Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone call

4 posters

Go down

Phone call Empty Phone call

Post by George1963 Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:48 pm

I talked to my nephew yesterday and there were a couple of Boston related things.
His wedding anniversary is this weekend and he tried to get a hotel room in Boston. He was told that he should have tried before the MLB schedule came out. Just about every room in the city has been booked for months. By people from NY. Might be Yankee Stadium North this week.
He also said "You're always blathering on about line play, see if you can find a 60 min of the Pats Oak game and tell me what you think about the NE O line."
Absolutely disgusting. I mean individual fundamentally bad. And there's guys in that unit that I think are plus players.
Bad bad bad coaching going on there. The only bright spot was when they took out whatever that mess was that was playing guard, moved Connoly over, and put in my man Stork. Things looked a tiny bit better then.
Brady won't last the season with this crap. Sign Incognito. Throw a bag of consultant money at scarnecchia. Do something.
He also pointed out that I've only ever lived in 6 houses in my life and I still, legally at least, own 5 of them. He thought that was weird. It made me want to find out if the sixth might be for sale.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Phone call Empty Re: Phone call

Post by guppy Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:45 pm

George1963 wrote:I talked to my nephew yesterday and there were a couple of Boston related things.
His wedding anniversary is this weekend and he tried to get a hotel room in Boston. He was told that he should have tried before the MLB schedule came out. Just about every room in the city has been booked for months. By people from NY. Might be Yankee Stadium North this week.
He also said "You're always blathering on about line play, see if you can find a 60 min of the Pats Oak game and tell me what you think about the NE O line."
Absolutely disgusting. I mean individual fundamentally bad. And there's guys in that unit that I think are plus players.
Bad bad bad coaching going on there. The only bright spot was when they took out whatever that mess was that was playing guard, moved Connoly over, and put in my man Stork. Things looked a tiny bit better then.
Brady won't last the season with this crap. Sign Incognito. Throw a bag of consultant money at scarnecchia. Do something.
He also pointed out that I've only ever lived in 6 houses in my life and I still, legally at least, own 5 of them. He thought that was weird. It made me want to find out if the sixth might be for sale.

There are a lot of angry fans around Boston right now over this sputtering offense, and mostly (but not totally - Brady is getting blame too) directed at the offensive line. 

And I'm one of them.  Totally disgusted with the "win" over Oakland.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:49 pm

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:35 pm

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
C'mon. Where would the Pats be without the 4 catches and 35 yards they've gotten from the guy who's gonna make everyone forget the serial killer?
Add to that the flexibility that adding 5 mil to their 9 mil cap surplus gives them, win win win.
It's craziness. They're wasting the last couple of good years of the greatest asset that any NFL team has ever had.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:21 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
C'mon. Where would the Pats be without the 4 catches and 35 yards they've gotten from the guy who's gonna make everyone forget the serial killer?
Add to that the flexibility that adding 5 mil to their 9 mil cap surplus gives them, win win win.
It's craziness. They're wasting the last couple of good years of the greatest asset that any NFL team has ever had.

Well, I heard that the whole O Line reported to practice EARLY on Wednesday, and just met as a group among themselves to discuss their problems and how to fix them. 

Seriously.  Actually reported to work early.

Wow.  What professionals!  Isn't that awesome of them? 

That means we fans should not worry about anything, including Brady making through 16 games without having to be transported to the ER at Mass. General.

OK, now that I know that they reported to work early, I'm all good.  [sarcasm]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm

George1963 wrote:I talked to my nephew yesterday and there were a couple of Boston related things.

Absolutely!  Jeter's last home game tonight at Yankee stadium, then onto Boston.  Thank goodness the rain has stopped!

~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:45 pm

guppy wrote:

There are a lot of angry fans around Boston right now over this sputtering offense, and mostly (but not totally - Brady is getting blame too) directed at the offensive line. 

And I'm one of them.  Totally disgusted with the "win" over Oakland.

Talk about a bunch of spoiled fans.  Sad  over a win.  Gezzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:38 pm

Dmounts wrote:

Talk about a bunch of spoiled fans.  Sad  over a win.  Gezzzz

Damn straight.

And, things look so gloomy right now after three games that I might have to take the unprecedented step of stop wearing my Tom Brady footie pajamas to bed..... until things change for the better.

Desperate move I know.

But these are desperate times.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 pm

You guys lose Brady and your bottom feeders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:42 am

Dmounts wrote:You guys lose Brady and your bottom feeders.

