Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUCH, That Hurt

5 posters

Go down

OUCH, That Hurt Empty OUCH, That Hurt

Post by CatalinaMinx Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:31 am

That game was painful to watch. Cheer up, Tommy, there's always next week.    Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

OUCH, That Hurt Empty Re: OUCH, That Hurt

Post by guppy Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:25 pm

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:10 pm

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:12 pm

The patriots are in deep trouble, I didn't anything good coming out of last nights game.

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Dmounts wrote:

The patriots are in deep trouble, I didn't anything good coming out of last nights game.

Actually some good came out of it. 

Nobody suffered a season ending injury and was placed on IR.

That's about it though.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Maybe not physically, but are you sure they came out alright mentally?

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:58 am

Dmounts wrote:

Maybe not physically, but are you sure they came out alright mentally?

This team is one big mess right now.  Mentally, they have to be shaken; coaches, players, everybody.  The true test is how do you react to adversity?   Collectively, do you curl up in the fetal position?  Or do you fight back?  Do you have the mental toughness to fight back, or do you not?

I guess we'll see.  If you're asking me which they will go, throw in the towel, or fight back, I'd have to tell you I honestly don't know.   Its unpredictable and could seriously go either way.  This not familiar territory in the Brady/Belichick era.  This is not just one bad game.  They have not shown anything at all in any game this entire season.  There is a lot of different views as to what is the cause of it, but no one really knows imo.  Even Revis has looked ordinary.  I never thought I'd see that.  Totally unexpected.  Things are happening that you just scratch your head and say, "Huh?  I never saw that coming."  There's just no fire, and the reason for that escapes me.  Trading Mankins was a mistake, but they'll never admit it.  Maybe that his having more of a ripple effect throughout the locker room than we know.  Now if they go out and sign an offensive lineman, that would be the equivalent of admitting that it was a mistake to trade Mankins. 

You thought I was a spoiled fan for complaining about the "win" over Oakland.  Well, now you know why.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Today Brady said that the offense has been bad for a long time, and he doesn't know what to do about it. That doesn't sound good either.

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Dmounts wrote:Today Brady said that the offense has been bad for a long time, and he doesn't know what to do about it. That doesn't sound good either.

Zackly.  No good to be found anywhere.  Both sides of the ball.  What?  Really?

Its one thing to kind of expect something like this based on information you have, and for it to not really be a surprise.  Its an entirely different and stunning matter to have this happen to this degree, on both sides of the ball, and for it to pretty much be not expected and kind of come out of left field.  I truly knew they weren't the best team in the league.  But this is crazy.  Given what they supposedly have on paper, this is failure of EPIC proportions. 

Tom is not the only one who doesn't know what to do about it.  He's got plenty of company in that regard.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:08 am

Why an attitude? It was meant in fun. They played awful. So far the Cowboys are playing well but my concern is their inconsistency. With your defensive posturing the Patriots could stand to place you on their payroll.
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:13 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:

Why an attitude? It was meant in fun. They played awful. So far the Cowboys are playing well but my concern is their inconsistency. With your defensive posturing the Patriots could stand to place you on their payroll.

Oh, I'm sure it was meant "in fun". 

Hey, just like the picture I posted.  That was in fun too. 

No "attitude".  Fun.  Come on, it was funny cartoon that was right back at ya and hit ya right between the eyes in response to your Brady fun.  Tell me you didn't see that?  I actually thought it was the perfect retort for the particular situation.  lol.

Now regarding football, the Patriots play in KC was actually much worse than "awful" as you say.  Calling them merely "awful" doesn't begin to do justice to how bad they were.  They were awful times 100.  They were pathetic.  They were putrid.  They were horrid.  They were sickening.  They were an embarrassment.  They sucked.  The whole team.  Not just Brady.  I think they are in big time trouble with the undefeated Bengals coming to town next.  They could actually go 2-3, and I don't even remember the last time that happened.  Believe me, the whole NE fanbase is pretty riled up right now.  The front page of today's Boston Herald showed a picture of the faces of Brady and Belichick with one word above them:  "CROSSROAD".  In other words, the headline is asking is it time to start thinking of making changes?  Nobody would have thought we'd be saying that at this point.  Its stunning.  So I am ready for all the haters to now come out in full force.  But hey, nothing lasts forever.  We just thought that it seems too early to be at the "crossroads".  This wasn't supposed to happen this year.  Next year, maybe.  But not this year.  

So where were you in the past when Tom and the Patriots were winning?  Not here.  Ever. 

And if (and that's a big "if") the Patriots somehow turn it around this season and right the currently sinking ship, I'm sure you'll come back here to give them a "well done".  Correct?  You don't want to make it seem like the only time you visit is to troll on Tom Brady.   I'm sure you want to show that you have some balance, so I say do come back in the good times, not just the bad times.

