Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he?

2 posters

Go down

Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he? Empty Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he?

Post by guppy Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Here he is at Fenway Park posing with three Red Sox World Championship rings.

I wonder if he did the same thing at Yankee Stadium?  Wait, whoops.  Take that back.  LOL.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he? Empty Re: Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he?

Post by George1963 Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:16 am

guppy wrote:Here he is at Fenway Park posing with three Red Sox World Championship rings.

I wonder if he did the same thing at Yankee Stadium?  Wait, whoops.  Take that back.  LOL.

He could only wear 21 at once.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by George1963 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he? Empty Re: Johnny Manziel does get around doesn't he?

Post by George1963 Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 am

Here he is at Fenway Park posing with three Red Sox World Championship rings.

While buying tickets to the Red Sox ring raffle (Don't ask), I noticed two things;

Payment of Taxes Prize:  CFC will make a payment on behalf of the Winner to the IRS and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) to mitigate the Winner’s potential tax liability, The IRS and the DOR treat the value of prizes won in a raffle as ordinary income for tax purposes.

Never seen this before. Not sure why, it's a good idea. I've probably heard a hundred stories about people who've won stuff and then had to sell the prize to pay the taxes.
And this;

The 2004, 2007 and 2013 World Series Championship Ring prizes will be identical in design to the official rings received by the players, except for a design modification to one side of the 2013 ring (to say “BOSTON STRONG 2013” in place of the “B STRONG” logo).

Somebody must have sued them over "B Strong".
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:32 pm

George1963 wrote:Here he is at Fenway Park posing with three Red Sox World Championship rings.

While buying tickets to the Red Sox ring raffle (Don't ask), I noticed two things;

Payment of Taxes Prize:  CFC will make a payment on behalf of the Winner to the IRS and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) to mitigate the Winner’s potential tax liability, The IRS and the DOR treat the value of prizes won in a raffle as ordinary income for tax purposes.

Never seen this before. Not sure why, it's a good idea. I've probably heard a hundred stories about people who've won stuff and then had to sell the prize to pay the taxes.
And this;

The 2004, 2007 and 2013 World Series Championship Ring prizes will be identical in design to the official rings received by the players, except for a design modification to one side of the 2013 ring (to say “BOSTON STRONG 2013” in place of the “B STRONG” logo).

Somebody must have sued them over "B Strong".

Who is CFC?

What's the difference between what they are doing as far as deducting some of the prize money and giving to the IRS and the DOR on your behalf, and what lotteries do?  Isn't it the same?  But you can deduct the cost of playing from your winnings.  That's why I used to see people going through the trash at convenient stores and picking up losing scratch tickets.  They are planning on deducting them in case they scratch a winner, claiming that they bought all the losers and they want to deduct that.  LOL.  Prize winnings have always been ordinary income.  If a player gets a car for winning the MVP, he owes income taxes on the value of the car.

And....

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:35 pm

George1963 wrote:

By golly, there actually is one there from the 2000's.

I'm impressed. 

Smile 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:45 pm

He's there recuiting Love for the cav's.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 am

Prize winnings have always been ordinary income.

I know, but I've never seen a thing like this where part of the prize was cash. Certainly not paid directly into Barack and Shelly 2015 Vineyard fund.

All the ones I've ever seen had a little disclaimer on how you're going to get a 1099, or whatever, for the value. 
Like I said, I've seen a number of people who had a Viper (Or a Corvette or a Rolex or a condo) for a while that disappears the following March.
(In Las Vegas everyone knows you're an idiot if you don't take the cash alternative, but people still go for the shiny)

In this case if you couldn't cover the bill you'd be selling one of the three rings if you won the grand prize, your wifes if you won second, and wind up ringless if you won third.
Sad, sad Red Sox fan.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 am

Who is CFC?

Celebrities for Charity. They're an outfit, nonprofit I think, that organizes stuff like this.

They did the Blackhawks ring raffle.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 pm

George1963 wrote:

Barack and Shelly 2015 Vineyard fund.

LMAO.  That's a good one. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm

George1963 wrote:
Sad, sad Red Sox fan.

and a happy one.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down