Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets

4 posters

Go down

Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets Empty Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets

Post by guppy Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:26 am

I like Rex Ryan's confidence in saying that New England "should worry about the Jets" this year. 

But I must use this opportunity to come up with an appropriate response.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets Empty Re: Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets

Post by guppy Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 am

Got it. 

I'll just let Gronk respond for me.   Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets Empty Re: Rex says Pats need to worry about Jets

Post by George1963 Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:00 am

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:44 pm

George1963 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL.  That's our loveable Gronk. 

Think about the name for a minute.  "Gronk" and use it in a sentence.   I just got "gronked".   Or, I see a "gronk" in my soup.  You've got your head up your Gronk.

It just sounds nasty.

So George, "Gronk You".   Laughing 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 pm

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:54 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL.  That's our loveable Gronk. 

Think about the name for a minute.  "Gronk" and use it in a sentence.   I just got "gronked".   Or, I see a "gronk" in my soup.  You've got your head up your Gronk.

It just sounds nasty.

So George, "Gronk You".   Laughing 

When I was a kid we used to call someone who acted like Gronkowski, big, goofy, affable idiot, a gronk. True stuff. I thought it was a Midwestern thing, but I just looked it up and apparently it's common in Australia too.
Fun facts to tell and trade.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:53 pm

George1963 wrote:

When I was a kid we used to call someone who acted like Gronkowski, big, goofy, affable idiot, a gronk. True stuff. I thought it was a Midwestern thing, but I just looked it up and apparently it's common in Australia too.
Fun facts to tell and trade.

That's good stuff.

You must have seen this old video from 2012, and even if you did, like me, you probably haven't seen it in awhile. 

A little entertainment for you on a Friday afternoon.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:43 am

Gronk says he's not going to change his "smashing and dashing" physical style of play.

Well, alrighty then.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:35 am

Gronk says he's not going to change his "smashing and dashing" physical style of play.

Well, alrighty then.

So he's going to turn into an oversize, slow TE with soft hands and minimal YAC.
BB finally makes up for missing out on Kyle Brady in the '95 draft.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 am

George1963 wrote:Gronk says he's not going to change his "smashing and dashing" physical style of play.

Well, alrighty then.

So he's going to turn into an oversize, slow TE with soft hands and minimal YAC.

You have a very wry sense of humor young man.

BTW, I thought "soft hands" for a receiver is a good thing.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:16 am

George1963 wrote:Gronk says he's not going to change his "smashing and dashing" physical style of play.

Well, alrighty then.

Worst case yes. Thats my fear. The back the knee and self preservation take him from gret to good. Brady a good comparison. 40 catxhes, 500 yards 5 td which is solid, but not close to what he was.
I think BB not starting him out on pup is a message. We tell you when you're ready. Not your dad or your brothers or anyone else on"Team Gronk". Us.
Maybe he doesn,t have it in him to start playing it safe. Not yet anyway. We can hope.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:49 am

Rick wrote:

Well, alrighty then.

Worst case yes. Thats my fear. The back the knee and self preservation take him from gret to good. Brady a good comparison. 40 catxhes, 500 yards 5 td which is solid, but not close to what he was.
I think BB not starting him out on pup is a message. We tell you when you're ready. Not your dad or your brothers or anyone else on"Team Gronk". Us.
Maybe he doesn,t have it in him to start playing it safe. Not yet anyway. We can hope.

Someone else who really needs to learn how to get down instead of take a big hit is Amendola. 

The absolute master of ducking and getting down to avoid the big hit was Deion Branch.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:00 am

I still say Brigit Moynihan is nicer.  And as a person, she is much nicer!
Notice Tommy's sweater color. Or is that Justin Bieber?

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:29 pm

LRJets wrote:I still say Brigit Moynihan is nicer.  And as a person, she is much nicer!

"much nicer!" you say?  "Much" means "a lot".  She must be, according to you, "A LOT" nicer -- "as a person" that is (nothing to do with looks).  Exclamation point (!) you say, meaning you are very emphatic about your statement.  That's what exclamation points are for, right?  The gap between the two women in the "niceness" category must be absolutely HUGE.  This is what you are telling us, is it not?

I, myself, have no idea of the relative "niceness as a person" of each.  Like, let me ask it this way:  is one a "10" and the other a "5"?   

What exactly does "much nicer!"  "as a person" mean?

I simply don't know.  I'm not privy to each woman's private everyday comings and goings.  Like, does one treat waiters and waitresses nicely, and the other treat them with disdain and abuse them?  How about valets who park their cars for them?  Does one women treat the valet well, gives him a good tip, while the other looks down on the valet, swears at him, and gives him no tip?  What I'm saying is, I just don't know.  I have no clue.

Can you help me out and provide some insight and some specific examples of the actions of both women in their private lives "as a person", preferably in similar situations.  Then I can evaluate and compare your examples of how each woman handled herself, and then from there I can reach my own conclusion as to is "much nicer" "as a person".

One caveat.  One example to make a comparison won't do.  I will need at least 3-4 examples of how each woman behaved in order to make a properly informed judgment.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:11 am

One caveat.  One example to make a comparison won't do.  I will need at least 3-4 examples of how each woman behaved in order to make a properly informed judgment.

Here I really and truly thought you were the rarest of NE fans.  
Reasonable.
Objective.

It really doesn't matter what you need, or what I think about "Giselle".

Or the millions who watched that Super Bowl.......ummm loss to the Giants.

Or what Wes Welker thinks of her.*

* Why he doesn't catch football you throw?

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:27 am

LRJets wrote:

Here I really and truly thought you were the rarest of NE fans.  
Reasonable.
Objective.

And here I really thought you were the rarest of NY fans.

- Not given to petty, cheap shot personal attacks against spouses of players who you don
't really have the slightest clue of who they are "as a person".

I simply find it completely ironic that you throw words at me like "objective" in a thread where you smeared someone "as a person", which on your part, is the direct opposite -- totally subjective.  The fatal flaw in your shot at me about being "objective" is that it is absent warrant.  At least in this thread it is.  Its like that Tampa Bay Rays pitcher calling out Big Papi for showboating by flipping his bat when he hit a home run, when that same pitcher was shown jumping up in the air, pumping his fist, and kissing his bicep after striking out one of the other Red Sox.  Its like, dude, Mr. bicep kisser, who the hell are YOU to be calling out someone else for showboating?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down