"Defensive posturing"?  Me?  I should be on the Patriots payroll?  Really?  Have you actually read any of my other recent posts and sharp criticisms of what's going on in NE right now?  How about my list of those I am blaming for what I called "this debacle of a team", starting with ownership and the GM/head coach and the rest of the coaching staff and then the players?  Did you per chance read that?  I was not kind.  "Defensive posturing"?  "Payroll"?  Pfffft.

Now I'm all in favor of "fun" as it relates to football.  Truly am.

Done the right way.

Good luck to the Cowboys.  Best they've looked in a long time. 

Now to have some fun.  You said your concern about the Cowboys is their "inconsistency".   I have to disagree.  They are not inconsistent at all.  In fact, I can't think of a team in the NFL that is more consistent than the Dallas Cowboys.  They consistently finish 8-8 every year.  That's real consistency fer ya.  

Now, isn't that fun? 

It was meant to be.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Oh, I'm sure it was meant "in fun".  

Hey, just like the picture I posted.  That was in fun too.  

No "attitude".  Fun.  Come on, it was funny cartoon that was right back at ya and hit ya right between the eyes in response to your Brady fun.  Tell me you didn't see that?  I actually thought it was the perfect retort for the particular situation.  lol.

Actually it wasn't perfect, the Cowboys are playing well. Your cartoon implies the opposite.  Wink

Now regarding football, the Patriots play in KC was actually much worse than "awful" as you say.  Calling them merely "awful" doesn't begin to do justice to how bad they were.  They were awful times 100.  They were pathetic.  They were putrid.  They were horrid.  They were sickening.  They were an embarrassment.  They sucked.  The whole team.  Not just Brady.  I think they are in big time trouble with the undefeated Bengals coming to town next.  They could actually go 2-3, and I don't even remember the last time that happened.  Believe me, the whole NE fanbase is pretty riled up right now.  The front page of today's Boston Herald showed a picture of the faces of Brady and Belichick with one word above them:  "CROSSROAD".  In other words, the headline is asking is it time to start thinking of making changes?  Nobody would have thought we'd be saying that at this point.  Its stunning.  So I am ready for all the haters to now come out in full force.  But hey, nothing lasts forever.  We just thought that it seems too early to be at the "crossroads".  This wasn't supposed to happen this year.  Next year, maybe.  But not this year.   

The Bengals are tough this year. Good luck to the Patriots, they're going to need it. 

So where were you in the past when Tom and the Patriots were winning?  Not here.  Ever.  

Sure I was. Look back. I won't hold it against you for not remembering.   Cool

And if (and that's a big "if") the Patriots somehow turn it around this season and right the currently sinking ship, I'm sure you'll come back here to give them a "well done".  Correct?  You don't want to make it seem like the only time you visit is to troll on Tom Brady.   I'm sure you want to show that you have some balance, so I say do come back in the good times, not just the bad times.

Of course I will! When the Pats are good they're great, when they're bad, they're pathetic. Your word. LOL

"Defensive posturing"?  Me?  I should be on the Patriots payroll?  Really?  Have you actually read any of my other recent posts and sharp criticisms of what's going on in NE right now?  How about my list of those I am blaming for what I called "this debacle of a team", starting with ownership and the GM/head coach and the rest of the coaching staff and then the players?  Did you per chance read that?  I was not kind.  "Defensive posturing"?  "Payroll"?  Pfffft.

I'm certain I'm not alone when I say you're always defensive when it concerns the Patriots. 

Now I'm all in favor of "fun" as it relates to football.  Truly am.

Done the right way.

Good luck to the Cowboys.  Best they've looked in a long time.  

Now to have some fun.  You said your concern about the Cowboys is their "inconsistency".   I have to disagree.  They are not inconsistent at all.  In fact, I can't think of a team in the NFL that is more consistent than the Dallas Cowboys.  They consistently finish 8-8 every year.  That's real consistency fer ya.   

Now, isn't that fun?  

It was meant to be. 

Fun, but not accurate. The Cowboys were 8, 8 only the last three years. Prior to that...

2010-6,10
2009-11,5
2008-9,7
2007-13,3
2006-9,7
2005-9,7
2004-6,10
2003-10,6

Always happy to help. In looking over the years rankings I discovered that back in 1989 the Cowboys were 1,15...now THAT'S pathetic. LOL All in the spirit of fun.     Very Happy
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:10 pm

The Cowboys won their 500th NFL game the other day.
The Patriots, um, didn't. And won't for quite a while.
So...........yea.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:12 pm

George1963 wrote:The Cowboys won their 500th NFL game the other day.
So...........yea.

Always great to hear from the resident Cowboy fan around here.

And  next week when NE plays the Bills, you can be, lemme guess, a Bills fan.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:23 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:The Cowboys won their 500th NFL game the other day.
So...........yea.

