible 15 more years......I didn`t like it at the time but I also understood it was the right thing to do......No player is greater than the team.....It was the right move due to the salary considerations and for the long term stability of the franchise.....It`s worked out for everyone involved......Still root for Peyton except for when he faces the Colts.........Hello everyone,  it`s been awhile.

I should have worked another 2% in there. Those who wanted to keep them both. According to a recent article Polian was in that group and I have to admit, so was I.
Looking back though that made no sense. Luck didn't need to sit and having PM, even as strong as he came back, wouldn't have changed the final outcomes of '12-'13 much IMO.  It was not just the right move it was the only move.
Anyone who still thinks they should have kept him is just being nostalgic. I actually got an e-mail this morning saying PM should have broken the TD record as a Colt.
I wrote back "Wait a while. A Colt will eventually break it."
Good to see you again Stamp.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Stampede wrote:
......No player is greater than the team.

Hmmm.  Interesting concept.  I think I remember hearing something like during past discussions of "The Patriot Way".  

It seems the Colts have learned well from NE's example.  LOL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:31 pm

George1963 wrote:

Someone once said, "Records can be broken, but championships are forever." 

Don't know who that was though.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:12 pm

guppy wrote:
Stampede wrote:

Hmmm.  Interesting concept.  I think I remember hearing something like during past discussions of "The Patriot Way".  

In terms of the Patriot way, I think the concept is "No player is greater than me. Even if getting rid of him is bad for the team"
Something like that.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 am

George1963 wrote:
In terms of the Patriot way, I think the concept is "No player is greater than me. Even if getting rid of him is bad for the team"
Something like that.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Stampede wrote:

That's right.  That's why Bill Belichick sent Darrelle Revis home on Tuesday and he was not allowed to practice or attend team meetings because he was late. 

Revis reportedly accepted responsibility

The Patriots did not make a big deal out of it, but...

"The message was definitely sent. The rules apply to everybody."
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 am

guppy wrote:

Stampede wrote:

That's right.  That's why Bill Belichick sent Darrelle Revis home on Tuesday and he was not allowed to practice or attend team meetings because he was late. 

Revis reportedly accepted responsibility

The Patriots did not make a big deal out of it, but...

"The message was definitely sent. The rules apply to everybody."
So if Brady gets a flat tire this morning they'll send him home? Right.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 am

George1963 wrote:
Stampede wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Much, MUCH better
Shitloads better.
Stupid 25%.

I should have worked another 2% in there. Those who wanted to keep them both. According to a recent article Polian was in that group and I have to admit, so was I.
Looking back though that made no sense. Luck didn't need to sit and having PM, even as strong as he came back, wouldn't have changed the final outcomes of '12-'13 much IMO.  It was not just the right move it was the only move.
Anyone who still thinks they should have kept him is just being nostalgic. I actually got an e-mail this morning saying PM should have broken the TD record as a Colt.
Good to see you again Stamp.

I`m happy for Peyton and I wish him the best but Luck has made the transition flawless.........The kid just keeps getting better and he brings things to the table that Peyton couldn`t,  or wouldn`t do......Whereas Peyton would take a dive to avoid the hit,   Luck will escape and make something of it or knock a linebacker out (see Burfict).......He`s been exciting to watch and its been a pleasure after all these years to be able to afford a real defense because of the difference in salaries..........Good to see you too........Don`t think I`m welcome on the Steelers board anymore lol.

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down