No. Not in the east. If Tamba Hali folds Brady in half on monday the rookie will play, they'll win 9 or 10 games and the division, and get rolled in the plaoffs. In the wildcard maybe, in the divisional round for sure.
They could lose Brady and still be a playoff team, maybe for years. But without some major changes, that's about it.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 am

Absolutely disgusting. I mean individual fundamentally bad.

It looked like the Patriots linemen were in the Pro Bowl. Where all the interior guys stand up at the snap and lean on each other until the whistle.

Unfortunately the Raiders guys werent playing like that.
Disgusting is a good word for it.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:52 am

Rick wrote:

No. Not in the east. If Tamba Hali folds Brady in half on monday the rookie will play, they'll win 9 or 10 games and the division, and get rolled in the plaoffs. In the wildcard maybe, in the divisional round for sure.
They could lose Brady and still be a playoff team, maybe for years. But without some major changes, that's about it.

Isn't this like year 12 or 13 or whatever that we've been hearing about the Patriots imminent demise back into oblivion?

Not really sure exactly how many years that same song and dance has been sung, but it definitely spans at least a couple different administrations in the White House.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:56 am

Rick wrote:Absolutely disgusting.

Disgusting is a good word for it.

I mean it was the HOME OPENER fer chrissake.  There was absolutely no excuse for that pathetic performance.  As Parcells might say, made me want to throw up in my mouth.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:03 am

~Sheila~ wrote:

Absolutely!  Jeter's last home game tonight at Yankee stadium, then onto Boston.  Thank goodness the rain has stopped!

Congrats to Derek Jeter on his walk off winning hit in his last game in pinstripes.

Sincerely,

Red Sox Nation

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:17 am

guppy wrote:
Rick wrote:

Isn't this like year 12 or 13 or whatever that we've been hearing about the Patriots imminent demise back into oblivion?

Well we're talking about if the lose TB. It won't be oblivion, but it will be mediocrity. Which is good enough in their division. Until one of the teams comes up with an elite level QB anyway.

Not really sure exactly how many years that same song and dance has been sung, but it definitely spans at least a couple different administrations in the White House.

I remember hearing it the day after the Rams Super Bowl. The very next day. Fluke, one hit wonders, all that. When they disproved that, it seemed like every year they were somehow "exposed" and their success was coming to an end.
They kept winning though. Odd.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:38 am

Rick wrote:

I remember hearing it the day after the Rams Super Bowl. The very next day. Fluke, one hit wonders, all that. When they disproved that, it seemed like every year they were somehow "exposed" and their success was coming to an end.
They kept winning though. Odd.

Not "odd".  Just wishful thinking that the winning would end. 

And enough already with them being lucky due to the Tuck Rule.  That was luck sure, but it only helped them stay alive in ONE GAME, which they still had to win that game in OT. 

And hello, they had to win games AFTER that.

I do understand the frustration of the Raider fans though, but hey Raider fans, it was ONE GAME.  A long time ago.  There's been some games actually played AFTER that game.

How'd they work out? 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:18 am

guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Congrats to Derek Jeter on his walk off winning hit in his last game in pinstripes.

Sincerely,

Red Sox Nation

Wasn't that great?  So happy for him and such a fantastic way to end his career at Yankee Stadium.

Did you hear the crowd chanting "Derek Jeter" at last nights game in Boston?  So cool! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:52 am

~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Sincerely,

Red Sox Nation

Wasn't that great?  So happy for him and such a fantastic way to end his career at Yankee Stadium.

Did you hear the crowd chanting "Derek Jeter" at last nights game in Boston?  So cool! 

There should be a good ceremony today, his last game, without overdoing it.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:38 am

guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:
guppy wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Sincerely,

Red Sox Nation

There should be a good ceremony today, his last game, without overdoing it.

Yes, I'm going to DVR the game as I'm heading out with a bunch of my gf's for brunch.  Kinda bummed I'll miss it. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:16 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Yes, I'm going to DVR the game as I'm heading out with a bunch of my gf's for brunch.  Kinda bummed I'll miss it. 

Quite the ceremony.  I don't think you'd see something like that from a rival for a rival any other place or time.  He gets a hit in his last at bat and then gets a pinch runner, and he walks of the field at the ballpark of his biggest rivals for the final time after a 20 year career.  Sounds like a movie.  Great final curtain on a Hall of Fame career.

OK, now get ready for next year.  The Red Sox are bringing up the next generation and putting the pieces in place for the future and look to be competitive again after only one down year following a World Series Championship.  Now that the Jeter era is over, I can go back to normal and hating the Yankees.  LOL.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down