Always great to hear from the resident Cowboy fan around here.

Well, it looked like you took what she said as a shot and decided to point out that her team hasn't been as good as yours recently. Inferring, I guess, that she therefore had no right to talk.
I thought it was worth mentioning that in their entire history her team has been better than yours.
Quite a bit better.
That's all.

And  next week when NE plays the Bills, you can be, lemme guess, a Bills fan.

Nah, I'll still be a Colts fan. Looking forward to them winning their 500th game in the next few weeks.
2 games away!

The Patriots, um, aren't

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 am

George1963 wrote:

Well, it looked like you took what she said as a shot

It wasn't?

If someone takes a shot, it doesn't work both ways?  

Why is it one side gets to take a shot, call it "all done in fun"; but when the other sides responds to the shot with a "right back at ya" rejoinder, I'm now all of the sudden the bad guy? 

She, as the female, and you the as black male, need to walk in my shoes as the white male, so you guys can know what discrimination and unequal treatment really feel like.  I'm only looking to be an equal opportunity shot taker.  Smile

and decided to point out that her team hasn't been as good as yours recently. Inferring, I guess, that she therefore had no right to talk.

You need to read the cartoon that I cut and pasted again, and apply it to the specific circumstances in which it was being employed.  The reason it was seasonally apropo (I still think it was perfect) to her post was that pretty much the only thing she does when she comes here is to slam Brady, which, based on past experience, she feels quite strongly about her dislike for him, and rarely, if ever, comes here for any purpose other that doing that.  Her shot was kind of like a hit and run.  And its all OK.  No problem with anybody taking any shots they want.   But you can't tell me that as a Pats fan, I have not seen many posts here and elsewhere over the years where the haters get much more joy out of the Pats losing, than in their own team winning.  It is, and has been, a fact.  It happens.  That's a reason why a cartoon like that exists in the first place.  What's wrong with me pulling it up and using it.  Don't I get to have fun too? 

She responded by chiding me that I "don't remember" her other visits to the Pats board where she said something positive, or did something other than slam Brady.  Maybe there have been some other, but not much.  No need to research the thing.  She tells me that my use of the cartoon was not done in fun.  How does she know my motivation?  It sure felt like fun to me when I was doing it.  lol.  

But enough.  Bottom line, and I'm asking you, not her: 

Why is it she gets to trash talk "all in fun", but somehow I (the poor put upon white male) don't? 

Clarence Thomas would be on my side in this case.  Even without Scalia casting a vote.   

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:46 pm

George1963 wrote:

Nah, I'll still be a Colts fan. Looking forward to them winning their 500th game in the next few weeks.
2 games away!

Q:  What does a Colts fan do after the Colts win the Superbowl?

A:   He turns off X-Box. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 pm

A Colts fan found a bottle washed up on the beach and opened it and out popped a Genie who had been trapped inside.

The grateful Genie said to the Colts fan, "I will grant you any wish you want."

The Colts fan said, "I want to live forever."

The Genie said, "I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."

So the Colts fan said, "Well Okay, then I want to die after the Colts win the Superbowl."

"You clever bastard" said the Genie.

jocolor 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

2 games away!

Q:  What does a Colts fan do after the Colts win the Superbowl?

A:   He turns off X-Box. 

The Colts won 4 championships before X Box was invented.

The Patriots, um, didn't.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:34 pm

George1963 wrote:
The Colts won 4 championships before X Box was invented.

The Patriots, um, didn't.

Yup, but we just won't call them all "Superbowl championships". 

But no doubt there was great excitement and revelry all over town.
  Very Happy

There is one question that comes to mind that you and I have never addressed, and I'll do so now just for fun.

Which was the bigger disappointment/upset?  The Colts losing to the Broadway Joe and the Jets in '69, or the Patriots losing to Eli and the Giants in '08?

I'll call it a tie if you will.  Damn New York teams.  lol.

Last edited by guppy on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:38 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:That game was painful to watch. Cheer up, Tommy, there's always next week.    Very Happy

How true indeed.  What a difference one week can make in this week-to-week league.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:37 am

There is one question that comes to mind that you and I have never addressed, and I'll do so now just for fun.

Which was the bigger disappointment/upset?  The Colts losing to the Broadway Joe and the Jets in '69, or the Patriots losing to Eli and the Giants in '08?

I'll call it a tie if you will.  Damn New York teams.  lol.

The Giants have a reversal of fortune.  The Jets, well they'd have to aspire to stink.  The best part is I don't get in an emotional lather from this point on

Thanks Joe, thanks Devil.  
Still glad you made that deal?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:47 am

LRJets wrote:

Thanks Joe, thanks Devil.  
Still glad you made that deal?

I assume this question is being posed to Jets Nation in general? 
No doubt Joe Willie himself would make that deal again.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down